out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
"I am not an obsessive manager. I really like football, it's my passion, but I try to run things as simply as possible. To me, football is not complicated, it's simple. So is the strategy of the games, it shouldn't complicate things. Because there's two aspects: defence and attack. Attacking is more about creativity, and defending is more about organization. I believe I can give more to the players in the defensive aspect than in the offensive aspect. I can organize them to defend well, but the attacking aspect is about talent and creativity and I don't want to get in the way of that talent. Am I supposed to tell Kean how to move inside the box, train certain movements with him? No, he doesn't need that. The passes that Rabiot pulls out of nowhere: do you think I ever tell him "pass the ball like this, if this player moves here you do that? No, that's all him."
So he is confirming he has no idea how to develope an attacking system or coach creative players.

We basically have half a manager. No wonder we are so lost up front.

We should just pay him half his wages and sign another coach to train the the players at the top half of the pitch.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Counterattack goals only count as 0.75 of normal goals, really we only won 2.25-0.
counter attacks are not a good strategy in modern football and you will lose 9 out of 10 times guaranteed. Notice I said strategy and not tactic, at Allegri's Juve it is a strategy, and as we can see a losing strategy.
A reactive team will lose to a proactive one 9 out of 10 times.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
So he is confirming he has no idea how to develope an attacking system or coach creative players.

We basically have half a manager. No wonder we are so lost up front.

We should just pay him half his wages and sign another coach to train the the players at the top half of the pitch.
So can we safely say now that he rode his luck in his 1st stint with that amazing MVPP midfield? Or will it still trigger the throaters to suck his dick even more?
Let the games begin

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
"I am not an obsessive manager. I really like football, it's my passion, but I try to run things as simply as possible. To me, football is not complicated, it's simple. So is the strategy of the games, it shouldn't complicate things. Because there's two aspects: defence and attack. Attacking is more about creativity, and defending is more about organization. I believe I can give more to the players in the defensive aspect than in the offensive aspect. I can organize them to defend well, but the attacking aspect is about talent and creativity and I don't want to get in the way of that talent. Am I supposed to tell Kean how to move inside the box, train certain movements with him? No, he doesn't need that. The passes that Rabiot pulls out of nowhere: do you think I ever tell him "pass the ball like this, if this player moves here you do that? No, that's all him."
This is not new, he’s always said this

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't completely disagree with that quote and that's why I always felt Allegri was a bit ahead of Conte. Because Conte will raise the level of players with no creativity by giving them rigid instructions but a talented player might need more freedom.

However, this is not football of 5 years ago. You have to instruct your players how to transition into attack. Allegri is coaching like the good ol' days when we would literally, literally WALK the ball out of defence and setup our attack with Bonucci and Pirlo. Those days are so fucking far gone, it's another sport.

Our players need actual coaching on how to transition against pressing. And if we can't generate chances that way, then we have to find other ways to score goals. We have to then try to score by pressing our opponent ourselves. Creating turnovers high up the pitch.

He is literally copy/pasting from 5 years ago but the game is totally different. So yes, maybe in the very, very final 3rd of the pitch, you want them to be free. But everywhere else they need movements.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri:"In Italy, everyone has become a theorist of football and that is a real problem, like you reading your books and sitting as an expert on tv.
Now you shut up and I’ll talk, you don’t know anything about football."
“You just sit there behind the desk, you read your books, but you don’t know anything about the practicality of the sport. I’ve won six Scudetti."

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
oh sh*t, is this nba, nfl? so we need offensive and defensive assistant coaches?

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Based on his confrontation with conte… lol
He won champions league with Chelsea on his first season and they played really nice football
As well brought psg for the first time to cl final…
Alot of players left chelsea this summer…
1: fluke win and given to him because of Pep overthinking and bottling

2: bare minimum expectations tbh : they use more money than some African countries entire GNP :

and we all know by now that money = success. Do not question this supreme argument

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
1. Being German
2. Being charismatic
3. Flapping around on the touchline
4. Not being Allegri
britbong inferiority complex in full force :touched:

5. CL winning couch

When will tuzzers learn that results are the only relevant measure?

I despise Tuchel on a personal level, his scummy ways and how dishonest he is with players. Max is the opposite of that and I love his personality but he can't be JJ couch because he brings no results.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
my guy two things:

chiesa and pogba are done as professional footballers. which footballers missed fist half of season and had amazing second half of seasons?

allegri had ronaldo all time CL goal scorer and played ultra defensive football
Good sir I hope you know I'm going to have to tag you each time he gets a goal or an assist once he comes back until one of the three of us dies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Is this a real QUOTE?
If it this, then we know who is to blame.
Someone tell him that kean is at most a decent player, almost jabroni that does need to be told where to stay, how to move etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 185)