out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Simple question: To those still guzzling his cum, are we just going to forget the embarrassment of the last two seasons?

Also, Chiesa and Yildiz should play together - you play your best players. Period.
Last season wasn't an ambarrassment on the field overall. Yes, there certainly were moments of those but we got a half decent result in the end with literally all the circumstances against us. It should more or less be a half full/half empty debate instead of this all-or-nothing nonsense.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 27, 2011
Nothing speaks more about our underachieving than Milan and Inter both reaching the UCL semi-finals in the same year we crashed out to Haifa in the group stages. That alone will go down as one of the most shameful periods in recent times. Calling it an embarrassment would be an understatement. Dismissing and downplaying it as a 'works in progress' season or whatever is pure denialism and idiocy. So much cope.
Right. Speaks volume about how good of a job Allegri has done imo. He took over a team that didn't know how to play. We were a total mess.
Now we're cohesive, mentally strong, and barely conceding. Things are looking promising again.

There's a difference between looking at things subjectively and objectively. We haven't won Champinos League since 96. Yet you act like we should do it every year, and it's some kind of stratospheric failure if we don't do it every year. Totally ignoring the reality we're living in. Speaking of delusions.

I'm no particular fan of Allegri. I just recognize the fact that he's done a good job for us. His win ratio is bar none. And so far, this stint, he's showing me that he's steadying the ship. The results are coming back. We'll be ready for Champions League soon enough if we continue like this.

That is, if we don't make a u-turn, and fall back to some kind of experiment that nearly destroyed the club.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Last season wasn't an ambarrassment on the field overall. Yes, there certainly were moments of those but we got a half decent result in the end with literally all the circumstances against us. It should more or less be a half full/half empty debate instead of this all-or-nothing nonsense.
72 point league season + CL group stage exit isn't a half decent result for Juventus, I think you've mistaken us for Roma

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
In my opinion, it was an embarrassment. I could be wrong, but so could you. It depends on what expectations you have and your perspective on the matter.

For me, a 4th place finish, losing to newly promoted Monza twice, getting hammered by Napoli (worst result in Serie A in over 30 years), and embarking on our worst ever CL campaign is grounds for labeling something as an embarrassment.

Jun 27, 2011
In my opinion, it was an embarrassment. I could be wrong, but so could you. It depends on what expectations you have and your perspective on the matter.

For me, a 4th place finish, losing to newly promoted Monza twice, getting hammered by Napoli (worst result in Serie A in over 30 years), and embarking on our worst ever CL campaign is grounds for labeling something as an embarrassment.
Valid opinion.

In my opinion, what was embarrassing was being dragged into all the bullshit that was happening off the field. You're right. Under normal circumstances these results would be considered embarrassing. But at the same time, it was an achievement that we were showing up for games and even competing when points didn't really matter. Securing Champions League was a job well done considering everything. Which didn't even count in the end.

Aug 27, 2023
Last year was pure embarrassment on and off (thanks to Tici) the field. Except beating merda twice everything else was shit.
And it's not glass half full/half empty debate...it's glass full of shit debate.

This year? It's different, better...If Serie Ass referees would make right calls we would be on top right now.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Right. Speaks volume about how good of a job Allegri has done imo. He took over a team that didn't know how to play. We were a total mess.
Now we're cohesive, mentally strong, and barely conceding. Things are looking promising again.

There's a difference between looking at things subjectively and objectively. We haven't won Champinos League since 96. Yet you act like we should do it every year, and it's some kind of stratospheric failure if we don't do it every year. Totally ignoring the reality we're living in. Speaking of delusions.

I'm no particular fan of Allegri. I just recognize the fact that he's done a good job for us. His win ratio is bar none. And so far, this stint, he's showing me that he's steadying the ship. The results are coming back. We'll be ready for Champions League soon enough if we continue like this.

That is, if we don't make a u-turn, and fall back to some kind of experiment that nearly destroyed the club.
How does it speak volumes about how "good of a job" Allegri has done when he performed worse than his predecessor that year? We were breaking one negative record after another. Our rock bottom didn't happen under Pirlo, it happened under him. By "steading the ship" in reality what youre talking about is steadying it from the instability he largely contributed to in the first place. Thats why I called it a correction phase. We are only progressing relative to the season prior. He is merely cancelling out the errors of that campaign. Yet at the crux of it, nothing has changed since the Sarri-Pirlo years, we are still far below where we are expected to be, and he has failed to meet his objectives. And you parade it around like he's acheived something and that hes the second coming of god knows who.

In case you needed a reminder about those records, here they are:

• Scored more than 1 Goal only 6 times in 27 games.
  • Juventus went trophyless for the 1st time in 10 years under Allegri
  • Juventus also had their worst point tally in 10 years (only 70 points) in 21/22 under Allegri
  • Juventus ended the season without winning any game by more than 2 goals for the 1st time in 50 years under Allegri
  • Juventus were knocked out of the Champions League group stage in the 1st time in 8 years under Allegri
  • Juventus had their WORST EVER start to a Champions League campaign under Allegri: 3 losses in the first 4 games for the 1st time ever
  • Juventus had 3 points from the 1st 5 Champions League group stage games for the 1st time ever, under Allegri
  • Juventus were knocked out of the Champions League group stage by the 5th round, for the 1st time ever under Allegri
  • Juventus lost 3 consecutive Champions League games for the 1st time ever under Allegri
  • Maccabi Haifa won their 1st ever Champions League game against Allegri's Juventus
  • Juventus had their biggest UCL loss since 1960 under Allegri (Chelsea 4-0 Juve)
  • Juventus lost a Serie A game by 5 goals for the 1st time since 1993 under Allegri (Napoli 5-1 Juve)
  • Juventus ended the 21-22 season without a single win against Inter, for the first time in 12 years
  • Juventus ended the 21-22 season being outscored by teams like Udinese, Verona, etc: Juve wasn't even in the top 10 in Serie A in terms of goals scored
  • Juventus ended the 22-23 season without a single win against Roma for the 1st time in 18 years
  • Juventus conceded 8 goals in 2 Serie A games for the 1st time time since 1988 (Napoli 5-1, Atalanta 3-3)
  • Juventus lost both the home and away games against the same Serie A team for the 1st time since 2013 (Monza)
  • Juventus conceded goals in 6 consecutive Champions League games
  • Juventus failed to win their 1st 3 Serie A away games for the 1st time since 1994.
  • Juve lost a game with a 4-goal difference for the 1st time since 2004 under Allegri (Chelsea 4-0)
  • Allegri started his 2nd spell at Juve by winning 15 points in the 1st 11 Serie A games; the worst Juve start since 2007/08
  • Juventus in 2 full seasons under Sarri & Pirlo: 17 defeats
  • Juventus in Allegri's first 68 games since his return to Juve: 18 defeats
If that doesn't make you embarrassed, then I don't know what will. You accuse me of putting words in your mouth but I don't recall anybody here expecting Madrid-style UCL dominance. It does become a "stratospheric failure" when the records above are accounted for. You might get away with this at Roma, but we are not Roma. This is inexcusable for any Juventus manager.

When Pirlo was fired for our 4th place finish (and rightfully so), I was pleased to see that the management weren't tolerating such low standards. I didn't think that they would go and rehire expired goods, and reward him/give him the benefit of the doubt for achieving comparatively worse.

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The results look very promising but I don't know if Allegri has 'redeemed' himself just yet.

The objective even before the season started was finishing top 4 and Allegro is exceeding expectations so far. We will obviously keep him for at least another year as long as the objective is met.

However, I believe that we're paying too much for a coach who is asked to do the bare minimum.

Unless he wins trophies, youngsters go on to become mainstays at the club, makes the team watchable not just for JJ fans but for neutrals as well, increasing market value of the players and the club in the process, I don't see why we should keep him beyond his contract expiry.

I understand that we lack leadership at the top and having a figurehead like Allegro brings stability but boy oh boy, we need to evolve as a club in so many different ways.

I have high hopes for Giuntoli. Marotta turned a dumpster fire club like Inter into a pretty attractive destination so strong leadership matters. Put Inzaghi in this JJ and he would be getting similar results to Allegro's previous two seasons.

Point being we can thrive and survive without Allegro. All we need is vision, leadership and 2-3 solid mercato's from Giuntoli.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Simple question: To those still guzzling his cum, are we just going to forget the embarrassment of the last two seasons?

Also, Chiesa and Yildiz should play together - you play your best players. Period.
How would you line that up? As a 4-3-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 ? Just thinking about a way to fit Vlahovic chiesa and Yildiz but not losing our stability at the back, as neither our defenders nor midfielders are good enough to cover

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2011
The results look very promising but I don't know if Allegri has 'redeemed' himself just yet.

The objective even before the season started was finishing top 4 and Allegro is exceeding expectations so far. We will obviously keep him for at least another year as long as the objective is met.

However, I believe that we're paying too much for a coach who is asked to do the bare minimum.

Unless he wins trophies, youngsters go on to become mainstays at the club, makes the team watchable not just for JJ fans but for neutrals as well, increasing market value of the players and the club in the process, I don't see why we should keep him beyond his contract expiry.

I understand that we lack leadership at the top and having a figurehead like Allegro brings stability but boy oh boy, we need to evolve as a club in so many different ways.

I have high hopes for Giuntoli. Marotta turned a dumpster fire club like Inter into a pretty attractive destination so strong leadership matters. Put Inzaghi in this JJ and he would be getting similar results to Allegro's previous two seasons.

Point being we can thrive and survive without Allegro. All we need is vision, leadership and 2-3 solid mercato's from Giuntoli.
It has taken us 2 years to get back to where we are now result wise. I think it'd be wise to give him couple of more years to see it through. We're going in the right direction, and I'd be scared to make a U-turn now, only to scrap everything that has been worked on for the past two years, and begin from scratch. Something that might work. Or it might not.

We have a good thing going. Momentum is increasing. If we finish this season with approx. 85 points or so, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't continue with Allegri.
The man has a better win percentage than both Trappatoni and Lippi. I don't think we should throw that away so lightly.

Unless we have some kind of Zidane situation waiting around the corner. I'm skeptical of changing as it is.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think "2 lost CL finals" is still getting used to justify why he is still here.

Are we really not better than "2 CL finals" in 7 seasons, where we spent more money than ever? Can 2 lost CL finals justify all the damage done the last 2 seasons + the seasons leading up to his justified shitcanning?

Scraping 1-0's against Frosinones, Empolis, Monzas this season + the 2 CL finals is all what people like @Patrizi is going on. All the loser comments coming out of the fraud during the last 3 years, worse than anything we ever heard Sarri and Del Neri utter, has been accepted as well.

To me its insane.

Were those 2 CL final seasons THAT impressive too? Did we beat and outclass all the top dogs to really justify all this torture of housing a jihadist that even disgusts the saudis?

1705405458772.png
1705405654779.png
You don't see what you're doing here? As long as you're entertaining yourself that's all that matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 230)