out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Even though he should've been gone, at this point imo he has earned another season.

However if we go into next season and end up with another embarrassment in Europe from him, he has to go.
Yeah he's super lucky to have still had the job, the combination of Covid era, punishments and what have you. He might have faded to obscurity in that universe. But at some point you say fair dues for what has been built this season. I'm sure others will disagree and say a monkey should be doing this with Juve, but joking aside it's not just putting an XI on the field there are complexities to coaching.

I'm convinced Bonucci leaving, even aside from his general shit relationship with Allegri, has helped a large degree with the atmosphere. And also being underdogs to Inter also creates a different dynamic to a squad compared to being expected to finish 1st every season. It's just a shame they've been so consistent and got most decisions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah he's super lucky to have still had the job, the combination of Covid era, punishments and what have you. He might have faded to obscurity in that universe. But at some point you say fair dues for what has been built this season. I'm sure others will disagree and say a monkey should be doing this with Juve, but joking aside it's not just putting an XI on the field there are complexities to coaching.

I'm convinced Bonucci leaving, even aside from his general shit relationship with Allegri, has helped a large degree with the atmosphere. And also being underdogs to Inter also creates a different dynamic to a squad compared to being expected to finish 1st every season. It's just a shame they've been so consistent and got most decisions.
Unbelievable how big of an effect this could possibly be :lol:. I can't help but wonder how that final against Madrid would've gone without him.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
In my opinion, it was an embarrassment. I could be wrong, but so could you. It depends on what expectations you have and your perspective on the matter.

For me, a 4th place finish, losing to newly promoted Monza twice, getting hammered by Napoli (worst result in Serie A in over 30 years), and embarking on our worst ever CL campaign is grounds for labeling something as an embarrassment.
Expectations is the key word here, yes. Given the squad last year and all circumstances I couldn't expect more than in Serie A than a CL place finish... Who cares about individual games. Every team has those, in almost any season.
CL was a disappointment, yes. But we weren't build to go far anyway so there's little point in dwelling too hard on it.

- - - Updated - - -

72 point league season + CL group stage exit isn't a half decent result for Juventus, I think you've mistaken us for Roma
You can't fight father time. Last season was 22-23, not 16-17. We were broke, battled from all sides and had a shitty squad. So like B81 rightly said so; it's all about expectations. This Juve is not what it once was. That will take time, if ever...

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You can't fight father time. Last season was 22-23, not 16-17. We were broke, battled from all sides and had a shitty squad. So like B81 rightly said so; it's all about expectations. This Juve is not what it once was. That will take time, if ever...
In 2008/09 Ranieri was fired for 74 point finish with a 50/50 team of golden oldies and mediocre players and everyone thought that season was a disappointment. Allegri is a master of lowering standards, winning isnt important, top4 is all that matters

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In 2008/09 Ranieri was fired for 74 point finish with a 50/50 team of golden oldies and mediocre players and everyone thought that season was a disappointment. Allegri is a master of lowering standards, winning isnt important, top4 is all that matters
He was fired before that, after a series of defeats when a top 4 was in jeopardy.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Right, 68 points with 2 rounds to go or smth like that. Doesnt change my point, the fact that we're no longer a contender in Europe doesnt mean we should accept 70ish point seasons as a decent result lol
let's add some context to the evaluation

ranieri had a full squad and no turmoil around the club. i still think that firing him was a mistake. but it was a regular, normal season like any other, without major unexpected events. it just didn't go our way

last season was a complete mess from the moment the management resigned. no point in overanalyzing it, not a single team could have managed a similar season without underwhelming results. look at the games we played after the two point deductions. 1 point in 2 games iirc, could have been two losses too.

remember when in pirlo's season napoli didn't show up, we got the points, napoli appealed, they won, we got those 3 points deducted and lost to fiorentina 3-0 at home? first league loss during that season iirc. and that wasn't a rookie squad, it had mostly experienced players

imo you have to split last season into two parts. the first part was unacceptable, the second part was unassessable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 83, Guests: 602)