out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The ability of this forum to turn absolutely everything into an Allegri discussion is astonishing. Similar to another forum, but into Messi-Ronaldo discussion

Chelsea is in a completely different situation to us. Yes, Tuchel won the CL, but they were in absolute win now mode, we're not. They spent 400m in two summers since he won the CL and he hasn't even sniffed the EPL title while playing equally disgusting football as Allegri does with far better players.

Around here 62m net spend in two summers is huge for Allegri apparently. That includes 60m for Chiesa and McK options/obligations to buy so it's actually 2m net spend. Truly comparable situations :shifty:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Ooh, that's the reason we shackled Barca 0-3 etc. That statement is so wrong. We were bad, boring and incapable but def not ultra defensive.
Maybe (definitely) the latter part of that season, but until December we were just fantastic in every aspect. Injuries to Cancelo, Cuadrado, Mario ruined us.

First 27 games in Serie A that year we were at 24W 3D 0L - 75/81 pts - 2.18 goals per game, 0.6 conceded. We were absolutely toying with teams, on course for well over 100 points, but after Ajax everything fell apart

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The ability of this forum to turn absolutely everything into an Allegri discussion is astonishing. Similar to another forum, but into Messi-Ronaldo discussion

Chelsea is in a completely different situation to us. Yes, Tuchel won the CL, but they were in absolute win now mode, we're not. They spent 400m in two summers since he won the CL and he hasn't even sniffed the EPL title while playing equally disgusting football as Allegri does with far better players.

Around here 62m net spend in two summers is huge for Allegri apparently. That includes 60m for Chiesa and McK options/obligations to buy so it's actually 2m net spend. Truly comparable situations :shifty:
For Serie A level it is. This league is full of broke ass clubs. Only deluded Allegri nuthuggers like you think we don't have the resources to outspend the rest of the league. Our wage bill is way higher than any Serie A club

None of Milan, Inter or Napoli can afford to have players like Pogba, Paredes, Vlahovic, Chiesa, Bremer on their roster. Three of these players were the among the best players in the league when we signed them.

We have similar expectations to Chelsea except that they play in the PL and we play in a financially handicapped league with us being the most financially equipped out of any club!!

No one here even believes for a second this team can compete in Europe with the best teams. Even the hardcore Allegri haters understand that.

We are getting outplayed and embarrassed by minions in Serie A but according to you Allegri is 'building a winning culture' by not trying to lose.

Actually, even the hardcore throaters like you deserve a ban from this thread for writing stupid stuff like that which is completely insulting to the club.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
For Serie A level it is. This league is full of broke ass clubs. Only deluded Allegri nuthuggers like you think we don't have the resources to outspend the rest of the league. Our wage bill is way higher than any Serie A club

None of Milan, Inter or Napoli can afford to have players like Pogba, Paredes, Vlahovic, Chiesa, Bremer on their roster. Three of these players were the among the best players in the league when we signed them.

We have similar expectations to Chelsea except that they play in the PL and we play in a financially handicapped league with us being the most financially equipped out of any club!!

No one here even believes for a second this team can compete in Europe with the best teams. Even the hardcore Allegri haters understand that.

We are getting outplayed and embarrassed by minions in Serie A but according to you Allegri is 'building a winning culture' by not trying to lose.

Actually, even the hardcore throaters like you deserve a ban from this thread for writing stupid stuff like that which is completely insulting to the club.
Talk about delusion

Having the resources and spending them in a smart way are completely different things. I never said club doesn't have the resources, but quoting player salaries as some indication of quality is ridiculously bad, even for you.

What's worse - you who insult Pogba and think of him as a finished player and you who bitched all mercato and laughed at players signed - now using those same players as a point against Max. One of them just got here, two of them didn't touch the pitch yet and the other two are doing very well.

Last time I checked Fiorentina were neither minions or an easy opponent when we were the strongest, let alone now. Nobody else 'outplayed' us, we struggled in some games, but that is normal at this stage.

Why does your kind like to talk about throating so much? Do you do it on a daily basis and wish to have me in some kind of cult? Why do you think you have a higher moral ground than me in this discussion and why can't you handle facts (budget numbers) and why do you have an aneurysm when someone is slightly optimistic in support of his team, coach, players?

The part about having similar goals as Chelsea...man

Anything as a away to put more shit on Max if he doesn't succeed

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Look, we won a Scudetto with Sarri, and then a complete amateur like Pirlo won a coppa.

We got rid of them both, I don't disagree with the decision to get rid of the Neapolitan chain smoker, I do however would've preferred to stick with Pirlo rather than regressing back to Allegri...

It doesn't really take a footballing genius and revolutionary to dominate Italian football at the time when conte and Allegri did it with us, just like it also expected for the likes of Bayern and PSG to dominate their respective countries competitions nowdays...

But, unlike many here I don't expect us to dominate Italian football forever, I don't expect us to nor I actually want for us to win the next 1000 Scudetti in the next 1000 years, that's unrealistic and would actually diminish everything that make competitive sports worth it being competitive sports that they ought to be.

However, in my 25 years or so of being a fan of this club, I never found this team to be as entertaining as other top teams when they're actually playing and dominating matches with an aura of swagger or something like that behind them on their respective era...

SAF United at some point in their dominance could go down 3-0 at the half time only to soar back and demolish their opponent 5-0 in the 2nd half... When they're firing on their cylinders they would score loads of goals in an almost automated fashion...

Same thing with Galaticos Madrid, peak Bayern, Guardiola's Barca or even Wenger's peak Arsenal...

For those teams, beating opponents 5-0 run through their veins, they breathed those kind of dominance.

Juventus on the other hand almost never does that, in fact the culture here is allergic to that, perhaps simply out of spite and because we're an Italian club.

But don't BS me with tradition etc, such a loser and outdated mentality, traditionally clubs like City, PSG, Chelsea were "nobodies", should they stayed the same forever? Of course "those in powers" usually feel that way, it's only natural, but it doesn't stop them from trying (to change and uplift their status) anyway... That's also why I loathed Agnelli for belittling Atalanta presence in the CL, he possibly would've belittled Leicester's achievement too...

So, after 9 consecutive Scudetti, I don't mind us not winning for a while, I do however want us to actually start playing modern football like all other great teams usually do, not the BS 1-0 heroic Italian cattenaccio victories that somehow run in the vein of this club for so long and has become outdated in the eyes of the sports followers in general...

Fuck Agnelli for not having the balls to go through with the painful process of moving forward, we should've not regressed back to being with Allegri with his jurassic-ball philosophy. No matter how you spin it, there's no reason why this team can't even control the matches and crush the oppositions against serie b level teams like Sampdoria, Venezia etc
1997- 2022, exactly 25 years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_UEFA_Super_Cup

We beat PSG in uefa super cup by 9-2 aggregate

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Very good point that the club as a whole need to revolutionize how they play football. This is 2022 and not 90's or 80's. Personally I don't even ask flashy football like City, I just want our players to be able to pass fluidly, be active and be brave. Our football now is just so static and passive.
But if we say like this some would say and calling "you shouldn't be a Juve fan in the first place" that Juve has alwasy been a defensive team and 1-0 is the best result in football
This is Atalanta from the 2 years ago

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"I am not an obsessive manager. I really like football, it's my passion, but I try to run things as simply as possible. To me, football is not complicated, it's simple. So is the strategy of the games, it shouldn't complicate things. Because there's two aspects: defence and attack. Attacking is more about creativity, and defending is more about organization. I believe I can give more to the players in the defensive aspect than in the offensive aspect. I can organize them to defend well, but the attacking aspect is about talent and creativity and I don't want to get in the way of that talent. Am I supposed to tell Kean how to move inside the box, train certain movements with him? No, he doesn't need that. The passes that Rabiot pulls out of nowhere: do you think I ever tell him "pass the ball like this, if this player moves here you do that? No, that's all him."

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
"I am not an obsessive manager. I really like football, it's my passion, but I try to run things as simply as possible. To me, football is not complicated, it's simple. So is the strategy of the games, it shouldn't complicate things. Because there's two aspects: defence and attack. Attacking is more about creativity, and defending is more about organization. I believe I can give more to the players in the defensive aspect than in the offensive aspect. I can organize them to defend well, but the attacking aspect is about talent and creativity and I don't want to get in the way of that talent. Am I supposed to tell Kean how to move inside the box, train certain movements with him? No, he doesn't need that. The passes that Rabiot pulls out of nowhere: do you think I ever tell him "pass the ball like this, if this player moves here you do that? No, that's all him."
jesus fuck

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
shocking :rofl:

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Well that explain everything.
Thanks for coming out with honest statements Mister

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 322)