out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james95

Sep 2, 2018
We had more than 60% possession against ATM. What did we do with it? Absolutely nothing. We can't counterattack, and we can't defend set pieces. We can't create anything in the final third. We struggle to break teams down, so what is it exactly that this team can do? We can't even put decent crosses into the box. Are we going to blame the players for everything now? There is no clear game plan.

I'm tired of the excuses and alibis. Atletico make everyone play like shit? Sure. However, they still concede goals. Girona, Valladolid, Villareal, Betis, and Real Madrid have all scored against them over the past 5-6 weeks. All we needed was one goal. That was it. We failed and now our task is that much harder.
Atletico like to concede possession to the opponent to make them feel like they’re controlling the game (they usually have less ball posssssion than even the minnows of the league). They would have studied our game and saw that we have absolutely no threat with the ball with our sideways and backward passing midfielders so they would have been delighted with us holding it all we did as we were never going to threaten their goal from open play..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm baffled. Even against Madrid last season, we looked more dangerous. I just hope Allegri rests the players before the return. We need everyone fresh and ready. No point in exhausting key players against shitty Serie A opposition.
I mean seriously, how hard is it to get a cross into the box for Mario and Ronaldo? Easily the two best headers on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this quote in an article...lol sums it up perfectly and boy is it depressing:

The gazillion Euro trident looked like a cheap plastic fork against Atletico’s defense .

@Bianconero81

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Even in the outcome of him winning the CL and the board giving him a lifetime contract, he should call it quits and go out from the big door. Make him a legend because he will deserve it but the realtionship should be over.

He seems uninspired after so many CL defeats and ran out ideas. The football we play is really low tier, is for all the world to see. Everyone saw the match against atletico and our brand of football was exposed dearly.... This cant go on.

I have had to deal with a lot of madridista friends making fun of pathetic juve. Lol and when they knew we were undefeated in serie A, they were like “woah dude that league is trash”

Lol. Come on. We need to have bowels and do the right thing

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We had more than 60% possession against ATM. What did we do with it? Absolutely nothing. We can't counterattack, and we can't defend set pieces. We can't create anything in the final third. We struggle to break teams down, so what is it exactly that this team can do? We can't even put decent crosses into the box. Are we going to blame the players for everything now? There is no clear game plan.

I'm tired of the excuses and alibis. Atletico make everyone play like shit? Sure. However, they still concede goals. Girona, Valladolid, Villareal, Betis, and Real Madrid have all scored against them over the past 5-6 weeks. All we needed was one goal. That was it. We failed and now our task is that much harder.

tenor.gif

Preach!

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Agree with most of the recent posts in here. The relationship should indeed stop, even if we somehow manage to go through because of the goat going on a rape spree.
Just too many things not working with the team and his choices.
We buy world class and deadly wingers, yet decide to not play them. We all blame our wingers always, but he clearly doesn't know how to play them and so they look bad. We are wasting so much money and talent doing that, just ending up with a lineup of our most mediocre players, because his gut feeling tells him to play them.
That old bbc interview with him reveals that he literally is crazy and just follows his instincts and believes he knows everything without studying. As if he is some super human. Delusional. That explains his stubbornness and why he can choose some players one day and they play well, then go back to his original selection on next occasion. We see absolutely no logic behind team selections, no progression. It's random.
The way he doesn't use his subs is also hurting us, as we have seen multiple times now. Not just in terms of controlling a game, but also in terms of developing our players.

Get a foreigner in ASAP

We have/had the most talented squad out there, deadly, strong, fast, skilful, gifted players in almost every position.
Hope they are not ruined and that we can still benefit from this squad before too late.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's what was said in the interview. I was surprised to read it as well. Don't know how much there is to it, but it would make a lot of things to make sense, in my little evaluation of his behavior.
Ah I see. Only if his gut tells him to be scared though. Imo that's the mistake he keeps on making, he's too scared he'll lose everything on a counter attack, so he decides not to play football at all. Which is odd, because I don't think he's a bad coach offensively at all. In fact, the few games Allegri did choose to attack were of the most entertaining games I've seen in my life.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Just read the article again, it paints a mixed picture of him.
It does say that he is know for preparing a lot for opponents, but he says himself:

"I always say that there are manufactured coaches and natural coaches," he said. "I am one of the natural ones. I do not have to sit there and watch videos for hours. I look at what I have to watch and, in a quarter of an hour, I understand what I can understand."

And that he likes to do things differently and that he is known being a bit crazy. It really paints a picture of him believing he has innate abilities and knowledge to see things better than others, even his coach when he was a junior player.

It's both good and bad, but it can explain some hardcore stubbornness that we have seen from time to time.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What Fucks me off is you don’t know what you’re gonna get with Allegri. It wouldn’t surprise me if he manages to pull a rabbit from his ass and get us into the Quarterfinals. We nearly pulled off a miracle last season with Real. The Spurs game was another of those “ how the fuck??” Moments.

Who knows.

Out.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
What Fucks me off is you don’t know what you’re gonna get with Allegri. It wouldn’t surprise me if he manages to pull a rabbit from his ass and get us into the Quarterfinals. We nearly pulled off a miracle last season with Real. The Spurs game was another of those “ how the fuck??” Moments.

Who knows.

Out.
I'm sure we have a decent chance if we actually try to attack this time.

Even if we turn the tie around, I'm tired of making things unnecessarily difficult with defensive tactics

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
No. I've really grown fond of Allegri, but it isn't the first time he's one of the reasons of our almost apathetic demeanor going into a game. And apart from that I do think that at some point the relationship between a coach and a club is over.

It seems we are there now.

I could do without the insults though. Two CL finals and four (five almost) league titles is no small feat.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
This is all that is. No hate, no bad feelings. A lot of respect for the man and his achievements with this club BUT like you said, there's only so many ideas the one person will have, just like players coaches come and go when they don't have much to offer anymore.

Even if we manage to get past Atletico I think it's time for this team to build an identity. Somebody who will give us a characteristic, a style if you will. It's been a long time coming since Serie B to bring Juventus back to being one of the feared systems in world football. It's been proved time and time again there are coaches out there who will take a bunch of average players and make them work like a world class collective system.

We have fucking Ronaldo and yet we still don't know to build attacking plays, have control in the mid and apparently our defense is far from being one of the best now. I think it's time for him to go no matter what happens this season.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I like Allegri and I was hoping that this year he will create an attacking monster with our team. We got Cancelo and Ronaldo in addition to Costa, Berna, Dybala, Mandzukic, but even with this players, he still can't change the lackluster approach of the team. We need an attack minded coach, otherwise we can give 500 million for attacking players and still lose 2-0 to the likes of Atletico and Atalanta. Our goal every game should be scoring at least 4 g's, even if we win only with 1-0 we always should put the effort to kill the opponent. If we don't change that aspect I can't see how we'll win the CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Let's say that we overturn the result, what is the possibility that we repeat the same mistake again whomever we meet afterwards?
Extremey high. It has been proven in every first game of a key of 2 games, in the last 3 years or so.
We go in the first game wanting to get a 1 0 and get hammered or in trouble at the very least, only to go gung ho in the 2nd game (too little too late) and get inevitably eliminated even after a good performance.

Its a vicious cycle.

Like someone said above, allegri is just too scared to lose, and doesnt mind trying not setting up the attacking plan properly.

The only season i saw allegri dare and try to play this team to its fullest was on that run to the 2015 final. I truly enjoyed the football we played in that half season, the best i have seen in this new agnelli era.

After that, our team has been just random every season. Degrading little by little.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Thank you! Everyone here is saying Atletico is some kind of super invincible team, but they're not. They defensively very solid and compact, but we didn't even test their defense. Our only objective in that game was to get a 0-0 draw. We only started attacking after going 2 goals down and even then we were pretty ineffective.

- - - Updated - - -

Extremey high. It has been proven in every first game of a key of 2 games, in the last 3 years or so.
We go in the first game wanting to get a 1 0 and get hammered or in trouble at the very least, only to go gung ho in the 2nd game (too little too late) and get inevitably eliminated even after a good performance.

Its a vicious cycle.

Like someone said above, allegri is just too scared to lose, and doesnt mind trying not setting up the attacking plan properly.

The only season i saw allegri dare and try to play this team to its fullest was on that run to the 2015 final. I truly enjoyed the football we played in that half season, the best i have seen in this new agnelli era.

After that, our team has been just random every season. Degrading little by little.
We played excellent football in the 2016-17 season. That 4-2-3-1 destroyed everyone in their path until Cardiff.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows.

Out.
Even if we make it to the quarters (which itself is highly unlikely), Allegri will have the same approach against someone like Real or PSG and we will crash out in the next round.
I don't see it getting any better for us in the CL with Allegri in charge.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'll tell you what happen. We'll respond in a big way , maybe go 3-0 up in the first 45 mins, then once again Allegri's conservative attitude will set in when he decides to bring on a defender for attacker to shut up shop, then Atletico nick a late goal and go through.

Then half of them would be all praise for Allegri that he managed to force a fight back and that he is the 'right man' to guide us to the CL trophy when in reality , he would be the reason we almost always come close and then fuck up in the last moment.

I have seen this way too many times and I'm sick and tired of it. Please stop blaming it on the Juventus curse.

And my biggest nightmare is coming to be true. Allegri himself said that his main job is to setup the defense. The attacking personnel that Juve have at the moment is the best in a long time and I was really skeptical about Allegri managing to make the most out of our strengths. For me, he is not able to exploit the potential in our attack and make us more productive. But people will be blinded by seeing us battering(well not quite) Serie A sides and think all is good. He has stuck to the same old formula of having two tall strikers and blasting crosses into the box.

Please open your eyes. This is among the best attacking personnel in Europe and it is nearly not as effective as it should be.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I'll tell you what happen. We'll respond in a big way , maybe go 3-0 up in the first 45 mins, then once again Allegri's conservative attitude will set in when he decides to bring on a defender for attacker to shut up shop, then Atletico nick a late goal and go through.

Then half of them would be all praise for Allegri that he managed to force a fight back and that he is the 'right man' to guide us to the CL trophy when in reality , he would be the reason we almost always come close and then fuck up in the last moment.

I have seen this way too many times and I'm sick and tired of it. Please stop blaming it on the Juventus curse.

And my biggest nightmare is coming to be true. Allegri himself said that his main job is to setup the defense. The attacking personnel that Juve have at the moment is the best in a long time and I was really skeptical about Allegri managing to make the most out of our strengths. For me, he is not able to exploit the potential in our attack and make us more productive. But people will be blinded by seeing us battering(well not quite) Serie A sides and think all is good. He has stuck to the same old formula of having two tall strikers and blasting crosses into the box.

Please open your eyes. This is among the best attacking personnel in Europe and it is nearly not as effective as it should be.
Good post thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 29, Guests: 312)