Mateo Kovačić - CM - Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Kovacic can flat out play. Inter didn't sell him because they wanted to. They sold him because they felt they had to with FFP. Mancini himself was quoted saying that. To me, he is definitely more of a finished product than Gomes, and Kovacic is a full year younger
and conte cried over the sales of matri and giak :touched:

to me, kovacic is still a young prospect. he's one of the brightest talents in midfield in the recent years, he surely has the potential to become a wc regista, but finished product? i guess he needs to find at least the same kind of consistency what coutinho found at liverpool, but we're not liverpool to experiment with players. kovacic would be an ideal 4th cm behind pogba, marchisio and khedira, but with cheesio injured and khedira unable to stay healthy for two afternoons, relying on kovacic would be a liability.

for me, it's pretty simple: if beppe manages to bring a big fish like pjanic or mascherano, kovacic is a great signing. if kovacic is the big fish, i'm disappointed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
and conte cried over the sales of matri and giak :touched:

to me, kovacic is still a young prospect. he's one of the brightest talents in midfield in the recent years, he surely has the potential to become a wc regista, but finished product? i guess he needs to find at least the same kind of consistency what coutinho found at liverpool, but we're not liverpool to experiment with players. kovacic would be an ideal 4th cm behind pogba, marchisio and khedira, but with cheesio injured and khedira unable to stay healthy for two afternoons, relying on kovacic would be a liability.

for me, it's pretty simple: if beppe manages to bring a big fish like pjanic or mascherano, kovacic is a great signing. if kovacic is the big fish, i'm disappointed.
I am saying he is more of a finished product than Gomes, not in general

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No leaders in midfield lol? There's no non-leader in our starting midfield. Khedira, Pogba and especially Marchisio are all leaders in their own way.
They are 3 players who can carry the team with their performance. And Pogba is a natural leader and has potential.
However, none of them are actually big leaders on the field. They dont nearly command the same level of authority on the field, nor do they direct our play and movement from the midfield.

- Marchisio works extremely much, selflessly and assists those around him, but he doesnt order them. He controls the passing a bit but doesnt dictate it. Allegri calls for the flow of the game to change.
- Khedira again is a player who will perfectly do what the coach asks. But he's no leader on the field in terms of influencing others.
- Pogba has natural leadership, but needs to build on that. He's not nearly there yet.

Mascherano is described by current argentina coach, and previous ones, as 'having a seconc coach on the field'. He'll order the players and adjust them. He'll spur them on and be very visible in going forward.

Don't see that in here...

And even if meant so, it's out of line. Those three can compete with nearly every midfield in the world quality wise and as far as leadership goes. Marchisio ain't no slouch and Mascherano would probably not even be considered if Il Principino wasn't injured.

Of course Mascherano brings quality and I'd love him here but he's also an impulsive player which can cost you dearly. Just like Hernanes' red card cost us in the Cheampions League eventually...

Kovacic on the other hand is a completely different player and is probably a different discussion.
no
Leading quality, meaning decisive quality, just semantics, don't mean exactly being leaders only.
Osman gets it

- - - Updated - - -

Lionel Messi :

With Messi out injured, Mascherano assumed the captaincy for Argentina's opening World Cup qualifier defeat at home to Ecuador - with arguably the world's best player admitting he often relies on the defender to orchestrate the side.
'Masche knows how to handle each situation. He is a very positive leader,' he said.
'At the World Cup in Brazil I had the armband, but he was by my side the whole time, fixing each error.
'

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That's all just babbling. Marchisio is a fantastic leader and he leads the line in termq of example and on-field coaching. Our game is influenced immensely if he's not there. The same goes for Khedira. Clear for everyone to see. And that's not taking credit away from Mascherano.

Also if there's one of those 3 I wouldn't describe as a leader; it's Pogba. He's always struggling and showing his frustrated reactions if he misses a move or pass.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Completely wrong.going by that statement, C Ronaldo is the biggest leqder, cause the play changes dramatically when he's in the game. Just his presence.

Im talking about leadership. Vocsl plauers who correct mistskes and continiously instruct others around them. Visuak players who are the last to go down.

I take you didnt watch our CL games. Pogba is the last to go down when he found form. Very visual driving force. Vocal but needs to cut out said bitching.

Buffon is a leader. Defenders WILL know when they fuck up. Hell correct them all the time. Immense impact. We lack this in midfield

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Completely wrong.going by that statement, C Ronaldo is the biggest leqder, cause the play changes dramatically when he's in the game. Just his presence.

Im talking about leadership. Vocsl plauers who correct mistskes and continiously instruct others around them. Visuak players who are the last to go down.

I take you didnt watch our CL games. Pogba is the last to go down when he found form. Very visual driving force. Vocal but needs to cut out said bitching.

Buffon is a leader. Defenders WILL know when they fuck up. Hell correct them all the time. Immense impact. We lack this in midfield
Complete nonsense, being a leader has nothing to do with being vocal or correcting player mid-game, that's a leadership style not the definition of it.

Marchisio is the first player on our team that goes to talk to the judge every single time when our team needs to, he is the first to pull players away from the judge before they say something stupid or get into a fight with an opposing player, that's leadership. And you can see that our players let him.

You can also see for example how he points out to our players who to cover in defensive transition when we loose the ball, a really underrated element to his game.

He dosent make a point to "correct" players, dosent take away anything form his leadership abilities.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
What @Tomice said really. Leadership is not about being the best. It helps of course, but it's not what it's about. And if someone is correcting and setting out lines for others in midfield it was Pirlo before and now it's Marchisio. Pogba and Vidal are great, but no leaders. And Ronaldo sure as hell ain't one, that egoistical twat only cares about personal glory.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Complete nonsense, being a leader has nothing to do with being vocal or correcting player mid-game, that's a leadership style not the definition of it.

Marchisio is the first player on our team that goes to talk to the judge every single time when our team needs to, he is the first to pull players away from the judge before they say something stupid or get into a fight with an opposing player, that's leadership. And you can see that our players let him.

You can also see for example how he points out to our players who to cover in defensive transition when we loose the ball, a really underrated element to his game.

He dosent make a point to "correct" players, dosent take away anything form his leadership abilities.
This.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hey, if Valencia want to start a bidding war for Gomes, it's their right, but they can fuck right off. If we can't get Gomes or Pjanic, there are far worse options than a very talented Kovacic.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No idea, but yesterday you agreed with someone when they said "meh" about this potential transfer
I still feel "meh" about the transfer. Just because I posted a vid of him doesn't change my opinion. Also, my question doesn't mean I changed my opinion either.

The question was for my own amusement that if we got him on loan this year and seeing as how Inter wasted away the 40 whatever million they got for him is sort of satisfying.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I still feel "meh" about the transfer. Just because I posted a vid of him doesn't change my opinion. Also, my question doesn't mean I changed my opinion either.

The question was for my own amusement that if we got him on loan this year and seeing as how Inter wasted away the 40 whatever million they got for him is sort of satisfying.
This kid is extremely talented, and would be a steal for us if we got him. They made a massive mistake when they sold him and bought Kondogbia

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This kid is extremely talented, and would be a steal for us if we got him. They made a massive mistake when they sold him and bought Kondogbia
You could just ask me why I'm meh. :D

---

Marchisio is injured and Khedira is often injured so two leaders are going to be missing quite a bit next year so I was hoping to maybe get a more finished product to help out. If that issue was non-existent I'd be all in. I'm holding out for Mascherano as that "finished product" and "eclectic" player Beppe keeps talking about but you won't hear me complain once about him because its not like I don't think he isn't talented but when we had rumors of Pjanic or Masch it is sorta a downer to me, that's all.

But if the Beppe & Paratici duo want him then who am I to question it?

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a steal but Real will want something out of it and there are only 2-3 players they want their hands on so we need to be careful dealing with them at the moment IMO.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You could just ask me why I'm meh. :D

---

Marchisio is injured and Khedira is often injured so two leaders are going to be missing quite a bit next year so I was hoping to maybe get a more finished product to help out. If that issue was non-existent I'd be all in. I'm holding out for Mascherano as that "finished product" and "eclectic" player Beppe keeps talking about but you won't hear me complain once about him because its not like I don't think he isn't talented but when we had rumors of Pjanic or Masch it is sorta a downer to me, that's all.

But if the Beppe & Paratici duo want him then who am I to question it?
There are leaders on other parts of the pitch. I'm not worried about a perceived lack of leadership in midfield. I just want talent, and if that means that Lemina and Kovacic are those who step in for the aforementioned Marchisio and Khedira, then I am all for that. 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Zidane has a habit, so far in his coaching career, of sticking with basically the same XI week in , week out, so Kovacic didn't play as much. I think he would definitely get more playing time here, and sooner.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
No idea, but yesterday you agreed with someone when they said "meh" about this potential transfer
And I still stand by my statement. This would be a really good transfer on top of a Pjanic/Mascherano/Gomes transfer, but not as sole re-enforcement for our mid.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And I still stand by my statement. This would be a really good transfer on top of a Pjanic/Mascherano/Gomes transfer, but not as sole re-enforcement for our mid.
Shouldn't the opinion of the transfer be solely based upon your valuation of that particular player, and not if we get other midfielders? Does getting Mascherano suddenly mean that Kovacic is a better player, or conversely he is worse if we don't get Mascherano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)