out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Everyone should stop expecting us to roflstomp our CL group just because "player vs player our team is miles better". Until we prove it on the field paper victories mean shit and you just sound like a Real Madrid fan. We should get our humility back and accept that we are not that superior to Sevilla at the moment and won't win 10 games out of 10 against such teams.
We are significanfly superior to Sevilla. We just decided to bench our best players for some stupid reason.

Buy on AliExpress.com

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Everyone should stop expecting us to roflstomp our CL group just because "player vs player our team is miles better". Until we prove it on the field paper victories mean $#@! and you just sound like a Real Madrid fan. We should get our humility back and accept that we are not that superior to Sevilla at the moment and won't win 10 games out of 10 against such teams.
if our coach had the balls to field higuain-dybala-pjaca-cuadrado we could roflstomp them last night, dybala alone caused so much problems to sevilla when he tried to burst forward on several occasions, but he was simply left to work alone when the rest of his team mates were offensively inept.

and again, what was the point of continuing to play with 3 CBs when sevilla was clearly, very obviously wasn't willing to attack and we were the one looking to score?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Everyone should stop expecting us to roflstomp our CL group just because "player vs player our team is miles better". Until we prove it on the field paper victories mean $#@! and you just sound like a Real Madrid fan. We should get our humility back and accept that we are not that superior to Sevilla at the moment and won't win 10 games out of 10 against such teams.
Too many wrong things that it's hard to chose how to start. First, we weren't "that superior", NO. we weren't superior at all. They were playing away their first game against the strongest team so they can here looking for 1 point and they got It so... They actually were superior.

We were playing in our stadium against a hard Team but they aren't even in the level of so many other teams (RM, farca, atlético, BM, Borussia, City, PSG and Porto) so we have a high climb to go from your perspective

Won't win 10 out of 10? Even Max knows he is talking trash when he said we played better, if we play this game 10 times, we would draw mostly all

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
We are significanfly superior to Sevilla. We just decided to bench our best players for some stupid reason.
Buffon, Alves, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Khedira, Lemina, Dybala and Higuain were all playing the game, no?

- - - Updated - - -

The meltdown in this thread is pathetic.

Y'all sound liek a bunch of spoilt kids. We didn't play well and Allegri made some questionable decisions. But some of the doomsday tendering post here are just beyond stupid.

Barca just lost at home to Alaves and then went on to absolutely trash Celtic. It ain't as simple as your FM2016-brains seem to think. Had Khedira and or Higuain scored, y'all would ahve sounded completely different 'cause y'all emotional state judges the game.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Buffon, Alves, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Khedira, Lemina, Dybala and Higuain were all playing the game, no?

- - - Updated - - -

The meltdown in this thread is pathetic.

Y'all sound liek a bunch of spoilt kids. We didn't play well and Allegri made some questionable decisions. But some of the doomsday tendering post here are just beyond stupid.

Barca just lost at home to Alaves and then went on to absolutely trash Celtic. It ain't as simple as your FM2016-brains seem to think. Had Khedira and or Higuain scored, y'all would ahve sounded completely different 'cause y'all emotional state judges the game.
Yes. However we have made things hard but we are used to that by now.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don't understand why we always sacrifice CL for stupid Serie A, where we'd still win with our B team more often than not.
I mean, who gives a shit about beating Inter after all this? Beat Sevilla, then draw Inter, no one would care.
That's been the problem with Juventus for ages, we suck at prioritizing properly.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
if our coach had the balls to field higuain-dybala-pjaca-cuadrado we could roflstomp them last night, dybala alone caused so much problems to sevilla when he tried to burst forward on several occasions, but he was simply left to work alone when the rest of his team mates were offensively inept.

and again, what was the point of continuing to play with 3 CBs when sevilla was clearly, very obviously wasn't willing to attack and we were the one looking to score?
Instead he went full italian fielding only Higuain and Dybala who are offensive players leaving Chiello and Bonucci to create and even Dybala returned constantly to midfield to help because Asa and Lemina played like amateurs :lol:

Barza, Bonucci, Evra, Alves, Khedira, Chiellini, Asamoah...against Seville at home..dat there attacing potential and creativity :lol:

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
His cynicism backfired and calculation backfired. He had hoped to scrape together a victory by keeping thight and not allowing them anything. It almost worked....

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yes. However we have made things hard but we are used to that by now.
There was a lot of things wrong in last nights match, and I condone every single discussion hereof as long as it takes the small step away from emotional outburst and kindergarten logic based on stupid assumptions.

When the discussion is founded on knee-jerking, emotions and stereotypes; we all just become one collective group of dumbasses.

Just look at difference in how Asamoah is judge from this game to the Viola game a month ago. It's mindblowing. From "back at his best" to "He's done. No coming back".

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Allegri either overvalued Evra/Asamoah, or took for granted/overlooked Sevilla.

Either way, he was wrong - awfully wrong from the beginning, and most people knew it.

Thing is he actually seems to be a reasonable guy, smart and mainly humble enough to realize his mistakes, even though he doesnt need to admit this to the press. Actually, what he says to the press is irrelevant. The guy spent 2 months talking about Pjanic as a regista, and then he repeatedly goes with Lemina as a regista.

We still can qualify in first place, as long as he does the right things. There's a lot of quality.

However, there is an even more important lesson from this game. Asamoah isnt worth much nowadays. This leaves us with 3 useful midfielders. Than we have injured Marchisio, 2 guys who cant really contribute much in Asa and Sturaro, and Hernanes.

Our midfield situation is confirmed: its bad. Actually, very bad. Marotta & co committed a big mistake here. And I dont think Witsel or Matuidi will solve it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Everyone should stop expecting us to roflstomp our CL group just because "player vs player our team is miles better". Until we prove it on the field paper victories mean shit and you just sound like a Real Madrid fan. We should get our humility back and accept that we are not that superior to Sevilla at the moment and won't win 10 games out of 10 against such teams.
If the quality gap is only on paper but not on the pitch, then that means the coach is doing a poor job. We should roflstomp our way to the semis on a regular basis with a squad like this.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a lot of things wrong in last nights match, and I condone every single discussion hereof as long as it takes the small step away from emotional outburst and kindergarten logic based on stupid assumptions.

When the discussion is founded on knee-jerking, emotions and stereotypes; we all just become one collective group of dumbasses.

Just look at difference in how Asamoah is judge from this game to the Viola game a month ago. It's mindblowing. From "back at his best" to "He's done. No coming back".
:agree: He is a good player but dont play him in a midfield 3 with Khedira and Lemina.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

:agree:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I actually think he was prioritising the game against Inter. Which is puzzling. There's 35 games left in Serie A, we can easily afford a loss or a draw at San Siro (as annoying as it would be) We really should have fielded our best team from the get-go last night. Look how much havoc Sandro and Pjanic caused when they played. We would have won the game if they started in place of Evra and Asa.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Wonder if he have the courage to drop a Cb and play with 4 at the back. Start with the formation which we had our vest formation with.
Until we drop this 3-5-2 shit we will never win in europe.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Unless this was a deciding match or we were at a risk of not qualifying, there is NOTHING more important than beating that filth decaying scum of a team who engineered our demise.
I would give away a win against Seville in the first round of the group for a win against Icter any day of the week, even if that match was a in the Coppa.

Get your head straight, Allegri has done the right thing, and we were unlucky not to win last night.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I actually think he was prioritising the game against Inter. Which is puzzling. There's 35 games left in Serie A, we can easily afford a loss or a draw at San Siro (as annoying as it would be) We really should have fielded our best team from the get-go last night. Look how much havoc Sandro and Pjanic caused when they played. We would have won the game if they started in place of Evra and Asa.
If we play every game the same as how we started against Fiorentina or Sassuolo with a full lineup including Pjanic, Sandro, Higuain etc we should be able to close most games including in CL in 30 mins. We have the quality to do that now. Instead we do the opposite and chase the game in the last 15 minutes and end up with a failure of a result. The biggest thing for me is starting Evra AND Asamoah though. Even if we had the right mentality there's not enough attacking threat there to really do damage against a good opponent. It was odd looking at what was happening on the pitch and seeing Pjanic, Sandro, Cuadrado and Pjaca all on the bench...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If the quality gap is only on paper but not on the pitch, then that means the coach is doing a poor job. We should roflstomp our way to the semis on a regular basis with a squad like this.
or the problem might be that your paper valuations are not realistic. name me one team in history that got to CL semis trashing everyone for at least a few years straight lol. or do you consider this Juve the best team in history?

we have got a great team, but also lots of issues. thin midfield, bunch of useful players that don't fit together with our best players, our main goal source has been a choker so far in his career and many of our players are at a very tricky age and might decline rapidly this season.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Max Allegri was irritable in a Press conference after the 0-0 draw with Sevilla and warned “Juventus were never the Champions League favourites.”

The Bianconeri have been tipped by many to be among the contenders following a summer of big spending, but opened the campaign with a disappointing home stalemate.

“The performance was good,” insisted the Coach. “In the first half we struggled to get the ball back, but their pressing game inevitably fell away after the break.

“The 0-0 is only disappointing because some people were expecting us to win 3-0. In Europe we need to stay calm, as here some are flying from euphoria to depression. Sevilla didn’t have a single shot on target.

“Juve haven’t won the Champions League for 20 years. We did well on the market, but so did many clubs: it doesn’t mean we will win every single game.

“It is crazy to say Juventus are the absolute favourites to win the Champions League. That was never the case.

“Juve had seven chances to score and normally that’d be enough to win, as Sevilla did not have a single shot on target. The team should not feel disappointed with the performance.

“It’s the first time I haven’t won the opening game of a Champions League group phase, so maybe it’ll bring us luck.”

Allegri was criticised for his tactical and personnel choices, opting to introduce Miralem Pjanic and Alex Sandro only after the hour mark.

“I have a squad of great players and at times I need to change them. It was a choice and then I modified it because I thought I needed more quality close to the box.”
http://www.football-italia.net/91462/allegri-slams-media-euphoria

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If we play every game the same as how we started against Fiorentina or Sassuolo with a full lineup including Pjanic, Sandro, Higuain etc we should be able to close most games including in CL in 30 mins. We have the quality to do that now. Instead we do the opposite and chase the game in the last 15 minutes and end up with a failure of a result. The biggest thing for me is starting Evra AND Asamoah though. Even if we had the right mentality there's not enough attacking threat there to really do damage against a good opponent. It was odd looking at what was happening on the pitch and seeing Pjanic, Sandro, Cuadrado and Pjaca all on the bench...
We tend to do that "chasing the game" thing a lot in Europe. We basically threw away ~70 mins of the game, give or take the Khedira and Higuain chances. They pressed the shit out of us, knew we had nothing for the most part on the wings and were low on creative quality in the middle. Allegri left it way too late to make the necessary changes and it was inevitable the game was petering out to a 0-0. Similar game to the Gladbach home draw last year.

It's crazy...the amount of creative, attacking quality we had on our bench was crazy. Even a double change at HT might have been enough for us to get three points. So fucking frustrating, the performance, the mentality, the lineup everything. This European malaise just won't fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 191)