out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Net spending (in vs out) is the ONLY way to look at this if you want to compare. So no we did not spent more than those other teams.
We did, we did spend more. Spending = expenditure.

We also did receive more money for the sales we did, and I even broke it down for you in that regard. We had fringe players that we sold who brought in good cash. Milan had to let go of key players (Rumma, Kessie) for free. Had they received some money (in vs out) would that have made them "spend less" then to defend your statement?

Juve spend the most and we managed to finance that with selling mostly fringe players, except for De Ligt more or less. So reality is far from what you tried to say in your original post. Thats the end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We did, we did spend more. Spending = expenditure.

We also did receive more money for the sales we did, and I even broke it down for you in that regard. We had fringe players that we sold who brought in cash. Milan let go of key players for free. Had they received some money (in vs out) would that have made them "spend less" then?

Juve spend the most and we managed to finance that with selling mostly fringe players, except for De Ligt more or less. So reality is far from what you tried to say in your original post. Thats the end.
You can spend hundreds of millions in players. If you sell them again the next day, you have a net spend of zero and zero extra players but you've spent the most so you must be the strongest in the league #singuslogic

You broke it down but you don't understand the numbers. We sold more because we had less spending power at that time. The end.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
You can spend hundreds of millions in players. If you sell them again the next day, you have a net spend of zero and zero extra players. Then you must be the strongest in the league #singuslogic
I did the favor for you to break it down. But you didnt bother look at it or you ignore that, to try to defend your wrong statement.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I did the favor for you to break it down. But you didnt bother look at it or you ignore that, to try to defend your wrong statement.
We had to sell more to compensate our incoming transfers. Not that hard to understand instead of using a completely unrepresentative number.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
We had to sell more to compensate our incoming transfers. Not that hard to understand instead of using a completely unrepresentative number.
Im replying to this one now, after you changed your point 3 times. I see it is hard for you to be corrected:

Robee:
"And we weren't that at all in the last few seasons which is why our transfer spendings were really low and we let go of players like Dybala, De Ligt, etc."

Juve
Expenditure: 340
Balance: -102

Milan
Expenditure: 270
Balance: -183

Napoli
Expenditure: 208
Balance: 18

Inter
Expenditure: 184
Balance: -173

Our spendings were the highest. But we also sold for more value than Milan.
If we had spent 80m less during those 3 years, we would have the same balance as Milan.

So we are basically tied with Milan here.

But while we sold fringe players (Bentancur, Kulu, Zakaria and others) for large sums (bringing up our earnings), Milan earned less money on their sales, but most of those were starters. They simply had a less valuable squad player for player most likely. AND they let go of Donnarumma and Kessie for free. 2 irreplaceable players for them.
So its not the case that Juve simply sold our best players and just replaced them.

I already accounted for this, and its there for everybody to evaluate.

---

Overall Allegri has had plenty opportunity to shape the squad as he wants, during his time here, if he had any influence.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
All this rubbish here and no one can comment on the fact we were using Danilo as a hybrid CB DM like Emre Can vs Atletico.

Positive movement for the attack. Miretti was almost like RW and gave Cambiaso space to overlap at times.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If we had spent 80m less during those 3 years, we would have the same balance as Milan.

:marc: Ooh man, it's worse than I thought. Simply cancelling out 80m like peanuts. I'm out :D

We also lost Buffon, Chiellini, Dybala and Cristiano fucking Ronaldo for like 17m combined if you forgot. All fringe players ofc.

Last edited:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Im replying to this one now, after you changed your point 3 times. I see it is hard for you to be corrected:

Our spendings were the highest. But we also sold for more value than Milan.

I'm so lost.

How does them net spending 80m more than us and Inter net spending 70m more than us make us basically equal?

You talk of "change your point" to Robee but your original point was that we SPENT more than them. We didn't. Your own post now proves as much. You're acting like the ONLY way to look at it is using Expenditure but it is very common to refer to a transfer balance where sales balance out expenditures and thus create less total spend. Incoming revenue balancing outgoing expenses to find a final total plus/negative balance is pretty common, yes?

That was Robee's original point and he hasn't moved from it. Then you post evidence and numbers that literally prove what he's saying and you're acting like he's being dumb. You either misunderstood his original point (which your post later PROVED his original point was correct) or you're purposely talking passed him now because you can't admit you misunderstood his original point.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'm so lost.

How does them net spending 80m more than us and Inter net spending 70m more than us make us basically equal?

You talk of "change your point" to Robee but your original point was that we SPENT more than them. We didn't. Your own post now proves as much. You're acting like the ONLY way to look at it is using Expenditure but it is very common to refer to a transfer balance where sales balance out expenditures and thus create less total spend. Incoming revenue balancing outgoing expenses to find a final total plus/negative balance is pretty common, yes?

That was Robee's original point and he hasn't moved from it. Then you post evidence and numbers that literally prove what he's saying and you're acting like he's being dumb. You either misunderstood his original point (which your post later PROVED his original point was correct) or you're purposely talking passed him now because you can't admit you misunderstood his original point.
I can’t see who and what you’re replying to, but net spend is such a regarded way to look at squad quality. Only a complete moron would say we didn’t have an amazing transfer season in 2011 because our net spend was super low.

What matters is the quality of players coming in or going out. Only a nincompoop would argue that we got better because in 2021 because we spent more money on buying Moise Kean than we gained by selling Ronaldo.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Robee: "our transfer spendings were really low".

Reality: They are either top or top 3 in Italy. Thats what my posts showed. So how is top1 or top3 "really low" ?
Thats what made me post the numbers.

We bought and we sold more than Milan. We had more players to sell for value and we did so, while Milan lost top players of theirs for free, if you look through the transfer history of the last 3 years.

Thats enough, thats end of discussion for me.

And I see in my last post I made a wrong formulation here.
"If we had spent 80m less during those 3 years, we would have the same balance as Milan."

But my point stands except for that. We had top1-3 spendings and we managed to sell fringe players not wanted mostly.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I can’t see who and what you’re replying to, but net spend is such a regarded way to look at squad quality. Only a complete moron would say we didn’t have an amazing transfer season in 2011 because our net spend was super low.

What matters is the quality of players leaving in our out. Only a nincompoop would argue that we got better because in 2021 because we spent more money on buying Moise Kean than we did by selling Ronaldo.
It's not even that. It's just singus talking passed Robee because he misunderstood Robee originally and now can't admit he misunderstood him so he has to act like the conversation was about something else.

Robee's original point was that WHILE WE OUTSPENT Milan and Inter, we balanced that spending with sales better so that our NET incoming versus outgoing transfer spending was closer to even than both of them and thus more sustainable.

singus misunderstood this to mean that Robee was arguing we spent LESS than Milan or Inter in total cost of transfers, regardless of what we sold to balance those transfer windows. And thus, Robee is an idiot because its so clear we spent more money than them.

Once it became clear about 2-3 posts ago that Robee never meant that, singus has instead had to act like that was the original point all along instead of Robee's original point that we BALANCED our purchases with sales to SPEND LESS TOTAL than those two clubs.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

What matters is the quality of players coming in or going out. Only a nincompoop would argue that we got better because in 2021 because we spent more money on buying Moise Kean than we did by selling Ronaldo.
Of course it doesn't resemble quality. Why else would games have to be played? We were responding to the guys who said we were still the dominant financial force on the peninsula in recent years.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's not even that. It's just singus talking passed Robee because he misunderstood Robee originally and now can't admit he misunderstood him so he has to act like the conversation was about something else.

Robee's original point was that WHILE WE OUTSPENT Milan and Inter, we balanced that spending with sales better so that our NET incoming versus outgoing transfer spending was closer to even than both of them and thus more sustainable.

singus misunderstood this to mean that Robee was arguing we spent LESS than Milan or Inter in total cost of transfers, regardless of what we sold to balance those transfer windows. And thus, Robee is an idiot because its so clear we spent more money than them.

Once it became clear about 2-3 posts ago that Robee never meant that, singus has instead had to act like that was the original point all along instead of Robee's original point that we BALANCED our purchases with sales to SPEND LESS TOTAL than those two clubs.
Thats what happens when you start with a conclusion and work your way backwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it doesn't resemble quality. Why else would games have to be played? We were responding to the guys who said we were still the dominant financial force on the peninsula in recent years.
That makes their arguments even dumber.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:marc: Ooh man, it's worse than I thought. Simply cancelling out 80m like peanuts. I'm out :D

We also lost Buffon, Chiellini, Dybala and Cristiano fucking Ronaldo for like 17m combined if you forgot. All fringe players ofc.
But he gets it completely ass backwards. Assuming his figures are right, Juve would have had to spend 80 mil more to match Milan’s net spend during that period. And he says “if we had spent 80 mil less, we would have the same balance as Milan.” Pretty sure that means we would now have 160mil less net spend, not the same. :lol:

singus

Sep 22, 2020

Not exactly true, but I understand you would like it to look like that. I understood Robee's original post as him saying we were not a financial powerhouse and that our spendings were really low. I made that clear from the beginning. And the numbers show we didnt spend just a little, we were Top3 most spending club in italy, nomatter how you measure it.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Not exactly true, but I understand you would like it to look like that. I understood Robee's original post as him saying we were not a financial powerhouse and that our spendings were really low. I made that clear from the beginning. And the numbers show we didnt spend just a little, we were Top3 most spending club in italy, nomatter how you measure it.
Yeah, it needed the word 'net' for dumb folks who don't understand spendings in itself don't reflect financial strength. My bad to assume anyone with half a brain would understand, especially after clarifying in the next 37 posts.

With that out of the way, can we now agree the other two had more financial power than us in recent years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 575)