out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
So when we go 3-0 up it's because Allegri let go of the leash but when we have individual fuckups like Evra and Benatia then it's because Allegri told them to be conservative lmao

Do we ever win because of him or is it always in spite of him?
If you keep falling back closer and closer to the goal, you're just waiting for a disaster to happen. You need to keep attacking/ or counter attacking and relieving pressure throughout the entire game. The Bayern game in particular was infuriating because we completely outplayed them in the first half. Had we kept going in the second, we could easily have scored the third and put the game to bed. Instead, Allegri chose to fall back and subbed Morata (our best attacking player in that game) for Mandzukic, who offered zero attacking threat. With all the attacking talent Bayern had at their disposal, it was only a matter of time before they scored. You can blame individual errors and players all you want, but being in a system that requires them to be flawless for 90 minutes is a recipe for failure.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
If you keep falling back closer and closer to the goal, you're just waiting for a disaster to happen. You need to keep attacking/ or counter attacking and relieving pressure throughout the entire game. The Bayern game in particular was infuriating because we completely outplayed them in the first half. Had we kept going in the second, we could easily have scored the third and put the game to bed. Instead, Allegri chose to fall back and subbed Morata (our best attacking player in that game) for Mandzukic, who offered zero attacking threat. With all the attacking talent Bayern had at their disposal, it was only a matter of time before they scored. You can blame individual errors and players all you want, but being in a system that requires them to be flawless for 90 minutes is a recipe for failure.
Juventus does not have players to do that all game long and especially didn't have them back then vs Bayern. Teams that beat us in recent years have had much better individuals and complete teams. You can only do so much when they push all attack. Being flawless and not fucking dribbling in front of your goal are two completely different things.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I have to wonder what exactly Allegri does in training. What movements does he teach our players in the final third of the pitch? Has he ever told our fullbacks or wingers to put in low crosses and pullbacks? Has he ever told Sandro to notice Dybala at the edge of the box instead of dribbling into blind alleys? Do we practice linkup play and quick passing in tight spaces?

I doubt it.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I have to wonder what exactly Allegri does in training. What movements does he teach our players in the final third of the pitch? Has he ever told our fullbacks or wingers to put in low crosses and pullbacks? Has he ever told Sandro to notice Dybala at the edge of the box instead of dribbling into blind alleys? Do we practice linkup play and quick passing in tight spaces?

I doubt it.
I doubt you can get away with teaching nothing at all, but it seems it's not really his focus. Watching us slowly passing the ball in defense, waiting for a miracle to happen and out of ideas while Atleti players moved as a block up and down the pitch was infuriating.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Frustrating that there are only 3 months left in the season and our attack really hasn't clicked.

I'd like to see us tryout the 4-2-3-1 again. Our attacking players are our main strength and Dybala is wasted on the right. Either that or we should try Berna in the midfield 3 to take the burden off Dybala to pick up the area between midfield and attack.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Frustrating that there are only 3 months left in the season and our attack really hasn't clicked.

I'd like to see us tryout the 4-2-3-1 again. Our attacking players are our main strength and Dybala is wasted on the right. Either that or we should try Berna in the midfield 3 to take the burden off Dybala to pick up the area between midfield and attack.
True, with our extremely limited midfield 4-3-3 is very ineffective.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Leave? Hell no but he shouldnt be guaranteed a starting spot at the detriment of the team
Well if he doesn't leave he may as well retire here because we're not getting any money from his sale after this year. Besides we're going to have to make him understand that he's a bench player and unlike Barzagli I don't see him being ok with that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well if he doesn't leave he may as well retire here because we're not getting any money from his sale after this year. Besides we're going to have to make him understand that he's a bench player and unlike Barzagli I don't see him being ok with that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
we will see how it plays out, hopefully well, but Ronaldo, Mandzukic and Dybala shouldn't be starting together and Mario is the odd man out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 319)