out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Hopefully he keeps his word and tries new formations.

I usually don't care about formations as long as we win, but seriously like in 80% of the matches the extra defender in not needed at all, FFS we have Chiellini acting a playmaker in opponents half, that's like playing Pjaca as a CB while we defend all game.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Allegri: 'I was right to rest Higuain’
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri insists he was right to rest Gonzalo Higuain for Inter-Juventus - “I’d do it again, without a doubt”.

The Bianconeri’s record-signing dropped out of the team in favour of Mario Mandzukic, though he was introduced in the second-half.

“After the international break, Higuain played two matches,” Allegri pointed out in his Press conference ahead of the Cagliari game.

“Sevilla especially was an intense match. On Sunday I made an assessment of the match and above all the coming matches, and it’s a choice I’d make even now, without a doubt.

“During the year there will be some hierarchies, as there must be. It’s normal for everyone, if they’re on the bench, to go in and give a hand to their teammates.

“To fight on all fronts you need a great squad, Juventus have that but at the same time we have to find the right balance.

“Higuain and Mandzukic would like to play, like so many would, as there’s great competition within the squad.

“It’s normal that as two great players it’s thought they should never be reserves, but there are 50 games and it’s unthinkable that Higuain will play 50 games, [Paulo] Dybala will play 50 games and everyone else just watches.

“There will be times when Higuain rests, a time when Dybala rests and a time when Mandzukic will rest. Sometimes [Marko] Pjaca will play more, it’s the same in midfield and it’s the same in defence.”

Dybala hasn’t scored yet this season, is he playing too deep?

“When you write things, I read them, there’s always something to learn. Then what I do is I get the data and I look at things.

“Dybala’s position is the same as last year, neither deeper or further forward. At the moment he’s perhaps shooting at the goal less.

“Don’t forget that last year Dybala was - in quotation marks - the 'novelty’ of the season, he’d been at Palermo but he was a novelty.

“This year he’s a player who is known, so he has to vary his play depending on the conditions.

“It’s more difficult for him this year because of last year, and it’s always hard to confirm it. That’s normal, we’ve talked about it and he has to remain calm.

“Maybe if he plays tomorrow and scores he’ll go on a run, because that’s what happens with strikers.

“[Alvaro] Morata went five months without scoring last year, then thankfully he scored in the Coppa Italia final. So I don’t see any problems.”
Allegri: 'No problem with Dybala’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri assures there’s “no problem” with Paulo Dybala, despite no goals in his first five games of the season.

The Argentinian forward was a revelation last season, but is yet to get off the mark in the current campaign.

“I’ll have a look at him today,” Allegri shrugged in his pre-Cagliari Press conference.

“Dybala played a lot of games last year and even on Sunday [against Inter] he played a good match. He’s lacking a goal right now, but he needs to stay calm because it can happen.

“This year is very important for him, because last year he had a year in crescendo and this season he has struggled a little bit, but that happens in the career of a footballer and above all over the course of a season.

“He just has to remain calm because he’s an extraordinary player, so I see no problem with Dybala.”

The Bianconeri conceded two goals following set pieces at the weekend, something which has rarely happened in recent years.

“It’s easy, just look at how we conceded the goals, it’s a matter of attention. It can happen that Juventus - well, it shouldn’t happen but it can - that Juventus go behind.

“I said that to get a positive result at San Siro, meaning a draw or a win, we’d have to play well on a technical level above all. We didn’t do that, and little episodes went against us.

“Our objective this year is to improve the level of our play, to improve the players who have arrived and get to March still competitive in the three competitions in which we play.

“So we can’t win the League or lose it now, the League is won on May 30. Even if we win tomorrow or we’d won at San Siro three, 12 or 15 points isn’t enough for the Scudetto.

“Wehave to be calm, take it game-by-game and we have a clear objective which is to get into the next round of the Champions League, trying to finishing top.

“Clearly tomorrow there will be a different reaction because we were defeated in Milan and got so much criticism so it’s normal that the team will have a reaction both in terms of anger and their play.

“As for saying we failed in the most important games, that’s absolutely not true.

“Looking at the reality of things, we could have eight points because we won against Lazio in Rome having had two shots on target and the lads did well.

“Then we lost a game in Milan that we didn’t deserve to lose. So we should have had eight points, we have nine points, meaning we’re a point up.

“We’ve played Inter, Sassuolo, Lazio and Fiorentina and we wanted 12 points but we got nine and I think that’s right, that’s what we deserved.

“Actually in terms of merit we could have one point less, so we look at the positives.”

Kwadwo Asamoah gave the ball away before Inter’s winner on Sunday, but Allegri isn’t just blaming the Ghanaian.

“It’s not Asamoah’s fault, it was a technical move to try and get us on the break but instead it came back at us and we conceded the goal.

“We can stand it, Asa shouldn’t beat himself up because he missed with that pass because it was a bland performance by the whole team.”
Allegri: 'Inter-Juventus was terrible!’
By Football Italia staff

Massimiliano Allegri believes Inter-Juventus was “one of the ugliest games on a technical level in the last 30 years”.

The Derby d’Italia saw the Bianconeri defeated by the Beneamata at San Siro, leading to suggestions that the Coach could shake things up to face Cagliari tomorrow.

“First of all I’ll have to look at the training session today to see who will be available for tomorrow,” Allegri noted in his pre-match Press conference.

“I mean that in the sense that there are some who have played a lot of games like [Sami] Khedira. [Leo] Bonucci needs a bit of work because he hasn’t worked much after the return on August 2 because of various problems which were thankfully resolved.

“So I’ll have to assess it today, meaning that talking about the formation doesn’t make much sense.

“By the way, I think Inter-Juventus on Sunday evening was one of the ugliest games on a technical level in the last 30 years, where we scored a goal with good play from Alex Sandro and then scored two goals against ourselves, without taking anything away from Inter who played an angry match, meaning their competitive level and desire to prove themselves.

“We gave a lot of balls to them, and when you play football the idea is to pass the ball to someone in the same shirt as you. We were lacking a lot in terms of that.

“Then there came a drama where within 24 hours we have to ditch the work and certainties that we’ve had for years, I don’t think that makes much sense and above all it demonstrates our insecurities.

“One thing is certain, throughout the year the team will have to change system to try and take advantage of the characteristics of the players we have, who will need to grow.

“[Marko] Pjaca, who is a young player with a great future definitely needs more time just like maybe [Paulo] Dybala did last year or [Alvaro] Morata two years ago.

“Everything takes time, and above all we want balance because otherwise if we play a match as badly as Sunday, with all the certainties we have, it means we’re on the wrong path.”

Allegri also took the fans to task for their treatment of Hernanes, who struggled in his first season in Turin last term.

“Khedira has played seven games in a row, and I don’t think he’s done that for a long time so we’ve already made a step forward there.

“It’s normal that he’d need to recover, so we have [Mario] Lemina, [Miralem] Pjanic, [Kwadwo] Asamoah and Hernanes, because Hernanes is a player who last year [pauses]…

“I see that at the stadium when we play at home, every now and then he gets a bit of whistling. I think we need some respect for Hernanes, because he was very important last year.

“Let’s not forget when we won in Manchester [against City], he helped in Bayern Munich at home when [Claudio] Marchisio went off at the end of the first half.

“In football everyone can make mistakes, Hernanes is an important player for Juventus and must remain so because [Stefano] Sturaro is returning now but he’s still a bit short of top condition.

“Marchisio isn’t ready yet and will be missing for a little while yet, and every player in this squad has to feel part of this project, or rather this season because there are no projects, in football you just have to win game-by-game.

“I think Hernanes should be helped because at home that doesn’t happen because - with all the respect I have for the fans - I put him on the pitch and he just gets whistled.

“He’s a player who contributed last year like everyone else did. I have four midfielders because Khedira will almost certainly be rested tomorrow, and from that I’ll choose three.

“That is unless I decide to play [Juan] Cuadrado, Dani Alves or Alex Sandro as an outside midfielder.”

The tactician also revealed that youngster Daniele Rugani will start against the Isolani tomorrow.

“Rugani will play tomorrow,” Allegri confirmed.

“That’s another example of the squad Juventus have, he’s an international and he’s grown a lot even if we haven’t seen him at the beginning because he hasn’t played.

“However, he’s a player who, like I said, grew last year and this year he’s acquitted himself very well.

“He’s a player who will play for Juventus for 10 years, but ahead of him he’s got three plus [Medhi] Benatia, so four very good players.

“He has plenty of time to grow, he’ll definitely play this year, he’ll find space and play a lot of games. We’re only at the start.”
:think:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Looks like he might be leaning towards a 4-4-2?

Alves-Rugani-Bonny-Sandro
Cuadrado-Lemina-Pjanic-Pjaca
----------Higuain-Dybala--------

Or did he mean

----Rugani-Bonny-Chiello----
Alves-Juan-Lemina-Pjanic-Sandro
--------Higuain-Dybala----------

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Spot On Mister.
People need to respect Hernanes more. He's part of our team and will be contribute positively.
I guess Pjaca could also be play as CM for alternatives other than Cuadrado, Alves, Sandro

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Allegri outplayed him the last time both men faced.
It doesn't work like that. Otherwise it would be worrisome, because just this past week alone Allegri was out coached by Sampaoli and De Boer.

Ancelotti is simply a top top coach who has won a lot and shown more then most coaches, let alone his country men.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It doesn't work like that. Otherwise it would be worrisome, because just this past week alone Allegri was out coached by Sampaoli and De Boer.

Ancelotti is simply a top top coach who has won a lot and shown more then most coaches, let alone his country men.

It does work like that. That year Allegri almost won everything, the year after, Allegri was still coaching Juve and again almost won it all and Ancelotti was on vacation.

I give Carlo respect for his CL trophies, but Allegri is running the show now as the most tactical and smart coach IMO.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Allegri gets more credit for almost winning a CL title that Ancelotti had won just the year before, for the 3rd time? Results and top experience in providing success in biggiest stage is what matters most, and Ancelotti above him in that. Saying otherwise is not judging them on the same standard. In fact belittling to Allegri for giving him a gold star for an almost and even worse a round of 16 exit?

The reason Ancelotti wasn't coaching Real is obvious, it's like us firing Allegri because we couldn't make past first stage of CL last season. But unlike Real our club doesn't act in such a demanding and eager way to reboot it all (even tho we done much more changes than them past 2 years).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Looks like he might be leaning towards a 4-4-2?

Alves-Rugani-Bonny-Sandro
Cuadrado-Lemina-Pjanic-Pjaca
----------Higuain-Dybala--------

Or did he mean

----Rugani-Bonny-Chiello----
Alves-Juan-Lemina-Pjanic-Sandro
--------Higuain-Dybala----------
i dont think thats what he meant. its either 352 with 3 of 4 available mids (Pjanic, Asa, Hernanes, Lemina) and DA-AS on the wings or 442 with one of DA, Juan, AS as a wide midfielder (Pjaca as the other probably, left or right depending on which one of the 3 plays the opposite wing). still think its gonna be 352 but with a few changes:

Rugani Barza Chiello
DA Lemina Hernanes Pjanic AS
Higuain Pjaca​

Cuadrado introduced as a sub later. hoping for this team to play

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Allegri: "When you write things, I read them, there’s always something to learn. Then what I do is I get the data and I look at things"

I hope to god that your reading what we type on Tuz!

But on a serious note, I like that attitude, it means hopefully he wont turn stubborn when the times are hard.

Aug 2, 2005
Yeh, that was his golden era. I really, really liked how we played back then.
We were forced to change formation after our 3rd CL game in the group phase since we were playing like shid... and after that we reached the final in nice fashion playing ok/good football. SOmething we never saw with the 352 before and with conte.
Then we lost Pirlo and Vidal and marchisio was out for the beggining of the season...prompting allegri to change to the 352 again. Also mandzu arrived and dissapeared Morata to never return. That was the end of the 4312.
One thing i still think of, in the CL final and 5 minutes right after the equalizer.. i was hoping he subs Pirlo.. the team clicked and dominated and barca would not do harm only of a quick counter.. add Peryera... marchisio or Vidal as DMF to play in pirlos position
We needed someone dynamic in front of defense
That was pretty obvious to me.

Who had same thoughts?

4321 and 433 formations fit current squad, suitable, and balanced. With 4321 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 127)