out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Also folks underestimate how weak the other teams are. Even last year towards the end there was a period where we weren't that far off. We can be the least bad amongst a shitty bunch
How tf have you become somewhat an Allegri apologist and optimist for this season and I’m here tearing my hair out and wanting to blow everything up with this team :lol:

As the great Michael Scott said…Oh how the turn tables…

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You must of missed Sasuolo's 3 big chances or Sampdoria's 2 big chances.
Perin would have been man of the match if not for di Maria's master class against Sasuolo.
But that's as far as this defense and luck gets you.
Roma was the first decent opponent and we almost lost, from the few times they became incisive.
I didn't miss them. There will always be chances for opposition teams but so far our defence is simply doing a good job. Yes, we didn't face any great teams yet but we still only conceded off a fucking corner kick; that's not a problem pure of the defence. There's 11 guys defending that ball...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
With Allegri so hell bent on playing systems with a regista, I really wonder what went wrong between him and Pirlo at Milan? Man is the reason the role even exists.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
With Allegri so hell bent on playing systems with a regista, I really wonder what went wrong between him and Pirlo at Milan? Man is the reason the role even exists.
According to the analysis video you posted, Allegri does not play with a system at all. Sarri and Pirlo do. :lol2:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How tf have you become somewhat an Allegri apologist and optimist for this season and I’m here tearing my hair out and wanting to blow everything up with this team :lol:

As the great Michael Scott said…Oh how the turn tables…
Haha don't get me wrong. I don't think he is anything special and I hate his idea of football. I would be beyond surprised if we ever play dominant attacking football under him. But sluggish football that grinds results against worse opponents in Serie A is achievable.

He failed miserably last year but now has a new group to try with. I never wanted him rehired and after we saw no improvement last season I was praying he gets sacked and someone else does the rebuild.

But since he is here and this is a new group I think its nonsensical to sack him so quickly. We are in it now let him try to get some ugly results with the new people. If by December that ugly winning football is nowhere to be seen and we are left with only the ugliness then I'll be praying for his sacking just like before

The bar is so low now in Serie A, he might achieve it. And if he does then I'd still want him gone at end of season and usher someone new because I hate his idea of football and I think we deserve better

Last edited:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Pirlo had his fair share of fitness problems/ injuries that season. The rest was seriously blown out of proportion...
I was reading up on it a bit since my mind does not stretch that far back on non-Juve affairs. 4 month layoff is pretty long but I’m still surprised that he wasn’t reintegrated solidly. That Milan wasn’t great either…

Hopefully the same doesn’t become of Chiesa, Allegri didn’t seem to fully ‘get’ him last season. But given the amount that he mentions him in pressers hopefully he’s a nailed on cert when he’s back and match fit.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying that you did nor holding you responsible for its content. My whole issue is with the video itself, the guy presenting it and his bias. You're good in my books:dule:
Xpts/Xgoals are indeed stupid to base everything on. And yeah, you only have to look at the football shirts behind him to see that they are those sort of football ‘purists’.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
lol nah

They are teams we have to beat. I expect us to beat them convincingly and start gaining confidence back after the last couple seasons. We dropped points against a ton of minnows the last couple years. It’s time to fix that and start winning. Win those 3 plus Bologna and put in a good performance against Viola whatever the result is, and this team will start to gain some form and confidence that we never did last year.
We barely beat anyone convincingly last year and were often outplayed by even the bottom 3. I haven’t seen much change yet this season so I’m not optimistic and we still have the same man in charge. It has only been 3 games though, so we’ll wait and see.

So far we’ve played against one mediocre side this season so far and were utterly abysmal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Pirlo had his fair share of fitness problems/ injuries that season. The rest was seriously blown out of proportion...
Hard to know for sure. But letting him go for free knowing this is one of the greatest players of all time does suggest he genuinely believed they don't need him let alone that juve getting him is not a problem (I.e he is finished) Or Galliani believed it and he adapted without much of a fight.

That might actually be Allegris greatest contribution to Juve. Pirlo was a gift from the gods. Rabiot is repentance

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hard to know for sure. But letting him go for free knowing this is one of the greatest players of all time does suggest he genuinely believed they don't need him let alone that juve getting him is not a problem (I.e he is finished) Or Galliani believed it and he adapted without much of a fight.

That might actually be Allegris greatest contribution to Juve. Pirlo was a gift from the gods. Rabiot is repentance
Allegri was coach, not sporting director. So if anything it's far from his lone decision.

All I know is Allegri used Pirlo brilliantly at Milan and at Juve except for that season. Were it fitness doubts or not, one thing is for sure; He'll never get another regista as good as Pirlo and he knows it.

Pirlo was THE biggest reason for our resurrection imo and that's without minimalising Conte and Marotta's great work.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That Pirlo story is so old. He was injured all season, came back in the spring when Milan was playing great, Van Bommel was great in his position and they won the title. Ofc he wasn't going to jump right back in.

Then Milan didn't want to give him a 3 year extension and Juve had nothing to lose.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That Pirlo story is so old. He was injured all season, came back in the spring when Milan was playing great, Van Bommel was great in his position and they won the title. Ofc he wasn't going to jump right back in.

Then Milan didn't want to give him a 3 year extension and Juve had nothing to lose.
Its so simple yet people still claim Allegri chased him out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 46, Guests: 258)