out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 27, 2011
btw these 3 teams we played recently have the 3 worst defenses in the league. let's consider these 4 games against them as confidence builders. neither of these wins were unexpected, the league game against salernitana was way more difficult than it should have been, it still was a nice run

and all of that is worthless without a win away at lecce
You're right. We're doing nothing extraordinary. But our consistency is above expectation. There's no denying that our team keeps looking better and better. And we have every reason to be optimistic.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Damn, maybe we should start to believe in the scudetto?

I still don't think we're good enough to win the league but you never know...

I hope Vlahovic continues his good form so that we cash in on him big next summer. As much as I am a fan and will continue backing him, that €12M wages are unsustainable at this point.

Giuntoli has a big job on his hands next summer.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
In 2008/09 Ranieri was fired for 74 point finish with a 50/50 team of golden oldies and mediocre players and everyone thought that season was a disappointment. Allegri is a master of lowering standards, winning isnt important, top4 is all that matters
The banter era we landed in, exactly proved we were in the same boat then. So what's the point here exactly?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The banter era we landed in, exactly proved we were in the same boat then. So what's the point here exactly?
My point is 70 or 72 or 74 points is not an acceptable finish for a team that's the financial powerhouse of the league, it's just not, you can't finish with a similar tally to teams that have 20% or 50% of resources you have and be content.

It can be down to multitude of things and different kind of changes can follow - brutal restructuring of the squad, change of coach, change of sporting director -, but it's not a decent result.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
My point is 70 or 72 or 74 points is not an acceptable finish for a team that's the financial powerhouse of the league, it's just not, you can't finish with a similar tally to teams that have 20% or 50% of resources you have and be content.

It can be down to multitude of things and different kind of changes can follow - brutal restructuring of the squad, change of coach, change of sporting director -, but it's not a decent result.
Our economy is in shambles and will be for quite some time because of several years of management clusterfucks.

My point being; our revenue numbers mean nothing for Allegri. Its january, the team lacks quality in several positions and we’re signing a borderline freebie from Lille as our only addition.

Luckily we have a coach who knows how to utilize youth - Yildiz and Cambiasso have been particularly impressive for us, and have filled key vacancies to help us perform on this lvl.

Gatti can be amusing, but fact is he has been playing regularly in the 2nd best defence in Serie A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Im surprised it only took 2 pages in this thread of trolling and touching each others peckers, after the Sasso win, to get back to normal. But I guess thats one way of celebrating Juve.

Allegri for me, is still a clear STREET. Playing confidently (not cowardly) against actual football teams (Inter, Milan, Roma, Napoli, Atalanta) is for me a better measure of progress and potential, than having found a way of winning against sides with players we have never heard of before. Thats the minimum expectation.
If he manages to maintain a positive attitude, confidence and ambition against those "top teams" and win Serie A, then I would be less against him getting his final season instead of the can.

But honestly, who are these teams? Its pure dogshit. Good to see we can finally smash most of these. Hope it continues for the next 18 games.

1705485880304.png

- - - Updated - - -

This is our next opponent:
1705486782935.png

There are 7 teams worse than them in Serie A. Wtf is this :lol2:

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

And we weren't that at all in the last few seasons which is why our transfer spendings were really low and we let go of players like Dybala, De Ligt, etc.

On the contrary; our high payroll hurt us more than we benefitted from it. How people keep ignoring that is beyond me.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
And we weren't that at all in the last few seasons which is why our transfer spendings were really low and we let go of players like Dybala, De Ligt, etc.

On the contrary; our high payroll hurt us more than we benefitted from it. How people keep ignoring that is beyond me.
but we are, we have the highest revenue in the league and no one bar Inter is even remotely close to ours, how we spend it is our choice and we make those choices every year. after Pirlo's season or at the very latest after the first Allegri season the obvious solution was to rescind every massively overpaid fucker and cut our losses, with time we'd have finances to build a healthy squad. that's one of the reasons I dislike Allegri as manager - he pushed to keep Tek, played Sandro till he got renewed, requested experienced heads and got Paredes, Pogba, di Maria and I've no doubt he'll continue to weigh in negatively in our rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

Our economy is in shambles and will be for quite some time because of several years of management clusterfucks.

My point being; our revenue numbers mean nothing for Allegri. Its january, the team lacks quality in several positions and we’re signing a borderline freebie from Lille as our only addition.

Luckily we have a coach who knows how to utilize youth - Yildiz and Cambiasso have been particularly impressive for us, and have filled key vacancies to help us perform on this lvl.

Gatti can be amusing, but fact is he has been playing regularly in the 2nd best defence in Serie A.
Of course they do, he can request useless hacks like Paredes and the club has spare 15m/season to throw away. Would not happen at Atalanta or Napoli

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
but we are, we have the highest revenue in the league and no one bar Inter is even remotely close to ours, how we spend it is our choice and we make those choices every year. after Pirlo's season or at the very latest after the first Allegri season the obvious solution was to rescind every massively overpaid fucker and cut our losses, with time we'd have finances to build a healthy squad. that's one of the reasons I dislike Allegri as manager - he pushed to keep Tek, played Sandro till he got renewed, requested experienced heads and got Paredes, Pogba, di Maria and I've no doubt he'll continue to weigh in negatively in our rebuild.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they do, he can request useless hacks like Paredes and the club has 15m/season to throw away. Would not happen at Atalanta or Napoli
Revenue means jack shit. We had depths, too big a payroll and UEFA/FFP fucked us sideways.

Rescinding their contracts is never the option. That means paying every penny and getting nothing in return. Right now we're way past those oldies (which was indeed a mistake) but people keep on dwelling on the past, yet again.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Revenue means jack shit. We had depths, too big a payroll and UEFA/FFP fucked us sideways.

Rescinding their contracts is never the option. That means paying every penny and getting nothing in return. Right now we're way past those oldies (which was indeed a mistake) but people keep on dwelling on the past, yet again.
We rescinded Ramsey, didn't pay every penny and he was by far the most hopeless of all of the overpaid bums we had. Of course it's an option.

Regarding being past it - does it make sense to you? We still have the largest wage bill in Serie A. Either it's still fucked and our squad sucks or our squad doesn't suck and the wage bill is adequate, it cant be both.

singus

Sep 22, 2020

How come last 3 years transfer summary look like this?

Juve
Expenditure: 340
Balance: -102

Milan
Expenditure: 270
Balance: -183

Napoli
Expenditure: 208
Balance: 18

Inter
Expenditure: 184
Balance: -173

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
How come last 3 years transfer summary look like this?

Juve
Expenditure: 340
Balance: -102

Milan
Expenditure: 270
Balance: -183

Napoli
Expenditure: 208
Balance: 18

Inter
Expenditure: 184
Balance: -173
I see 2 out of those 3 teams spent more net, idd.

- - - Updated - - -

We rescinded Ramsey, didn't pay every penny and he was by far the most hopeless of all of the overpaid bums we had. Of course it's an option.

Regarding being past it - does it make sense to you? We still have the largest wage bill in Serie A. Either it's still fucked and our squad sucks or our squad doesn't suck and the wage bill is adequate, it cant be both.
Ramsey was indeed an exception because he had zero leverage as he simply was injured all the time. Players like Alex Sandro etc. would never ever simply rescind a contract like that. It's basic logic.

Of course our squad is still not up to par but the wage bill (and age) went down massively. We're on the right track for a rebuild. I'm not the one saying it's all rainbows and sunshine, neither all doom and gloom.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ramsey was indeed an exception because he had zero leverage as he simply was injured all the time. Players like Alex Sandro etc. would never ever simply rescind a contract like that. It's basic logic.
Over the years we've terminated Marchisio, Matuidi, Higuain, Ramsey and gazillion others in our darker years, Ramsey is no exception. And his injuries actually took away the only viable leverage a club has - to permanently bench the player and thus end his career.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I see 2 out of those 3 teams spent more net, idd.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course our squad is still not up to par but the wage bill (and age) went down massively. We're on the right track for a rebuild. I'm not the one saying it's all rainbows and sunshine, neither all doom and gloom.
We clearly spent the most money on the market, its not even a question. You said our spendings were very low, and you're clearly proven wrong.

If you want to change your argument and look into who we let go of compared to other teams, then I can tell you that Milan let go of these players, and many of them for free. Whereas the players we let go of for free, where +36yo.

- Tonali
- Kessie
- Romagnoli
- Rebic
- Saelemaekers
- Çalhanoğlu
- Donnarumma

We have let go of:

- Melo
- Dybala
- Kulu
- Bentancur
- De Ligt
- Demirel
- Zakaria
- Ronaldo

Mostly because we couldnt use these, besides Ligt.

So the argument that we (even during our most poor period) isnt dominating the transfer market in Italy, is clearly wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 56, Guests: 748)