Matthijs de Ligt (6 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If I would have been the manager of juventus, bonnuci would never become a member of the bbc.
I would have sent him packing after his first year here.He was that dreadful. Same with de ligt. We need patience.
Some question, why we never sign younger players, but when we do, we complain about their inexperience.
The problem also lies with sarri who just doesn't want to rest him regardless of opposition.
This guy is going to be huge in a couple of years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I said before and I will say it again, De Ligt is the least of our concerns.
He was overpriced and he's overpaid. But it's not his fault that the management decided it was better for us to splurge on a CB than fix our midfield. Now that he's here, he should keep starting and keep playing because he's got the talent to make it. If we can be patient with a 23 year old Bonucci, we sure as hell can be patient with a 20 year old.

Apr 19, 2007
I would love to see what fans would be saying if Demiral was making these mistakes or Rugani had to start. Remember that he was forced to play because of an Injury. Now the midfield is another discussion altogether. We did bring in players but unfortunatly we havnt been healthy and our squad looks painfully lethargic. I dont think we would be saying the same thing if Ramsey and COsta were healthy but at some point you have to plan for that just like we did with Chiellini

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What nonsense. He's had some great games and the potential is there.
No different from Rugani imo. 1 okay or good performance followed by a few shaky ones. Good moments here and there but also huge lapses.

The only reason I have higher expectations of him is his Ajax performances and the shit ton of money we spent on him. I think if I only saw his performances with us that season, I'd have never guessed anyone paid that kind of money for him or that last year he was containing the best strikers in the world in the biggest competition.

He might have the performances of a typical promising youngster who needs time to find consistency in his level but thats not what we paid for. We paid record money for him. We paid for Mbappe and got Rashford.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit at it being a huge fall. Maybe you dont realize you are watching him weekly now? So notice the kinks in the armour. Not only is he now in more challenging higher level now, with added pressure (Eredivise is childs play in comparison). But with Ajax too in CL and NT (read up on his debute lol), he has shown some shaky streaks. Both vs Real Madrid and Tottenham, he had mistakes that lead to goals (which he remedied by scoring lol).

Comes with the territory of being super young in basically the position that requires most experience and gets scrutinised the most.
If your argument is that this has always been his level and that we just used to see a biased sample..then I hope you are wrong. But if you are not, then I am afraid we made a serious mistake wasting this kind of money on such an unfinished/possibly never finished article.

I thought we are buying the Mbappe of defenders.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #1,986
    No different from Rugani imo. 1 okay or good performance followed by a few shaky ones. Good moments here and there but also huge lapses.

The only reason I have higher expectations of him is his Ajax performances and the shit ton of money we spent on him. I think if I only saw his performances with us that season, I'd have never guessed anyone paid that kind of money for him or that last year he was containing the best strikers in the world in the biggest competition.

He might have the performances of a typical promising youngster who needs time to find consistency in his level but thats not what we paid for. We paid record money for him. We paid for Mbappe and got Rashford.
    No different than Rugani? Lmao. Rugani couldn't even dream of having a performance like he did against Atletico.

Some of you guys are too quick to put a label on players. In De Ligt's case, there are a lot of encouraging signs even if he needs more consistency. It's short sighted to give him shit when his talent is obvious and this is just the beginning of his journey at our club. You guys judge on a game to game basis instead of looking at the bigger picture. Be more patient.

By listening to you, you'd think he's finished because of the start of the season he had when it's far from the case.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    He was overpriced and he's overpaid. But it's not his fault that the management decided it was better for us to splurge on a CB than fix our midfield. Now that he's here, he should keep starting and keep playing because he's got the talent to make it. If we can be patient with a 23 year old Bonucci, we sure as hell can be patient with a 20 year old.
    Obviously. Management really wanted him & went all out to sign him. Which is fair enough.
    But based on his performances so far, I am 100% certain that he would be riding the bench right now if he had been a 20 year old Italian kid that we signed for 10 million.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    Blaming De Ligt for Lazio goal :blah:

It was a Pirlesque assistance with an awesome diagonal ran, a better control ball and ended it with a nice shot

He may had made some mistakes before but this wasn't one of them

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Fuck we complain a lot. If barca bought de Ligt we would be bitching that we don't spend on young talent.

News flash...a 20 yr old joined the club and had 2 mins to implement himself into the line up. At least bonucci had barzagli and Chiellini. Pogba had pirlo Marchisio and vidal...de ligt has bonnuci. Lol.

Let this team gel...Let this team get healthy, let's get key injured players back and have a stronger midfield...lets criticise this guy 12 months down the track if he doesnt cut it. But right now...he is not the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)