out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
in what world is 6 matches played and only 2 wins an acceptable result from a coach that costs 18m per season?

forget performance for a second. we don't even have a 50% win ratio
The standard has gone way downhill.
Goalposts are moved. Now it's not that bad a start of season with 2 wins and 3 draws, only 4 pts from first place, disregarding the fact that on this form we are in for a 66-67 points overall.
Now, a loss to PSG is a good result if it's only a one goal loss.
Our standards have really gone down, aren't they?
Embrace JJ.

juve_juve_juve

Oct 17, 2005
So winning Scudetti and Coppa's for fun, and having a couple of great campaigns in the CL with nowhere near the best team in Europe is shit to you? Maybe you need to reset expectations then. Today, we played against one of the strongest teams in Europe and despite them having better players on literally every position, we kept the game tight, regrouped in the second half, and almost got away with a point. To me, that is a big positive (especially this early in the season) that I hope we carry forward in the next couple of weeks.

Look, I don't know what your expectations are, and depending on our results against Benfica/in Serie A we may not continue with Allegri after this season, but if you think another coach can come in and make this team CL contenders (without significantly improving the squad) you are highly delusional.
Look, we won a Scudetto with Sarri, and then a complete amateur like Pirlo won a coppa.

We got rid of them both, I don't disagree with the decision to get rid of the Neapolitan chain smoker, I do however would've preferred to stick with Pirlo rather than regressing back to Allegri...

It doesn't really take a footballing genius and revolutionary to dominate Italian football at the time when conte and Allegri did it with us, just like it also expected for the likes of Bayern and PSG to dominate their respective countries competitions nowdays...

But, unlike many here I don't expect us to dominate Italian football forever, I don't expect us to nor I actually want for us to win the next 1000 Scudetti in the next 1000 years, that's unrealistic and would actually diminish everything that make competitive sports worth it being competitive sports that they ought to be.

However, in my 25 years or so of being a fan of this club, I never found this team to be as entertaining as other top teams when they're actually playing and dominating matches with an aura of swagger or something like that behind them on their respective era...

SAF United at some point in their dominance could go down 3-0 at the half time only to soar back and demolish their opponent 5-0 in the 2nd half... When they're firing on their cylinders they would score loads of goals in an almost automated fashion...

Same thing with Galaticos Madrid, peak Bayern, Guardiola's Barca or even Wenger's peak Arsenal...

For those teams, beating opponents 5-0 run through their veins, they breathed those kind of dominance.

Juventus on the other hand almost never does that, in fact the culture here is allergic to that, perhaps simply out of spite and because we're an Italian club.

But don't BS me with tradition etc, such a loser and outdated mentality, traditionally clubs like City, PSG, Chelsea were "nobodies", should they stayed the same forever? Of course "those in powers" usually feel that way, it's only natural, but it doesn't stop them from trying (to change and uplift their status) anyway... That's also why I loathed Agnelli for belittling Atalanta presence in the CL, he possibly would've belittled Leicester's achievement too...

So, after 9 consecutive Scudetti, I don't mind us not winning for a while, I do however want us to actually start playing modern football like all other great teams usually do, not the BS 1-0 heroic Italian cattenaccio victories that somehow run in the vein of this club for so long and has become outdated in the eyes of the sports followers in general...

Fuck Agnelli for not having the balls to go through with the painful process of moving forward, we should've not regressed back to being with Allegri with his jurassic-ball philosophy. No matter how you spin it, there's no reason why this team can't even control the matches and crush the oppositions against serie b level teams like Sampdoria, Venezia etc

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Look, we won a Scudetto with Sarri, and then a complete amateur like Pirlo won a coppa.

We got rid of them both, I don't disagree with the decision to get rid of the Neapolitan chain smoker, I do however would've preferred to stick with Pirlo rather than regressing back to Allegri...

It doesn't really take a footballing genius and revolutionary to dominate Italian football at the time when conte and Allegri did it with us, just like it also expected for the likes of Bayern and PSG to dominate their respective countries competitions nowdays...

But, unlike many here I don't expect us to dominate Italian football forever, I don't expect us to nor I actually want for us to win the next 1000 Scudetti in the next 1000 years, that's unrealistic and would actually diminish everything that make competitive sports worth it being competitive sports that they ought to be.

However, in my 25 years or so of being a fan of this club, I never found this team to be as entertaining as other top teams when they're actually playing and dominating matches with an aura of swagger or something like that behind them on their respective era...

SAF United at some point in their dominance could go down 3-0 at the half time only to soar back and demolish their opponent 5-0 in the 2nd half... When they're firing on their cylinders they would score loads of goals in an almost automated fashion...

Same thing with Galaticos Madrid, peak Bayern, Guardiola's Barca or even Wenger's peak Arsenal...

For those teams, beating opponents 5-0 run through their veins, they breathed those kind of dominance.

Juventus on the other hand almost never does that, in fact the culture here is allergic to that, perhaps simply out of spite and because we're an Italian club.

But don't BS me with tradition etc, such a loser and outdated mentality, traditionally clubs like City, PSG, Chelsea were "nobodies", should they stayed the same forever? Of course "those in powers" usually feel that way, it's only natural, but it doesn't stop them from trying (to change and uplift their status) anyway... That's also why I loathed Agnelli for belittling Atalanta presence in the CL, he possibly would've belittled Leicester's achievement too...

So, after 9 consecutive Scudetti, I don't mind us not winning for a while, I do however want us to actually start playing modern football like all other great teams usually do, not the BS 1-0 heroic Italian cattenaccio victories that somehow run in the vein of this club for so long and has become outdated in the eyes of the sports followers in general...

Fuck Agnelli for not having the balls to go through with the painful process of moving forward, we should've not regressed back to being with Allegri with his jurassic-ball philosophy. No matter how you spin it, there's no reason why this team can't even control the matches and crush the oppositions against serie b level teams like Sampdoria, Venezia etc
Very good point that the club as a whole need to revolutionize how they play football. This is 2022 and not 90's or 80's. Personally I don't even ask flashy football like City, I just want our players to be able to pass fluidly, be active and be brave. Our football now is just so static and passive.
But if we say like this some would say and calling "you shouldn't be a Juve fan in the first place" that Juve has alwasy been a defensive team and 1-0 is the best result in football

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I couldn't care less how we play as long as it brings good and sustainable results.

But let's be realistic; Allegri won't open the attacking floodgates this season before Pogba and Chiesa are back.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

There is not a single automated move in this team, let alone automated goal-scoring. Been this way since forever :(

It's all shitty improv, every single move takes a second too long here because the players actually have to stop, look, think and only then do :sergio:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I couldn't care less how we play as long as it brings good and sustainable results.

But let's be realistic; Allegri won't open the attacking floodgates this season before Pogba and Chiesa are back.
my guy two things:

chiesa and pogba are done as professional footballers. which footballers missed fist half of season and had amazing second half of seasons?

allegri had ronaldo all time CL goal scorer and played ultra defensive football

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Too strong to tell you I was Sorri
Too proud to tell you I was wrong
I know that I was blind, and darlin'

If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those Thesis that have hurt you
And you'd stay
If I could reach the stars
I'd give 'em all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do, ohh

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
my guy two things:

chiesa and pogba are done as professional footballers. which footballers missed fist half of season and had amazing second half of seasons?

allegri had ronaldo all time CL goal scorer and played ultra defensive football
Can't like with a :yawn:

The season Allegri actually had Ronaldo we played ugly, certainly not ultra defensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 41, Guests: 344)