Mateo Kovačić - CM - Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He is reaching one of his unbearable phases in this transfer high season.
Osman, you were the one complaining the most on how juve lost steel in the midfield with Vidal gone and how this was the biggest miss.
I agree.

Obviously south america isnt black enough for you to watch the Coppa America.
Obviously, you must have missed all the 2014 WC and 2015 Coppa where Mascherano was domminating as a CDM and was MotM every single knockout game.

Obviously, you forgot how you kept complaining about Khedira, and how our midfield really misses a hard player.

This guy is the best defensive midfielder in the world. Shows it every time he can play his position with Argentina. Is a huge leader (we dont have natural leaders in the midfield outside Pogba, but Mascherano is exponentially better and known for it). He's anticipation on tackles and marking, and positional/tactical awareness remains unrivalled.

So what the shit osman ?

We have the best fullback duo in the world. We have the best central defence, and a legend in the goal. Morata, Dybala and Mandzukic are not much less decisive in the championsleague compared to the tridents from Barcelona and Real Madrid when not counting Messi and Ronaldo.

Pogba is the best cm when in decent form. Marchisio is pretty impossible to replace.

Mascherano would make everyone forget who Vidal was. he's the steel your black ass moans and complains about.

So dont come on a high horse about "unbearable phases". Mister "i cannot stop mentionning vidal for HALF THE FUCKING SEASON FOR FUCKS SAKE"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm big fan of Mascheranos qualities. But re-read the post Mike quoted if you and hopefully it sinks in how crazy the hyperbole level is.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm big fan of Mascheranos qualities. But re-read the post Mike quoted if you and hopefully it sinks in how crazy the hyperbole level is.
When we look at our team, and think what can be improved.

goalkeeper : no
central defence : lol no
fullbacks : also no

central midfield : misses experienced natural leader (conte, zidane, nedved,...., pirlo). severely misses domminating hard midfielder that's good at tracking movement and picking up players (deschamps, conte, tacchinardi, davids,arguably emerson, vidal) . Both issues define Mascherano

SS : Dybala could completely go unplayable next year. The available upgrade over dybala is much inferior compared to the midfield upgrade mascherano gives

ST : So, lewandowski is the big guy atm. Mandzukic wont score much less in the league with alves. Morata is at least as clutch in the CL games.

truth is, this current juventus can only receive a significant upgrade in the midfield by a hard leader/controller cdm/cm. Mascherano is the best possible out there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
meh signing, will be disappointing to settle on this after pursuing Pjanic and Gomes.
Kovacic can flat out play. Inter didn't sell him because they wanted to. They sold him because they felt they had to with FFP. Mancini himself was quoted saying that. To me, he is definitely more of a finished product than Gomes, and Kovacic is a full year younger

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Kovacic can flat out play. Inter didn't sell him because they wanted to. They sold him because they felt they had to with FFP. Mancini himself was quoted saying that. To me, he is definitely more of a finished product than Gomes, and Kovacic is a full year younger
:tup:

Will be a top signing. Wanted him for a while, can't wait till his first gol vs Inter :D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No leaders in midfield lol? There's no non-leader in our starting midfield. Khedira, Pogba and especially Marchisio are all leaders in their own way.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No leaders in midfield lol? There's no non-leader in our starting midfield. Khedira, Pogba and especially Marchisio are all leaders in their own way.
Leading quality, meaning decisive quality, just semantics, don't mean exactly being leaders only.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Sign, but no more loans. Pay 25-30 million.

Just when we finish a team, end of loans and buy-back clauses fuck up the conception.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Leading quality, meaning decisive quality, just semantics, don't mean exactly being leaders only.
Don't see that in here...
(we dont have natural leaders in the midfield outside Pogba, but Mascherano is exponentially better and known for it).
And even if meant so, it's out of line. Those three can compete with nearly every midfield in the world quality wise and as far as leadership goes. Marchisio ain't no slouch and Mascherano would probably not even be considered if Il Principino wasn't injured.

Of course Mascherano brings quality and I'd love him here but he's also an impulsive player which can cost you dearly. Just like Hernanes' red card cost us in the Cheampions League eventually...

Kovacic on the other hand is a completely different player and is probably a different discussion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I thought you were replying to me not Zach :) But also a midfield isn't just 2 players, the problem is those they have as their deputies for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)