Matthijs de Ligt (27 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I know literally nothing like everyone else. I just have a feeling he might want to stay. Don't know why. He doesn't seem frivolous or greedy. Maybe being mentored by Chiellini and Bonucci has made an impression on a defender with such high aspirations. He's still 20 but he's seems very conscious about his self-improvement. Serie A develops the best CBs in the world. There's a very thin spine of promising youth in the squad. I think the club will have recovered some of its purchasing power by the time our young prospects begin to peak. So, why not wait a few more seasons to improve himself and see if finds himself as a leader of a top club.

Raiola doesn't move all of his clients from club to club all the time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I know literally nothing like everyone else. I just have a feeling he might want to stay. Don't know why. He doesn't seem frivolous or greedy. Maybe being mentored by Chiellini and Bonucci has made an impression on a defender with such high aspirations. He's still 20 but he's seems very conscious about his self-improvement. Serie A develops the best CBs in the world. There's a very thin spine of promising youth in the squad. I think the club will have recovered some of its purchasing power by the time our young prospects begin to peak. So, why not wait a few more seasons to improve himself and see if finds himself as a leader of a top club.

Raiola doesn't move all of his clients from club to club all the time.
He's the top earner and one of the youngest starters. I'm betting we tried to sign him on cheaper wages than whats in the contract - so don't be fooled. Like anyone else he is in it for the money and; when he isn't winning titles then he needs a significant pay bump.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
he is one of top notch defenders and deserves for the amount of money we pay him.
Na, I'm glad he's here, but he's definitely overpaid. He makes nearly as much money as Ramos did at Real or Van Dijk is making at Liverpool. Bonucci's been better than him this year (even he's overpaid) and even he doesn't make as much as De Ligt. He's a really good prospect, and I think he'll be one of the best in the years to come. But he's not there yet, but we pay him like he is.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
As much as MDL worth is valued nowadays, if today's prices applied 10-12 years ago, Chiellini and Bonucci would be worth 250M as a pair.
I like him, however I think as with most players today he is overpaid.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Na, I'm glad he's here, but he's definitely overpaid. He makes nearly as much money as Ramos did at Real or Van Dijk is making at Liverpool. Bonucci's been better than him this year (even he's overpaid) and even he doesn't make as much as De Ligt. He's a really good prospect, and I think he'll be one of the best in the years to come. But he's not there yet, but we pay him like he is.
The only thing that distinguishes bonucci to de ligt this year, it is scoring goal from the penalty spot.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Paratici era we were signing players because we offered them the highest wages, simply as that.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
His hands/arms are like a magnet at times.

Harsh penalty given how close he was and that it was also coming off the previous challenge but was always going to be given. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get one for that.

The handball rule is crazy though and needs updating.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
His hands/arms are like a magnet at times.

Harsh penalty given how close he was and that it was also coming off the previous challenge but was always going to be given. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get one for that.

The handball rule is crazy though and needs updating.
It's just so inconsistent, Mertens last week no pen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)