out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 10, 2009
Not a defensive approach. More like a "we've already won the game and don't need to do $#@! all" approach.

It happens.

About once every 2 games.

I see what you mean, but this comes down on Allegri for not taking advantage of the momentum in our favour. For the most part, he ends up redeeming himself, but the Real game for example, was a time when it didn't. Allegri should learn to put the game to bed first, before 'slowing things down.'

Mar 10, 2009
Which is $#@!ing weird to be honest. Why not put 3 behind them or at least try? They are a man down.

I find this impossible to defend to be honest, and I have been feeling this way about Allegri for some time now. I still believe he's the best man for the job, but he needs to sort this attitude out.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I see what you mean, but this comes down on Allegri for not taking advantage of the momentum in our favour. For the most part, he ends up redeeming himself, but the Real game for example, was a time when it didn't. Allegri should learn to put the game to bed first, before 'slowing things down.'
No argument there.

Because Allegri.
Though I'm not sure if it's because of Allegri. I've been following this team for almost 30 years & to me it feels as if we've always had these tendencies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No argument there.

Though I'm not sure if it's because of Allegri. I've been following this team for almost 30 years & to me it feels as if we've always had these tendencies.
To be fair, I agree it is a very Juventus-like attitude. One that has cost us many times over the years.

But it has to fall on the coach, what did he say at halftime? Why hasn't he learnt from similar situations this season (Napoli last weekend was a prime example)?

One thing for sure is our performances in every big Serie A game this season has been below par and we need to sort it out before Roma.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To be fair, I agree it is a very Juventus-like attitude. One that has cost us many times over the years.

But it has to fall on the coach, what did he say at halftime? Why hasn't he learnt from similar situations this season (Napoli last weekend was a prime example)?
In the end it's obviously Allegri's responsibility.

I don't know what is being said at halftime, but surely it can not be "great job so far guys, now let's just stop playing football"? Because there sure is a big difference between being a bit more cautious & the shit we witnessed in today's 2nd half. I can't believe any coach would actually instruct his team to approach the game the way we approached this 2nd half.

In Allegri's defence however: we've got a bunch of players that are nowhere near as good as they're made out to be. And that is beginning to show more and more as time passes.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You guys are basically saying that Allegri just has to tell Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain, Mandzukic to be faster and better with the ball and it will happen.

These are not players that take the match to the opponent. They can't dribble past the opponent. They can't combine and get around the opponent. They are static, station to station players.

The only thing Max can do is bench most of them and play something like Berna-Dybala-Costa. Bentancur behind. If you want to argue that then I am with you.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
To be honest, I do feel we could use a change, but on the other hand, I think Allegri is still the best tactician out there, I believe he deserves a final chance at CL next season with our key players intact and getting him players that would help him have tactical flexibility and not drop in performance in midfield, that means getting him key players like SMS and players that can help improve and be flexible like Can,Martial and still keeping the likes of Dybala,Sandro,Pjanic,Higgy,Cuads,Costa,Berna.Then getting useful players that can slowly become starters like Caldara,Spina and Pjaca.

With such a mercato, one last time at the CL, and if he still cant get it then perhaps is time to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 165)