Matthijs de Ligt (74 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#deLigt wants to stay at #Juventus: he didn't express any dissatisfaction and simply hopes (rightfully) for an evolution of the team as of next season.

As of today, the contract renewal is more likely than a departure, but it is crucial not to get close to "his" deadline in 2023.

[@SCUTweet]

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
#deLigt wants to stay at #Juventus: he didn't express any dissatisfaction and simply hopes (rightfully) for an evolution of the team as of next season.

As of today, the contract renewal is more likely than a departure, but it is crucial not to get close to "his" deadline in 2023.

[@SCUTweet]
We have to ask Bonucci an Chiellini what they think first.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #4,004
    Obviously its bullshit that gets spewed every time some news doesn't favour the club to keep the opium going. He'd have to be masochistic to stay.

He could stay this summer if the club stays firm, but he'll probably be gone after.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
    Not to shit on him as I like MDL and defenders in general, the same way people usually fanboi over forwards etc. but honestly I expected a little more from him. I know he is young but I don't see any glimpses standing out to justify his wages. Not the positional sense and smooth operation of Barzagli, the ferociousness of Chiellini, or the ball handling/passing ability of Bonucci.
    Not to say this means he has to be sold now, maybe he will get there but for the hype I expected a little more so if we keep and he is the same in a year I wouldnt negotiate for a better contract.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know what people expect, but De Ligt has been pretty good, honestly. Yeah he cost a lot and has higher wages, but even some of the best make mistakes at times. Just look at Virgil the past couple years. Or Bonucci every other match. We already sold Romero and will probably lose Demiral, so if we sell De Ligt without lining up a real replacement who can command the defense for several years, we're just a really dumb club without a plan, but that's what we look like anyway so yeah, just sell him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Aren't there some quality US defenders around that we could pick up? @Bjerknes
    I know you are joking, but honestly there aren't any. Richards is a really good talent for Bayern but who knows how he'll turn out. CB is probably our weakest position talent-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Gucci Onyewu, Dest, Joe Biden
    Excuse me, please call him by his fugball name, Brandon.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Respect to a non-Italian who's touted as one of the top CBs in the world for staying at Juve. Things haven't been so peachy since he arrived and he left on a huge high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)