out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Were Juve, our DNA doesn't align with playing good football first and winning second. It's an interesting path, we brought in Sarri and Pirlo to play good football and we failed. We won't have a major overhaul to bring Mottas players, gonna be interesting but third time lucky?
Motta is actually tactically closer to Conte and Allegri 1.0 than he is to Sarri and Pirlo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Motta is actually tactically closer to Conte and Allegri 1.0 than he is to Sarri and Pirlo.
Hopefully Motta does have a say in the signing and sales of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Intent matters.

Even in cases where it doesn't, it influences judges.

But here it does. Because Juventus would have to make it plausible that this was in fact why they fired him. It doesn't really matter if there's a breach of contract, when all parties involved know that that particular breach would not result in termination in and of itself. You think they'd have fired him if he won the scudetto? They wouldn't have. So there's your reason.

A court case would also open Juventus up to significant risk. Allegri alledges his behaviour was the result of Juventus putting pressure on him through the press. If Juventus don't pay him and he sues, he can use the full extent of the law and subpoena journalists. Those journalists may or may not want to keep their sources confidential, but that's an unknown factor.

And again: lawyers have to look beyond the law. Even if Juventus win this case, it still makes them look bad.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Can it be like the Ronaldo case where we end up half paying half of gross salary something in the middle ground?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Can it be like the Ronaldo case where we end up half paying half of gross salary something in the middle ground?
If this is what we want to do, the smart thing will be to negotiate out of court. Would be best for all parties involved.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Intent matters.

Even in cases where it doesn't, it influences judges.
Juventus would have to make it plausible that this was in fact why they fired him. It doesn't really matter if there's a breach of contract, when all parties involved know that that particular breach would not result in termination in and of itself. You think they'd have fired him if he won the scudetto? They wouldn't have. So there's your reason.

Intent does matter, but I don't quite understand why it's the most important question here, would seem logical to me that the most important questions is whether Allegri breached the contract and whether firing him is a balanced response to the breach. In my head that's first and foremost what has to be examined and not imaginary scenarios like "would you fire the employee if he was outperforming expectations"? There's hardly any way to prove they would have or wouldn't have. But maybe my understanding is lacking here.

A court case would also open Juventus up to significant risk. Allegri alledges his behaviour was the result of Juventus putting pressure on him through the press. If Juventus don't pay him and he sues, he can use the full extent of the law and subpoena journalists. Those journalists may or may not want to keep their sources confidential, but that's an unknown factor.

If club officials did put pressure on Allegri through Tuttosport and other media then intent definitely matters, as it'd seem Juve breached the contract themselves and harassed their employee. I don't think it's very plausible that we did do that, however if we did it's definitely a serious risk and we shouldn't pick a fight in these circumstances.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Recency bias

We thank him for winning a trophy after three seasons, sure. But we can’t forget the atrocious agony of his pathetic football during that spell too.
For that he should have been fired a year and a half ago. After Monza, after Macabbi, take a pick, but he wasnt. He should have been fired after horrendous run of results in the 2nd part of this season but yet again he wasnt. The club was willing to let him stay until the end of current season despite results. However, If what Allegri is claiming proves to be true, that the club was feeding journalists with inside info, using media to put a pressure on him so he resigns and they dont have to pay up, it paints a different picture. These were not a normal working conditions so they bear responsibility as well for the shit show we have witnessed. It is disgraceful, unworthy of this once great club. I hope this wont go to court and that he will get every cent of his contract. I also hope we will move on with new people at helm.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
For that he should have been fired a year and a half ago. After Monza, after Macabbi, take a pick, but he wasnt. He should have been fired after horrendous run of results in the 2nd part of this season but yet again he wasnt. The club was willing to let him stay until the end of current season despite results. However, If what Allegri is claiming proves to be true, that the club was feeding journalists with inside info, using media to put a pressure on him so he resigns and they dont have to pay up, it paints a different picture. These were not a normal working conditions so they bear responsibility as well for the shit show we have witnessed. It is disgraceful, unworthy of this once great club. I hope this wont go to court and that he will get every cent of his contract. I also hope we will move on with new people at helm.
Obviously Juve press release mentioned Disciplinary issues as the reason for sacking him so we can definitely have grounds to not pay him his full salary and we can save some money.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Obviously Juve press release mentioned Disciplinary issues as the reason for sacking him so we can definitely have grounds to not pay him his full salary and we can save some money.
Sure, but he will fight that disciplinary issues were a result of working conditions which were not normal, that he was undermined, pressured into resigning. He snapped, as would many and EU laws are designed to protect employees. He has a case then.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sure, but he will fight that disciplinary issues were a result of working conditions which were not normal, that he was undermined, pressured into resigning. He snapped, as would many and EU laws are designed to protect employees. He has a case then.
What working conditions in a football club are normal? He threatened to assault someone and broke equipment. He has done this to himself.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

A settlement might be reached or the court might find reasons to mitigate the compensation owed.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I personally think they will eventually settle outside of the court, but i also am quite certain that he won’t get his full paycheck one way or another as he did go out of line and gave them all the more reasons to end it sooner.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventus would have to make it plausible that this was in fact why they fired him. It doesn't really matter if there's a breach of contract, when all parties involved know that that particular breach would not result in termination in and of itself. You think they'd have fired him if he won the scudetto? They wouldn't have. So there's your reason.

Intent does matter, but I don't quite understand why it's the most important question here, would seem logical to me that the most important questions is whether Allegri breached the contract and whether firing him is a balanced response to the breach. In my head that's first and foremost what has to be examined and not imaginary scenarios like "would you fire the employee if he was outperforming expectations"? There's hardly any way to prove they would have or wouldn't have. But maybe my understanding is lacking here.

If club officials did put pressure on Allegri through Tuttosport and other media then intent definitely matters, as it'd seem Juve breached the contract themselves and harassed their employee. I don't think it's very plausible that we did do that, however if we did it's definitely a serious risk and we shouldn't pick a fight in these circumstances.
The reason why you actually fired him is what matters most. Not the hypothetical question of 'could you have fired him for this?'.

We actually fired Allegri because of the results, not because of whatever went down on Wednesday.

I am almost 100% certain we used the press.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What working conditions in a football club are normal? He threatened to assault someone and broke equipment. He has done this to himself.
I dont think it is normal to leak inside info to the press, to pay for articles that undermine the work of your employee. He was brought to a verge of madness by the actions of our board and he snapped. They need to pay up and move on.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I dont think it is normal to leak inside info to the press, to pay for articles that undermine the work of your employee. He was brought to a verge of madness by the actions of our board and he snapped. They need to pay up and move on.
What exactly have we leaked to the press about Allegri? He wasn't driven to madness by the board he has been fucking terrible for years. This is exactly what he wanted by doing all of this by the way, to look like the victim. It makes it seem like he can still coach.

I thank him for his first stint but this second one has been disastrous.

Jun 16, 2020
In a way it might feel a bit cheap leveraging this situation to probably safe his salary for next year.

He might not have felt supported by the club but let’s not forget he should’ve been fired 5 times already. Financial damage caused with renewing De Sciglio and Sandro, absolute horror football. Glad that it’s over, even better if we safe is wages. Can anyone confirm this?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I doubt it will go to court. We will probably use the whole situation as a bargaining chip e.g. they agree on a price for the final year of his contract and draw a line on it rather than dragging through the legal system.
We had stronger position in the Ronaldo case ie no signature in the contract signed yet we have to pay him half of his deferred wages.In Allegri case it is desperate attempt to save money whether it ends up in court only time will tell.

Together with the exoneration, a 5-point letter of disciplinary complaint was delivered to Allegri . A move by Juventus to try to save part of the 18 million gross due to the coach between now and June 2025. Max's lawyers now have 5 days to respond (@NicoSchira)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What exactly have we leaked to the press about Allegri? He wasn't driven to madness by the board he has been fucking terrible for years. This is exactly what he wanted by doing all of this by the way, to look like the victim. It makes it seem like he can still coach.

The poor results work against us in court.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

You think he just snapped without any reason? Doesnt seem very plausible and if this goes to a court it could get ugly. His 2nd stint has been terrible and ultimately he was fired for results, which should have happened a while ago. Disclipinary issue were used as a pretence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 325)