out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I've missed handful of games since 96 actually.

You're missing the point however. As always.
Sure there were terrible players with us in serie b. But there were players who'd walk into our starting 11 today.
The point is that this team isn't great. It's good enough for now. But needs to get significantly better if we're supposed to compete with Inter, or in the cl.
For Allegri to secure 2nd place with this team, is a job well done.
Yeah bullshit,
No the point is you claim this is the worst Juventus side including and post Serie B era, if you really missed a handful of games since 1996 either you're blind, stupid or a mix of both.
you speak as if 2nd place is a certainty yet we look anything but certain, by the end of the month we could very easily lose 2nd place and be fighting to hold 3rd or 4th.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel so bad for Man City, Real Madrid, and to an extent Bayern Munich if they had a half decent coach.

Poor Liverpool and perhaps Arsenal stood no chance either

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah bullshit
No the point is you claim this is the worst Juventus side including and post Serie B era, if you really missed a handful of games since 1996 either you're blind, stupid or a mix of both.
Are you trying to tell me what point I was making?
That's the dumbest thing i've heard from you yet.
Yes this team is pretty bad. The worst since serie b. You could argue that there was time where our team was worse, but that would be missing the point.

You're only confirming your ignorance to me, if you're trying to minimise Inter's strength as a team.
It's beneath me.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bang your head too much about it.
You successfully show us how little you know about football every day!
That's funny :lol2: coming from you

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Are you trying to tell me what point I was making?
That's the dumbest thing i've heard from you yet.
Yes this team is pretty bad. The worst since serie b. You could argue that there was time where our team was worse, but that would be missing the point.

You're only confirming your ignorance to me, if you're trying to minimise Inter's strength as a team.
It's beneath me.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the one who wouldn't even understand it.
speak for yourself :lol:

I mean lets not forget the amazing Poulsen, Melo, Almiron, Tiago era... oh they were a class above our current midfield weren't they?

Lets not forget how amazing Amauri and Krasic were over the likes of Vlahovic and Chiesa. Damn that Armand Traore and De Ceglie down the left hand side too, did damage that Filip Kostic could only dream of performing.

So yeah... Handful of games missed in 28 years apparently... Hopefully you'll miss the next 28 because you might as well if you think Pessotto was an integral part of that Serie B season...

Minimise inter's strengths.... or are you minimising Man City's, Liverpool and Real Madrid's? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

How do you compare our squad versus inter squad?
I mean how can you compare an already retired, near paralysed Pessotto in 2006 to anyone?

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
speak for yourself

I mean lets not forget the amazing Poulsen, Melo, Almiron, Tiago era... oh they were a class above our current midfield weren't they?

Lets not forget how amazing Amauri and Krasic were over the likes of Vlahovic and Chiesa. Damn that Armand Traore and De Ceglie down the left hand side too, did damage that Filip Kostic could only dream of performing.

So yeah... Handful of games missed in 28 years apparently... Hopefully you'll miss the next 28 because you might as well if you think Pessotto was an integral part of that Serie B season...

Minimise inter's strengths.... or are you minimising Man City's, Liverpool and Real Madrid's?
It's crazy how your perception of time changes when you get older.

Juventus between 2007-2011 was awful. We had horrible teams. And it felt like ages, like we'd never get out of that hole.

Now we've been doing nothing since 2020 and it seems like yesterday.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's crazy how your perception of time changes when you get older.

Juventus between 2007-2011 was awful. We had horrible teams. And it felt like ages, like we'd never get out of that hole.

Now we've been doing nothing since 2020 and it seems like yesterday.
2007-11 were horrible yes but they were by no means better than today's team.

Jun 27, 2011
speak for yourself :lol:

So yeah... Handful of games missed in 28 years apparently... Hopefully you'll miss the next 28 because you might as well.
Again... a miserable attempt to avoid the obvious point.
You wanna turn this into a player by player comparison between this team of ours, and our teams since serie b? We can do that if you want.

You mention Poulsen. That team included Del Piero, Buffon, Hasan, Nedved, Trezeguet, Camaronesi, Marchisio etc.
You mention Melo. That team included Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Del Piero, Quagliarella, Marchisio.
You mention Almiron. That team included Buffon, Chiellini, Camaronesi, Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet, Hasan.

Then you completely dumb over yourself by mentioning Amauri without realising that that's my point.

You're not really good at this are you.
Also, was that supposed to be an insult? lol

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Again... a miserable attempt to avoid the obvious point.
You wanna turn this into a player by player comparison between this team of ours, and our teams since serie b? We can do that if you want.

You mention Poulsen. That team included Del Piero, Buffon, Hasan, Nedved, Trezeguet, Camaronesi, Marchisio etc.
You mention Melo. That team included Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Del Piero, Quagliarella, Marchisio.
You mention Almiron. That team included Buffon, Chiellini, Camaronesi, Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet, Hasan.

Then you completely dumb over yourself by mentioning Amauri without realising that that's my point.

You're not really good at this are you.

Was that supposed to be an insult? lol
Oh fucking please... Trezeguet was literally retired and could no longer hold his own at the highest level by the time Poulsen arrived, same with Nedved. Hasan? Hasan is better than who exactly?? He was a utility player then, he'd hardly walk into today's team. Marchisio was no better under Delneri and Ranieri than Miretti is today, in fact Marchisio didn't turn good till Conte properly coached him

Say tell me how was Pessotto for you in 2006?

realising what point of yours? Amauri was one of our biggest signings back then of course he's relevant, excuse me if it doesn't agree with your imagination.

You should know this, you hardly missed a game in nearly 30 years after all...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
Oh fucking please... Trezeguet was literally retired by the time Poulsen arrived, same with Nedved. Hasan? Hasan is better than who exactly?? He was a utility player then, he'd hardly walk into today's team. Marchisio was no better under Delneri and Ranieri than Miretti is today, in fact Marchisio didn't turn good till Conte properly coached him

Say tell me how was Pessotto for you in 2006?

realising what point of yours? Amauri was one of our biggest signings back then of course he's relevant, excuse me if it doesn't agree with your imagination.
What imagination? You're the one trying to convince me that this team is so much better than what I compared it with. Mostly because you wanted to avoid discussing the point I was making about Allegri. Then you failed miserably by belittling those teams, suggesting Amauri was somehow a terrible player, while suggesting Vlahovic's greatness. You've failed pretty miserably at that.

We've had terrible teams in the past. And that's my point.
This team isn't any better than those terrible teams we've had in the past.
At least back then we had some world class talents in-between. Now less so.

Now stay on topic for once. If you're capable, or an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

was Pessotto in that 2007-11 team too? Maybe we still had Jugovic and Di Livio bossing the midfield then
Childish. As 85% of your comments.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What imagination? You're the one trying to convince me that this team is so much better than what I compared it with. Mostly because you wanted to avoid discussing the point I was making about Allegri. Then you failed miserably by belittling those teams, suggesting Amauri was somehow a terrible player, while suggesting Vlahovic's greatness. You've failed pretty miserably at that.

We've had terrible teams in the past. And that's my point.
This team isn't any better than those terrible teams we've had in the past.
At least back then we had some world class talents in-between. Now less so.

Now stay on topic for once.
Wait so you're suggesting that Amauri wasn't terrible? Vlahovic is going to be a far better player if he isn't already than Amauri ever was.

World class talents, who exactly was a world class talent between 2006 - 2011? At a push I can only name Marchisio but even so he was terrible under del neri and ranieri. Palladino, Lanzafame, Giovinco didnt even come close.

Right now I'd go as far to say Yildiz is a potential world class talent, Soule possibly, Huijsen too just to name a few so again I'd argue we have more world class talent if not at least greater pool of players with better potential than anything we've had post 2006. Again less excuse for Allegri's lack of 'talent' at his disposal as you claim.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm not sure what your point is.

Because I agree. Our team now is better. But our position in the league reflects that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
The point is there's a certain individual who believes Allegri deserves praise for taking this current team which is supposedly the worst team since 2006 to 2nd place, when many sensible people like yourself know that this is not true and that the current team by no means as bad as it made out to be for the sake of making Allegri look like some sort of magician of 'overachieving' and performing miracles this current group of hacks

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The point is there's a certain individual who believes Allegri deserves praise for taking this current team which is supposedly the worst team since 2006 to 2nd place, when many sensible people like yourself know that this is not true and that the current team by no means as bad as it made out to be for the sake of making Allegri look like some sort of magician of 'overachieving' and performing miracles this current group of hacks
Yeah, that's true.

One could say we had Del Piero, Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Nedved back then. But truth is they were over the hill (with the notable exception of Del Piero's 2007-08 season).

And apart from them we had guys who shouldn't have been anywhere near a club like Juventus. I'm sure there's plenty to criticise Alex Sandro for, but the man has more talent in his little right toe than Molinaro.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, that's true.

One could say we had Del Piero, Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Nedved back then. But truth is they were over the hill (with the notable exception of Del Piero's 2007-08 season).

And apart from them we had guys who shouldn't have been anywhere near a club like Juventus. I'm sure there's plenty to criticise Alex Sandro for, but the man has more talent in his little right toe than Molinaro.

True, I still shudder at the thought of Grygera and Zebina, even Cannavaro (2nd spell) and Grosso give me cold sweats compared to what we have today.

Jun 27, 2011
Wait so you're suggesting that Amauri wasn't terrible? Vlahovic is going to be a far better player if he isn't already than Amauri ever was.

World class talents, who exactly was a world class talent between 2006 - 2011? At a push I can only name Marchisio but even so he was terrible under del neri and ranieri. Palladino, Lanzafame, Giovinco didnt even come close.
My point is that this team of ours, isn't much better than those teams.
We're at pretty much the same level today as we were during those years.
At least then we had Del Piero, Buffon, Nedved before he retired. We had young and talented players like Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio etc. Who hadn't become great yet.
Just as we have now Yildiz, Miretti, Fagioli and Cambiaso etc.

We could go on and on about this, comparing teams. But it's dumb.
I said this is our worst team since serie b. I as I told you, I haven't missed a lot of matches. I'm confident in that assumption.
You could probably find a year or two where i'd agree with you, that our team today is better, but that would be beside the point.

The point is. We ended up being 7th 10/11
Allegri has done a very good job in my opinion, securing (hopefully) 2nd place, with this team.
A team that isn't much better than the team Del Neri had.

If you want to keep comparing teams. We can do so. If that's what you want to keep doing.
In another thread.

- - - Updated - - -

True, I still shudder at the thought of Grygera and Zebina, even Cannavaro (2nd spell) and Grosso give me cold sweats compared to what we have today.
I do as well.
But to suggest that Grygera and Zebina were somehow a lot worse than Gatti or Weah isn't right.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
My point is that this team of ours, isn't much better than those teams.
We're at pretty much the same level today as we were during those years.

At least then we had Del Piero, Buffon, Nedved before he retired. We had young and talented players like Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio etc. Who hadn't become great yet.
Just as we have now Yildiz, Miretti, Fagioli and Cambiaso etc.

We could go on and on about this, comparing teams. But it's dumb.
I said this is our worst team since serie b. I as I told you, I haven't missed a lot of matches. I'm confident in that assumption.
You could probably find a year or two where i'd agree with you, that our team today is better, but that would be beside the point.

The point is. We ended up being 7th 10/11
Allegri has done a very good job in my opinion, securing (hopefully) 2nd place, with this team.
A team that isn't much better than the team Del Neri had.

If you want to keep comparing teams. We can do so. If that's what you want to keep doing.
In another thread.
No no no you're changing your story now, you said this isn't that much better than any team we've had since 2006

then you're saying it is the worst than any team since 2006

What the fuck is it then??? Either way it doesn't even matter, your points are completely dumbfounded, we finished 7th in those years for a reason... It really was a shit team, just as the current team won't finish 7th because they're not bad enough to finish that low.

You even had the audacity to claim that Amauri wasn't even terrible

Fact of the matter is, there is no comparing this team to any team between 2006-2011 it doesn't even come remotely close, and for someone who arrogantly claimed to have hardly missed any games in 28 years have proven to me otherwise, as if the bit where you said Pessotto in 2006 was integral to that Serie B team, despite having been a back up player in 2005 under Capello, then retiring when we went to Serie B.

No I'm sorry to say the only point you have proven is you really haven't watched Juve for as long as you claim, and any point you had of Allegri being some miracle worker working wonders with this supposedly worst team in 18 years, when our current league position is far more precarious than you think.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 77)