out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of all the things to criticize Allegri for, setting up Pirlo for failure is certainly a stretch.
I disagree. Have you ever coached a team before? Bad habits are difficult to break, and we have seen it time and again with this team. Sarri was fired because he couldn't change the way we played, and neither could Pirlo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I mean as a coach. He had a squad accustomed to playing the outdated Allegriball. Sarri was fired because of the same thing; he couldn't change how we played because it was indoctrinated into the team, thus also being a victim. The next manager will sadly suffer from this as well, unless we give the person patience and the opportunity to fail for one season. Allegri failed for three seasons.
:rofl:

Already making excuses for the next coach. And for the previous coaches. What a joke of a post lol

Bad habits? Yeah Ronaldo, Buffon, Chiellini, Dybala, Pjanic, Mandzukic, Higuain, etc all had such bad habits cuz of Allegri lol. Might as well claim MDL and Rabiot and Chiesa and McKennie had bad habits from Allegri too while you’re at it. Sarri got fired for being an incompetent cancerous moron with no ability to implement any sort of tactical adjustments. We got worse and worse as the year went on under him. Sarri sucked at Chelsea and has sucked at Lazio too. And Pirlo was a rookie coach who had us looking like a disorganized mess. And every team he has coached since too.

We needed to hire a top coach when we moved on from Allegri last time. Or at the very least a strong Conte-type, highly motivated personality. Not some chainsmoking bum with zero winning mentality to coach a team of champions looking to take the last step to CL glory.

At least now we have a team full of inexperienced players who haven’t won much of anything. So a coach like Motta should have a much easier time molding and shaping these players to his vision.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:rofl:

Already making excuses for the next coach. What a joke.

Sarri got fired for being an incompetent cancerous moron with no ability to implement any sort of tactical adjustments. We got worse and worse as the year went on under him. Sarri sucked at Chelsea and has sucked at Lazio too. And Pirlo was a rookie coach who had us looking like a disorganized mess. And every team he had coached since too.

We needed to hire a top coach when we moved on from Allegri last time. Or at the very least a strong Conte-type, highly motivated personality. Not some chainsmoking bum with zero winning mentality to coach a team of champions looking to take the last step to CL glory.

At least now we have a team full of inexperienced players who haven’t won much of anything. So a coach like Motta should have a much easier time molding and shaping these players to his vision.
I'm just going to be honest here and say it sounds like you never played this game before, and surely have not coached in it. Do you honestly think it's easy to break this team from what we've witnessed the last few years? It's not an excuse, it's just the reality of where we are at. We need to afford the new manager enough time to break this team and recreate it. Change management and patience.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm just going to be honest here and say it sounds like you never played this game before, and surely have not coached in it. Do you honestly think it's easy to break this team from what we've witnessed the last few years? It's not an excuse, it's just the reality of where we are at. We need to afford the new manager enough time to break this team and recreate it. Change management and patience.
Half the team was changed from Allegri to Pirlo coaching. De Ligt, Rabiot, Chiesa, Morata, Mckennie, Kulusevski, Demiral, Ramsey, Arthur… none of those players were there under Max. All of them made 30+ appearances under Pirlo. And if you think someone like Ronaldo was heavily influenced in playing style by Max lol. Or even Dybala (he won Serie A MVP his Sarri season).

I agree patience is needed now. The team is young, inexperienced, and a mess. It will take time. It’s a different situation than it was in 2019. And yes, a mediocre year shouldn’t result in firing the coach. We’re not coming off 8 straight scudetti and 5 years with CL QFs as the bare minimum expectation each year. That should be kept in mind with a new coach.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
he'll get paid either way, unless he walks away.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha. He just won coppa. You still angry about it? Have you slept at all since yesterday?
I don't think i've ever seen someone who calls himself a juventus fan as disappointed as you are 2: what a fan
And what does that say about the supposedly legendary coach that loves the club? He's throwing a bomb at everyone else right after winning a trophy, after all the 3 years that he's being paid so handsomely and failing spectacularly to do his job. He should've calmed down and savour the long lost sensation of victory.

IMO that's worse than Conte's resignation at preseason.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
There's absolutely no way Motta is going to have an 'easier' time remolding or reshaping this team.

The mentality of this team has been rotten for the last 3-4 years. Our approach to games has been horrible over the course of this period. It's the same 'run forwards and figure something out' approach that the team has been used to. Not to mention parking the bus against some absolute shit teams the moment we take the lead. These kind of habits takes time to break away from.

Like it or not, it's going to be another year zero for JJ but hopefully, this year zero eventually leads us to playing like a champion team and winning trophies.

Unless things go horribly south, Motta needs at least a couple of years to establish an identity and a strong mentality within the team.

Jun 27, 2011
And what does that say about the supposedly legendary coach that loves the club? He's throwing a bomb at everyone else right after winning a trophy, after all the 3 years that he's being paid so handsomely and failing spectacularly to do his job. He should've calmed down and savour the long lost sensation of victory.

IMO that's worse than Conte's resignation at preseason.
I don't think he failed miserably.
He's clearly angry. You're right about that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Half the team was changed from Allegri to Pirlo coaching. De Ligt, Rabiot, Chiesa, Morata, Mckennie, Kulusevski, Demiral, Ramsey, Arthur… none of those players were there under Max. All of them made 30+ appearances under Pirlo. And if you think someone like Ronaldo was heavily influenced in playing style by Max lol. Or even Dybala (he won Serie A MVP his Sarri season).

I agree patience is needed now. The team is young, inexperienced, and a mess. It will take time. It’s a different situation than it was in 2019. And yes, a mediocre year shouldn’t result in firing the coach. We’re not coming off 8 straight scudetti and 5 years with CL QFs as the bare minimum expectation each year. That should be kept in mind with a new coach.
But keep in mind it's not just players and coaches. It's the culture in general. New players will of course look towards the more tenured folks for direction. It's just like any business or corporation that becomes "comfortable" over the years. One of my clients is exactly like this and they refuse to change, which leads to consistent failures. We will have to rely heavily on the new coach and Giuntoli to change the culture of this club. If they can't do it, they will fail just like Sarri and Pirlo. It takes a lot of work and it's not just tactics or new personnel.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Giuntoli and Allegri have put up with each other and not supported each other throughout the course of the season. The relationship between the two remained cold since the beginning of the season and then became increasingly intense after the January transfer window. The coach made one request which was a midfielder that could replace Fagioli and Pogba but in fact Giuntoli decided on Alcaraz who was the opposite profile of Allegri’s wishes. What sparked Max’s anger last night is the length of time he waited for his future to be communicated to him (@86_longo)
Nahhh

Allegri had essentially free reign in transfer decisions in 21/22 and 22/23 and we failed miserably with his desired signings (Di Maria, Pogba, Paredes etc)

Alcaraz might not have been up to much, but I’m happy Giuntoli put his foot down and said no to any of his requests. Especially when you are fully aware that this same coach will be gone next season there’s no point acquiescing to his demands. Also, the club didn’t really have much money to spend after the fuckery of being banned from the CL so there was also a financial constraint there that had to be respected.

Again, we could have avoided this unnecessary fuckery if we just sacked him earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I’m sure an aged Ronaldo is the difference between world class and losing 5 out of 6 games in UCL, one of which to an Israeli team.
That’s the thing that people don’t get.

We played like absolute trash under him, and with his desired signings and tactics, long before any of this FIGC/UEFA corrupt garbage hit us. The last CL campaign (in that easy ass group) was an utter disgrace.

Ideally, we should have parted ways with him as soon as Giuntoli arrived. New DS, new coach. It would have made the most sense.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Sounds similar to what they're doing to Ronaldo with unpaid wages....

I'd have zero respect for the club if they actually do that to Allegri. If you fire him, pay him the money he's owed if he demands 100% of it. Period. Dont try to weasel your way out on some kind of legal technically.
Salary maneuver ftw!

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Nahhh

Allegri had essentially free reign in transfer decisions in 21/22 and 22/23 and we failed miserably with his desired signings (Di Maria, Pogba, Paredes etc)

Alcaraz might not have been up to much, but I’m happy Giuntoli put his foot down and said no to any of his requests. Especially when you are fully aware that this same coach will be gone next season there’s no point acquiescing to his demands. Also, the club didn’t really have much money to spend after the fuckery of being banned from the CL so there was also a financial constraint there that had to be respected.

Again, we could have avoided this unnecessary fuckery if we just sacked him earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the thing that people don’t get.

We played like absolute trash under him, and with his desired signings and tactics, long before any of this FIGC/UEFA corrupt garbage hit us. The last CL campaign (in that easy ass group) was an utter disgrace.

Ideally, we should have parted ways with him as soon as Giuntoli arrived. New DS, new coach. It would have made the most sense.
And if Allegro had his way this season too, Lukaku would be playing for us right now. Even Giuntoli confirmed it publicly.

Imagine sacrificing a player who's only growing in stature for a washed up lumbering oaf. It would've resulted in another huge financial disaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 142)