out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Allegri does have the typical Italian mentality which promotes safety first, no question about that.

After the game today he says: "though perhaps when 2-0 up we should’ve controlled the tempo, and instead we poured forward looking for a third goal with a little too much haste."

If Zidane, Luis Enrique or Ancelotti said something like that the fans and media would've slaughtered them. But it's different in Italy and as Juve fans we have to accept it. I don't know if that approach is going to win us the CL though, that's my only concern if that's what we're aiming for.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Allegri does have the typical Italian mentality which promotes safety first, no question about that.

After the game today he says: "though perhaps when 2-0 up we should’ve controlled the tempo, and instead we poured forward looking for a third goal with a little too much haste."

If Zidane, Luis Enrique or Ancelotti said something like that the fans and media would've slaughtered them. But it's different in Italy and as Juve fans we have to accept it. I don't know if that approach is going to win us the CL though, that's my only concern if that's what we're aiming for.
Source?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, a solid organisation, controlled attacking-style, the ability to draw out pace and tempo from the game and a good defense have never earned results in CL, unliek GUNG HO football.

You might not like his or that style, but it's one that has been utilised with great succes. And please have in mind that it's ma long season with many fragile midfielder in our squad. He might just be looking out for long term-fitness and form.

Allegri has one job. Just one job, and that's winning football games. He's done that better than most since Lippi. Two domestic championships, a CL-final and an absurd CL loss to Bayern, and that with a team from a league in shambles compared to what Lippi, Ancelotti and Capello had to work with here.

It's hard to find 5 coaches with more succes the last two years. And trust me I started out as a harsh critic of his and even a year ago, I wasn't confident in him. I am now.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, a solid organisation, controlled attacking-style, the ability to draw out pace and tempo from the game and a good defense have never earned results in CL, unliek GUNG HO football.

You might not like his or that style, but it's one that has been utilised with great succes. And please have in mind that it's ma long season with many fragile midfielder in our squad. He might just be looking out for long term-fitness and form.

Allegri has one job. Just one job, and that's winning football games. He's done that better than most since Lippi. Two domestic championships, a CL-final and an absurd CL loss to Bayern, and that with a team from a league in shambles compared to what Lippi, Ancelotti and Capello had to work with here.

It's hard to find 5 coaches with more succes the last two years. And trust me I started out as a harsh critic of his and even a year ago, I wasn't confident in him. I am now.
This post just gave me a chubby.

Now come and service it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It's fucking cagliari let's not curb the boys enthusiasm but encourage it. It will be an extra tool when needed. When we have to chase the game against a superior opposition it's this practising attacking with haste and with tempo that will be useful. Of course we won't get as much space but the more we practice the better we will get. So no sorry allegri I disagree on this. Other than that you right as always but your human so I'm going to love you and forgive you because you always do more good than bad and I don't want your fanboys attacking me by preaching calma and defence and control shit comes first because even I know that's what we're about. Sometimes If we go past our comfort zone it only makes us better. Players excelled today and enjoyed it. Let's encourage that so I hope your reading this.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015

You basically made my point. Zidane, Enrique and Ancelotti has to do more than just win games. They have to do it the "right" way, hence my point that the "right" way in Italian football is vastly different to other countries and we as Juve fans have to accept it. Look at the criticism Pep received in Bayern even though he still won games.

You're right that Max has been a major success, no one is arguing his results, they're absolutely astonishing. But I think we have the potential to make the leap to the Barcas and Reals of the world and that leap also includes exciting attacking football in Europe IMO. But again, we might not have players for that, we'll see.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
See I'm not bothered about exciting football. We should be used to it but if we really want to challenge the big boys in CL then we need to attack in haste too. Or you could just be the 2014 side that attacked on counter. Which is possible but I don't see why you wouldn't want to pounce on a few extra options especially in CL and most importantly the fact we have the players to do so. Allegri likes reading and exploring whilst keeping a balance so maybe someday he will learn, accept and implement on how to do this.. maybe just not at Juve.. but he will.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
You wont get more fans and more revenue so you can buy best players by winning 1:0 and controling the tempo against fucking Cagliari.Allegri should realize that.Goals gives you fans and revenue is crucial in todays game.This is not the 80's Max.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You wont get more fans and more revenue so you can buy best players by winning 1:0 and controling the tempo against fucking Cagliari.Allegri should realize that.Goals gives you fans and revenue is crucial in todays game.This is not the 80's Max.
Must be working since our revenues are rising steadily and we are projected to break 400m at the end of this season.

Next!

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah that entertaining team Manure is about to go bankrupt.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
No. I didn't support your uncertainty about whether or not Allegri's style of football can win in Europe. Au contraire.
No. You said Allegri's only job is only to win games, I said Zidane and Enrique has to win games playing exciting football with loads of goals. There's a difference.

Jun 6, 2015
It's fucking cagliari let's not curb the boys enthusiasm but encourage it. It will be an extra tool when needed. When we have to chase the game against a superior opposition it's this practising attacking with haste and with tempo that will be useful. Of course we won't get as much space but the more we practice the better we will get. So no sorry allegri I disagree on this. Other than that you right as always but your human so I'm going to love you and forgive you because you always do more good than bad and I don't want your fanboys attacking me by preaching calma and defence and control shit comes first because even I know that's what we're about. Sometimes If we go past our comfort zone it only makes us better. Players excelled today and enjoyed it. Let's encourage that so I hope your reading this.
I completely disagree with you. When we're already leading by 2 or more goals we should concentrate on how to keep the ball and train our possession game rather than headlessly attacking every chance we get. Preserving as much energy as possible is also smart considering we have a long season ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 38, Guests: 196)