out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Allegri was coach, not sporting director. So if anything it's far from his lone decision.

All I know is Allegri used Pirlo brilliantly at Milan and at Juve except for that season. Were it fitness doubts or not, one thing is for sure; He'll never get another regista as good as Pirlo and he knows it.

Pirlo was THE biggest reason for our resurrection imo and that's without minimalising Conte and Marotta's great work.
:agree:

In Pirlo’s own book he blames Galliani for leaving - not Allegri.

They gave him a pen as a going away present and let’s say he wasn’t impressed :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
That Pirlo story is so old. He was injured all season, came back in the spring when Milan was playing great, Van Bommel was great in his position and they won the title. Ofc he wasn't going to jump right back in.

Then Milan didn't want to give him a 3 year extension and Juve had nothing to lose.
Their blunder is not that they didn't let him jump right in. That made sense.

Their blunder is not renewing one of the greatest players of all time who still had many years of football ahead of him. They should have renewed him and slowly introduced him back into the team just like anyone would do with a beast returning from injury.

They let him go because they didn't have a place for him in the tactical setup. Allegri should have fought tooth and nail to keep him. Maybe he did and Galliani made the decision despite him we will never know for sure.

I am not complaining, Pirlo was our most impactful player since I've started watching Juve and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him because of that blunder.

Maybe they would have sold him along with Ibra and Silva eventually anyway when they became broke

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Midfielders (Rabiot, Loca) scoring 2 goals in 3 games might be a positive sign. Both were disallowed though by VAR.

But we won't be able to rely on Vlahovic and Di Maria all year. Even last year Allegri told midfielders in training they need to score. I remember he told McBurger he expects 10 goals from him, lul.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

They gave him a pen as a going away present and let’s say he wasn’t impressed :lol:
Fuck, if forgotten about the pen :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Their blunder is not that they didn't let him jump right in. That made sense.

Their blunder is not renewing one of the greatest players of all time who still had many years of football ahead of him. They should have renewed him and slowly introduced him back into the team just like anyone would do with a beast returning from injury.

They let him go because they didn't have a place for him in the tactical setup. Allegri should have fought tooth and nail to keep him. Maybe he did and Galliani made the decision despite him we will never know for sure.

I am not complaining, Pirlo was our most impactful player since I've started watching Juve and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him because of that blunder.

Maybe they would have sold him along with Ibra and Silva eventually anyway when they became broke
That's a good point, maybe he would have gone to PSG as well and it would have been a midfield of Pirlo, Motta and Verratti

Strickland

May 17, 2019

He blames not being important anymore, Allegri said he'd move him to left midfielder. They didnt even get to talking money or anything witg Snoopy, not being important to the project was the reason Pirlo left, read the book youre refering to.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He blames not being important anymore, Allegri said he'd move him to left midfielder. They didnt even get to talking money or anything witg Snoopy, not being important to the project was the reason Pirlo left, read the book youre refering to.
He literally said he got on well with Allegri and had a normal relationship with him you smug dumbass.

Lol and of course the wily old fox Galliani would lay the blame on Allegri wanting to play Pirlo as an LCM - it’s an easy way to absolve the blame from him and the management and make them come across as the good guys. The simple fact is, Milan didn’t want to offer long contracts to 30+ year olds anymore. Pirlo had an injury-plagued season with Milan as well. He also makes it clear that deep down he wanted a new challenge and probably would have signed with a different club regardless.

Funny that Pirlo when fit) was basically an immovable starter playing as a regista for Allegri in the 14/15 season.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He literally said he got on well with Allegri and had a normal relationship with him you smug dumbass.

Lol and of course the wily old fox Galliani would lay the blame on Allegri wanting to play Pirlo as an LCM - it’s an easy way to absolve the blame from him and the management and make them come across as the good guys. The simple fact is, Milan didn’t want to offer long contracts to 30+ year olds anymore. Pirlo had an injury-plagued season with Milan as well. He also makes it clear that deep down he wanted a new challenge and probably would have signed with a different club regardless.

Funny that Pirlo when fit) was basically an immovable starter playing as a regista for Allegri in the 14/15 season.
so basically Allegri was just playing with words (or is it Galliani putting words in Allegri's mouth) when he said in Milan that Pirlo can't be Pirlo anymore and will have to change positions. ok.

I have no complaints in regards to 14/15, I think Max gave Pirlo a lot of respect, perhaps even too much, but that was afterwards Pirlo proved that Allegri, Galliani and AC Milan as a whole made a huge mistake letting him go to a rival in 2011. Max isn't a dumb man and didn't double down on an obvious mistake. but it's a fact that he did make a massive mistake letting Pirlo go in 2011, he wasn't alone in that retarded decision, but he was a big part of it.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Allegri was coach, not sporting director. So if anything it's far from his lone decision.

All I know is Allegri used Pirlo brilliantly at Milan and at Juve except for that season. Were it fitness doubts or not, one thing is for sure; He'll never get another regista as good as Pirlo and he knows it.

Pirlo was THE biggest reason for our resurrection imo and that's without minimalising Conte and Marotta's great work.
Let’s enjoy once again

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
so basically Allegri was just playing with words (or is it Galliani putting words in Allegri's mouth) when he said in Milan that Pirlo can't be Pirlo anymore and will have to change positions. ok.

I have no complaints in regards to 14/15, I think Max gave Pirlo a lot of respect, perhaps even too much, but that was afterwards Pirlo proved that Allegri, Galliani and AC Milan as a whole made a huge mistake letting him go to a rival in 2011. Max isn't a dumb man and didn't double down on an obvious mistake. but it's a fact that he did make a massive mistake letting Pirlo go in 2011, he wasn't alone in that retarded decision, but he was a big part of it.
Boring. Lol

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Let’s enjoy once again

Such a pleasure to have seen so much of him at Juve. And the only time I remember him being successfully marked (others must have tried, it seemed obvious since he was the source of all our attacks) was when Pep was at Bayern and stuck Mandzukic on him, which was a really astute move and neutralised him, and therefore us in that whole tie.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Such a pleasure to have seen so much of him at Juve. And the only time I remember him being successfully marked (others must have tried, it seemed obvious since he was the source of all our attacks) was when Pep was at Bayern and stuck Mandzukic on him, which was a really astute move and neutralised him, and therefore us in that whole tie.
I didn't have high hopes when Conte took over. Back then I was thinking here is one more cheap attempt of signing a noob coach just because he is a club legend similar to Ferrara. A desperate broke club hoping to find the next Pep.

My memory sucks but I think it wasn't until Pirlo did this magical assist to licht playing a perfect ball over the defense for him to round the keeper and score (was it Parma?)

That's when I started getting really excited iirc and started believing this team can do something special. I remember that and the last minute Del Piero free kick against Lazio. It was the last kick of the game and from some distance and my troll brother switched the channel right as Ale took it. I jumped to the TV and switched it back and Ale was celebrating with his tongue out.

Good times.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I didn't have high hopes when Conte took over. Back then I was thinking here is one more cheap attempt of signing a noob coach just because he is a club legend similar to Ferrara. A desperate broke club hoping to find the next Pep.

My memory sucks but I think it wasn't until Pirlo did this magical assist to licht playing a perfect ball over the defense for him to round the keeper and score (was it Parma?)

That's when I started getting really excited iirc and started believing this team can do something special. I remember that and the last minute Del Piero free kick against Lazio. It was the last kick of the game and from some distance and my troll brother switched the channel right as Ale took it. I jumped to the TV and switched it back and Ale was celebrating with his tongue out.

Good times.
That was Contes first official march in charge of Juve tho. It was an amazing game. That Marchisio goal too :tuttosport:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Good times.
It was late in the game but there was some time left, if I remember correctly. Del Piero just took Lazio off guard while Pirlo was continuing to argue with the ref over the wall. Brilliant. And that was the moment we truly sealed the scudetto.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It was late in the game but there was some time left, if I remember correctly. Del Piero just took Lazio off guard while Pirlo was continuing to argue with the ref over the wall. Brilliant. And that was the moment we truly sealed the scudetto.
I fake fanned that game, I was out seeing Skindred play live :grin:

I was following the score on an app on my phone between bands, and went berserk when I saw Ale had won us the game. Like you say, that was when I realised we were gonna win it.

Which was the game Gigi made a huge blunder, and Ale went back and spoke to him? Those two moments stood out to me as fantastic examples of leadership from Del Piero. He really showed up when we needed him that year. My captain :touched:

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I fake fanned that game, I was out seeing Skindred play live :grin:

I was following the score on an app on my phone between bands, and went berserk when I saw Ale had won us the game. Like you say, that was when I realised we were gonna win it.

Which was the game Gigi made a huge blunder, and Ale went back and spoke to him? Those two moments stood out to me as fantastic examples of leadership from Del Piero. He really showed up when we needed him that year. My captain :touched:
That was a home game against Lecce. I remember we created tons of chances, but only scored 1 goal. Buffon's error gave them a late equaliser.

But yeah, Del Piero had some great cameo's that season. The goal against Inter with Vidal assisting was also a nice moment.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
In 2012/2013 UCL it was Jupp Heynckes coaching Bayern and making those smart decisions against us that season, think you got it confused there a bit, Pep was Bayern’s coach vs Juve in 2015/2016 season when Pirlo was no longer here and Mandzukic was already playing for us. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Got to admit it triggered me a bit because i am on full rant mode in the non-juve transfers thread about how people tend to hype and overrate Guardiola and how lucky he has really been overall throughout his career and here you are too making him seem like he did some mastermind moves against us when he wasnt even the one managing Bayern that year… :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)