Matthijs de Ligt (25 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
And replacement(s)?

Sure, we'd have a lot of cash to reinvest but try doing that without downgrading the team and keep some cash to upgrade some other position(s).
Milkenovic release clause 15 million euros Bremer from torino and many more .Unfortunately our financial condition is that we need to sell players for revamping our midfield and attack.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Madrid getting rudiger for free
Yeah but he's getting a top salary there, doesn't he? What's the point then?

Besides, if there's a Madrid's offer on the table, he's not choosing Juve, no way.

- - - Updated - - -

Milkenovic release clause 15 million euros Bremer from torino and many more .Unfortunately our financial condition is that we need to sell players for revamping our midfield and attack.
Milenkovic is actually a good name!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

first i thought it's okay, he's bloody expensive indeed. then i thought who's gonna be our cb's then. just avoid romagnoli as a potential starter.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not like we can't replace de Ligt and selling him for big bucks would be nice. However, seeing those moves it seems like we're so fucking broke and desperate.

We barely ever make a good sell so I think we'll fail selling de Ligt too. It will be another giveaway and a loss for us.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don’t believe this
Ask yourself this: how do we extend him? Surely, you need to bump up his wages. Doable?

I'd keep him for as long as possible but I don't think he's sticking around for his entire career here.

What sucks is the lack of available, quality CBs on the market. Milenkovic is one that I'd take and then I have no idea.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...What sucks is the lack of available, quality CBs on the market. Milenkovic is one that I'd take and then I have no idea.
this. we tend to buy defenders with serie a experience, so milenkovic is a good option. bremer is interesting too, looks very reliable for toro.

for years i thought romagnoli was good, but i have my reservations. one thing is sure: we won't have direct chiellini-bonucci(-barza) replacements.

btw i still think de ligt is easily a top young cb, and i was looking forward to a de ligt, demiral pairing to replace bonbon and giorgio. too bad demiral turned out to be unreliable after his injury, and de ligt's progress isn't linear either. in fact he was better for ajax, and he costs us 28m per season. we could still lower his yearly costs by extending (even with bumping his wages), but if someone knocks with 100m cash i don't see juve resisting such an offer.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
He's been good, but irreplaceable? Certainly not. €100m is a lot and not just "saving money"

And let's avoid Raiola passengers anyway.
Nobody in the current team is irreplaceable but selling De Ligt all but guarantees we will end up with a weaker team. Not to mention that the other two CBs we have have a combined age of 70 and one of them was never great and the other one is always injured lately. Rugani I wont even consider.

Jun 16, 2020
Ask yourself this: how do we extend him? Surely, you need to bump up his wages. Doable?

I'd keep him for as long as possible but I don't think he's sticking around for his entire career here.

What sucks is the lack of available, quality CBs on the market. Milenkovic is one that I'd take and then I have no idea.
No club offers his best defender a year in advance to another top club. Extending his contract should be the main priority. I’m all for keeping De Ligt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)