Matthijs de Ligt (29 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's been good, but irreplaceable? Certainly not. €100m is a lot and not just "saving money"

And let's avoid Raiola passengers anyway.
But Gravenberch :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

Ask yourself this: how do we extend him? Surely, you need to bump up his wages. Doable?

I'd keep him for as long as possible but I don't think he's sticking around for his entire career here.

What sucks is the lack of available, quality CBs on the market. Milenkovic is one that I'd take and then I have no idea.
There are a lot of quality CBs on the market.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiel...&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
He's been good, but irreplaceable? Certainly not. €100m is a lot and not just "saving money"

And let's avoid Raiola passengers anyway.
This is his salary

According to The Guardian, the Dutchman is paid a base salary of £14.5m per season, which could rise to £21.7m with add-ons. That means he earns approximately £280,000 per week but could potentially take home a weekly wage of £417,000 if all the add-ons are achieved.
:sergio::sergio::sergio:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Not sure how we can think about selling him. It would make sense had we kept Romero (and Demiral did better) but we have neither so that leaves a terrible Rugani and the ancient duo.
Selling Romero before he even graced the pitch is one of our biggest blunders in years.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
This is before tax surely
and they are simply wrong, and/or use a special eur/gbp rate. de ligt's net salary is 8m + bonus, which is ~10.5 gross with the tax advantage.

that tax advantage is really a huge deal. there are players here who earn less in net wages but cost a lot more in gross. bonucci's 6.5m net is ~12m gross. i'm not sure whether guardian know too much about the italian tax rules. calcioefinanza are a bit more reliable.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Selling De Ligt means we probably will be stuck with more of Bonucci and Chiellini. There aren't any solid young Italian defenders available for us right now, we already let Romero go and Demiral will probably be purchased, so what do we plan on doing here?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
and they are simply wrong, and/or use a special eur/gbp rate. de ligt's net salary is 8m + bonus, which is ~10.5 gross with the tax advantage.

that tax advantage is really a huge deal. there are players here who earn less in net wages but cost a lot more in gross. bonucci's 6.5m net is ~12m gross. i'm not sure whether guardian know too much about the italian tax rules. calcioefinanza are a bit more reliable.
Still, his salary is huge and if he stays for more than 5 years his wages will cost 16 mil gross + 4 mil bonus. If he has to sign a new contract he'll have to have a salary increase too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Still, his salary is huge and if he stays for more than 5 years his wages will cost 16 mil gross + 4 mil bonus. If he has to sign a new contract he'll have to have a salary increase too.
i'm just saying that those numbers are wrong.

and he's not staying. i don't think both juve and de ligt planned this for more than 5 years, and he'll be the first to leave when we inevitably miss out on a cl place.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
i'm just saying that those numbers are wrong.

and he's not staying. i don't think both juve and de ligt planned this for more than 5 years, and he'll be the first to leave when we inevitably miss out on a cl place.
Then his transfer was a huge waste of time and money.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We will likely sell this guy to raise money.

We had our hands on Demiral, Romero and MDL. Next year we will be stuck with Rugani, Bonucci and Chiellini.

Fuck this club.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Then his transfer was a huge waste of time and money.
we knew all along that he was a raiola client and dutch players' endgame is probably barca, neither are new or surprising. i still liked that transfer, and his age and reputation guarantees some nice plusvalenza too. his book value must be around 34m next summer...

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
we knew all along that he was a raiola client and dutch players' endgame is probably barca, neither are new or surprising. i still liked that transfer, and his age and reputation guarantees some nice plusvalenza too. his book value must be around 34m next summer...
We could have used those 75 mil somewhere else (like the midfield) and we could have bought another young CB and give him more chances for the long run. I don't care about plusvalenza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)