out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s pretty much how I feel today.
I’m disappointed that this team can’t put 90 minutes together. We were clearly playing a team with far superior talent today, even more so given our injured players missing… but seeing that second half performance gives hope, as did the first 60 minutes against Roma, and the last 70-ish minutes against Sassuolo. But every single match we seem to have a really awful period, anywhere from 15-45 minutes that just kills so many good performances. It definitely puts a dent in the hope the good periods inspire. It’s been pretty much 4 years like this now.

We have 3 matches that are must wins now. 2 of them should really be easy wins. I’d like to see a 90 minute performance or two. If we can’t put 90 minutes together in any of them I don’t have much faith things will change this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He actually went for tactics today and got raped. 3 CBs and asking Bremer and Danilo to come out of the line to follow Mbappe and Messi in those half spaces. And he's asking Bonucci to sweep up in the case of 1-2's. Completely retarded.

Bremer was fucking lost all match trying to step into midfield to mark Mbappe. What a fucking disaster. The game was killed in 20 minutes.

Not to mention subbing Juan for MDS. At least keep Juan and Kostic and put the twin towers up there with McKennie for maximum cross spamming. Can't even do the braindead 2nd division Scottish tactics right.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I get that people don't like Allegri but at least be objective. We had 2 excellent chances in particular with Vlahovic and Milik headers. We also had another dangerous chance where Locatelli couldn't get the ball out of his feet in the 6 yard box.

A draw would have been more than we deserved but there is no need to pretend that we didn't create anything.
Im not seeing the chances we created, there was 1 header from Vlahovic of note and that chance where Locatelli should have got a penalty but that was it. PSG had 4/5 clear cut opportunities that were 1 on 1s and we were again outplayed

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I'm never his hater. In fact it's a praise for EuroMax for inventing conserve energy. Now other European teams following suit.
What an eco-friendly coach
Just accept your defeat. This was a win for Allegri and his disciples.

But now it will get really interesting. Season is officially starting tomorrow. The games so far were pre-season and warmups to confuse the opponents. Switch will be flipped and the tactics flowing from here on.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Im not seeing the chances we created, there was 1 header from Vlahovic of note and that chance where Locatelli should have got a penalty but that was it. PSG had 4/5 clear cut opportunities that were 1 on 1s and we were again outplayed
Donnarumma made 2 very good saves on Milik and Vlahovic. Milik probably should have scored but put it too central. Locatelli's was a good opportunity. That's 3 chances, plus a goal we scored.

PSG had the better chances but I wouldn't say any of the saves Perin needed to make were particularly difficult.

As I said, PSG deserved the win but its not like we created nothing. We had better chances today than against Fiorentina.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
in what world is 6 matches played and only 2 wins an acceptable result from a coach that costs 18m per season?

forget performance for a second. we don't even have a 50% win ratio
Better miss the game like you. But you still watch that misery

With some glimmer of hope, but hope without fight and mentality we will see more matches like this, healthy loss as they say

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
This 18 month spell reaffirms my belief about him as a coach.
He has a relaxed approach that he likes to transmit to the team and his strengths are: organise the team out of possession, preparing for one off games tactically and reading a game in transition and adapting to it.

His flaws are that he struggles to motivate or inspire his players and he doesn’t appear to have an offensive game plan, coach the team on patterns of play in possession and off the ball movement - particularly in the final third.
These flaws were masked in his first stint by having a number of self-driven, hungry and confident players in the team and a reliance on the individual brilliance of players to create and regularly score goals out of nothing or half chances.
He no longer has those things in this group of players and those flaws are becoming more evident.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He actually went for tactics today and got raped. 3 CBs and asking Bremer and Danilo to come out of the line to follow Mbappe and Messi in those half spaces. And he's asking Bonucci to sweep up in the case of 1-2's. Completely retarded.

Bremer was fucking lost all match trying to step into midfield to mark Mbappe. What a fucking disaster. The game was killed in 20 minutes.

Not to mention subbing Juan for MDS. At least keep Juan and Kostic and put the twin towers up there with McKennie for maximum cross spamming. Can't even do the braindead 2nd division Scottish tactics right.
Scottish second div players aren't as versatile as milik the fantasista and big Mac cut inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 279)