out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I completely disagree with you. When we're already leading by 2 or more goals we should concentrate on how to keep the ball and train our possession game rather than headlessly attacking every chance we get. Preserving as much energy as possible is also smart considering we have a long season ahead.
Well had to be you. So I'm not bothered. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
No. You said Allegri's only job is only to win games, I said Zidane and Enrique has to win games playing exciting football with loads of goals. There's a difference.
That's not really true though when it comes to Zidane. They didn't really play an expansive brand of football when winning the CL last season yet I'm sure their fans were happy. Zidane actually brought a more organized style to that Madrid side instilling Casemiro in the lineup and instructing players to sit deep and soak up pressure when needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well had to be you. So I'm not bothered. :D
:wine:

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
That's not really true though when it comes to Zidane. They didn't really play an expansive brand of football when winning the CL last season yet I'm sure their fans were happy. Zidane actually brought a more organized style to that Madrid side instilling Casemiro in the lineup and instructing players to sit deep and soak up pressure when needed.

- - - Updated - - -

He might have made them more organised but take the game against Roma f.ex, at Bernabeu they had literally close to 40 shots, and converted 2. It's still an attack-minded team.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
There was a period in Conte's era where our passing was quick and sleek, with opposition teams finding it hard to get the ball off us and being bamboozled out of position.

This is the type of football every good team should aim for, not because it's pretty, but because it means you defend by having possession and you create a lot of chancing with quick passes.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There was a period in Conte's era where our passing was quick and sleek, with opposition teams finding it hard to get the ball off us and being bamboozled out of position.

This is the type of football every good team should aim for, not because it's pretty, but because it means you defend by having possession and you create a lot of chancing with quick passes.
We had an insane midfield back then. Its just our strikers were poor and insanely wasteful. Now the situation is reversed and also we have wingbacks that can do some serious damage going forward unlike back in the day. Ideally, we should reinforce the midfield and return to the same level of aggression and temp of that time period. Its a shame that we try to emulate ATM when we have a much better squad and are much better financially. I'd very much rather we emulate Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like tikitaka, which is by far the ugliest thing to watch.

even worse than parking the bus.
static tiki taka is very ugly. High tempo one is very nice to watch. City are way more entertaining now than they were under Pellegrini or Mancini and that is largely down to the passing combos Silva and De Bruyne have been pulling off.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
static tiki taka is very ugly. High tempo one is very nice to watch. City are way more entertaining now than they were under Pellegrini or Mancini and that is largely down to the passing combos Silva and De Bruyne have been pulling off.
Vertical possession games are very nice to watch*

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Thing is - tiki taka will always be ugly when it comes up against a team that knows how to defend, not even a Silva/De Bruyne combo is gonna change that. handball it is.

Ancelottis's style (for example) is way more attratcive to me. Score a goal -> sit back, let the opponent have the ball and try to hit them on the counter.

Tiki taka is basically trying to choke the opponent to death by not giving them time on the ball, kinda even more disgusting than parking the bus and i'm really glad it's about to die.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

We had an insane midfield back then. Its just our strikers were poor and insanely wasteful. Now the situation is reversed and also we have wingbacks that can do some serious damage going forward unlike back in the day. Ideally, we should reinforce the midfield and return to the same level of aggression and temp of that time period. Its a shame that we try to emulate ATM when we have a much better squad and are much better financially. I'd very much rather we emulate Bayern.

- - - Updated - - -

any speculation why we prefer this ugly 352 to that, after all this time? midfield quality is pretty irrelevant since :
1. we changed our play style even when mvp still there and made stronger with pogba
2. our current midfield is still much better than the totally mediocre attack we had
3. there are team with worse midfield that play quick

so this remain the most baffling question about this team, why did we change for the worse and why couldn't we change it back and behave like normal big club.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
any speculation why we prefer this ugly 352 to that, after all this time? midfield quality is pretty irrelevant since :
1. we changed our play style even when mvp still there and made stronger with pogba
2. our current midfield is still much better than the totally mediocre attack we had
3. there are team with worse midfield that play quick

so this remain the most baffling question about this team, why did we change for the worse and why couldn't we change it back and behave like normal big club.
When you wake up in the morning do you think to yourself 'today is the day I make my worst shitpost yet'? Because you're doing a good job of it

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Ancelotti too. When playing Guardiola's Bayern at Bernabeu, they played ultra defensive, and won 1-0.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
'Sarri? I did absences at school...’

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri joked he did his absences “at school” after Maurizio Sarri refused to attend his pre-Chievo Press conference.

Sarri chose not to face the media out of protest for what he perceived to be poor refereeing in Napoli’s 0-0 draw with Genoa midweek, but Allegri was unperturbed by his rival’s conduct.

“I’m sorry for the journalists if they’ve gone there and not found him. I didn’t go to school much, but I’ve been to all the conferences,” he told reporters ahead of Juve’s trip to Palermo on Saturday.

“We have two, even three, away games in two weeks. We’re not playing at home, we have to travel and accumulate fatigue.

“Palermo have four points in two games, a new Coach and will be eager. We can’t come back from Palermo without three points.

“Compared to Inter, I’ve seen us already play differently against Cagliari. We were lacking a tad, but we’ll stick with the three at the back.

“I choose the best formation game to game. No-one noticed the changes I made because we won.

“I hope Benatia returns as soon as possible. Rugani has grown so much. Having everyone available is important.”

http://www.football-italia.net/91909/‘sarri-i-did-absences-school’

masterful troll :allegri::allegri:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 219)