Matthijs de Ligt (46 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Lets say its true, that makes him pretty soft mentally.
the guy came here after reached quarter of the Champions League. may be He didn't expect to be eliminated three times in the 16th round(CL) and finishing fourth in the farmer league two years in a row. juve showed him that a club with empty of ambition.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
the guy came here after reached quarter of the Champions League. may be He didn't expect to be eliminated three times in the 16th round(CL) and finishing fourth in the farmer league two years in a row. juve showed him that a club with empty of ambition.
Lmao he was part of the problem, he wasn't just a bystander. He definitely didn't play with the consistency a 75M player should have. I remember more of his errors than dominant performances. And if Serie A is a farmers league what is bundesliga?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we replace him with Bremer, a better defender, no issue here. However, figures should have been higher. But we would spend 40m on Bremer, which leaves us with enough money for another defender, like Milenkovic. Our backline going into next season might be stronger after all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Tf is this shit?
Dude’s quitting as a Juve fan because of soyboy like Dybala leaving :rofl:

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
70M+ for a center back is the opposite of underwhelming imo. I'm surprised there are still clubs willing to pay that much for that position.
Really? Lucas Hernandez was bought for 80m two years ago by the same club who just bought De Ligt, who is just as much of a prospect as Lucas Hernandez ever was. When you are looking to sell a prospect of that caliber, you don't just accept the first offer that comes in. Again I get why he was sold, it's just strange that there were no other serious bidders reported.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Really? Lucas Hernandez was bought for 80m two years ago by the same club who just bought De Ligt, who is just as much of a prospect as Lucas Hernandez ever was. When you are looking to sell a prospect of that caliber, you don't just accept the first offer that comes in. Again I get why he was sold, it's just strange that there were no other serious bidders reported.
Seems like Bayern is the only club really obsessed with center backs. And that fee they payed was his release clause, no?

Btw De Ligt now makes up 2 of the 5 most expensive CB transfers of all time.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm not going to complain because we replaced him with a supposedly better defender on a much lower cost. However I still see it as a failure not to get more than we paid for him. Even if we overpaid at the time, signings like this are supposed to be investments i.e. you make a profit, not just plusvalenza.

Anyway, moving on. I'm glad we were prepared this time and he was adequately replaced, not repeating the same mistakes of the past.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It Is not rocket science, we always sell for less and we always overpay. And all the clubs know it and abuse it.
I understand why he was sold, but wow. What an underwhelming sale price. I really don't understand why there wasn't more of a bidding war for him, especially from oil clubs.
We undersold because he underperformed. Simple.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Not that I care, but did Bayern really need him? Shouldn’t they spend their money trying to replace Lewandoswki?
It doesn't matter we had to sell and we did so. Kinda shame they didn't get 80m+ otherwise no complaints. He was too much of a luxury to keep around anyway.

Btw. I think they plan to use Mane as a cf.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I understand why he was sold, but wow. What an underwhelming sale price. I really don't understand why there wasn't more of a bidding war for him, especially from oil clubs.
He only wanted Bayern.

Our 3 starting CB's in Upamecano, Hernandez and now de Ligt have cost us 189 mio euros more or less. :shifty: Better be worth it in the long term.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Not that I care, but did Bayern really need him? Shouldn’t they spend their money trying to replace Lewandoswki?
Kinda like with us and De Ligt back in 2019. Should’ve spent that money on a midfielder instead.
Gnabry, Mané and Müller will probably share the goals between them. We're chasing a talented striker from Rennes named Mathys Tel, only 17 years old so will be one for the future.

My guess is we'll play without a real number 9 for the coming season, then from 2023 we'll go all in for someone like Harry Kane.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Kinda like with us and De Ligt back in 2019. Should’ve spent that money on a midfielder instead.
We obviously needed a new defender but I agree we could have found a better use for the money.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I just hope M.R nobody until this past year and then Serie A defender of the year guy can perform like that for another season.
I dont see why not but its not that obvious when you get a new player.
Obviously just because he is not hyped like de ligt he is not Mr Nobody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)