out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
2nd place and a strong second half of the season is fine for me this year.

I know we should be aiming for trophies but we aren't capable of winning the scudetto, look at that squad. Plus Napoli would have to have a huge and completely unexpected drop. I know they typically do but I don't see it happening this year.

Getting Chiesa back in form and healthy, playing the youngsters and a feeling that we are building something in terms of performances/form for next season is a good second half of the season given where we are. Milan basically won their scudetto off the back of the momentum they built in the previous season.
I think we have a very strong squad that should have been playing far better from the beginning of the season. But we havent like so many times in the last few years and we seem to be always catching up, then hoping the next season we would build upon. It has to end at some point. If Napoli racks up 100 pts this season, sure. Gg and move on. But I have a feeling they could slow down a bit, especially before and after the CL games. To me there is no guarantee that next season we would start any better under Max.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think we have a very strong squad that should have been playing far better from the beginning of the season. But we havent like so many times in the last few years and we seem to be always catching up, then hoping the next season we would build upon. It has to end at some point. If Napoli racks up 100 pts this season, sure. Gg and move on. But I have a feeling they could slow down a bit, especially before and after the CL games. To me there is no guarantee that next season we would start any better under Max.
There's no guarantee but if you have a very strong second half of the season using a core of Bremer, Chiesa, Vlahovic, Locatelli, Fagioli, Danilo, Kostic, Miretti starting to contribute and keep all of them I'd be confident we'd start the next season well. It is pretty much what Milan did, kept a core squad together and carried their momentum into the new season.

It is a big if though given where we are and our performances so far this season.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I don't know what you mean by strong squad we are carrying many passengers and demotivated players in the team like bonucci sandro di maria de sciglio etc who will on keep on getting exposed in the champions League and against quick passing teams. I agree with you that Allegri has been hired to deliver trophies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There's no guarantee but if you have a very strong second half of the season using a core of Bremer, Chiesa, Vlahovic, Locatelli, Fagioli, Danilo, Kostic, Miretti starting to contribute and keep all of them I'd be confident we'd start the next season well. It is pretty much what Milan did, kept a core squad together and carried their momentum into the new season.

It is a big if though given where we are and our performances so far this season.
In general I agree with you but this should have been a season when we build upon last year. It took him almost half a season to give Fagioli more consistent play time. Hes getting Chiesa back, ADM hopefully stays fit and Pogba could be back as well. The last 5 games give us a reason to hope. Although tonight we were very lucky at the end. The attitude of our players for the majority of the game was wrong, there was no urgency, especially in the 1st half. Then once we scored, we invited pressure into our half which almost backfired. We ll need to do hell of a lot better against Lazio in a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you mean by strong squad we are carrying many passengers and demotivated players in the team like bonucci sandro di maria de sciglio etc who will on keep on getting exposed in the champions League and against quick passing teams. I agree with you that Allegri has been hired to deliver trophies.
Play someone else then. Did Bonucci need to play tonight? We have Rugani, Gatti on the bench. Leo is a huge liability at this point. Alex Sandro is okayish, he can settle in a 3 men backline.

And exactly, he was brought to win trophies here otherwise we could have continued with Pirlo. He was given enough time and chances like no other coach recently. We fired Sarri after he won Scudetto, fired Pirlo after he won Italian cup and Supercup. I hold Max in higher regard than both of them and he should have done better until now.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
In general I agree with you but this should have been a season when we build upon last year. It took him almost half a season to give Fagioli more consistent play time. Hes getting Chiesa back, ADM hopefully stays fit and Pogba could be back as well. The last 5 games give us a reason to hope. Although tonight we were very lucky at the end. The attitude of our players for the majority of the game was wrong, there was no urgency, especially in the 1st half. Then once we scored, we invited pressure into our half which almost backfired. We ll need to do hell of a lot better against Lazio in a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Play someone else then. Did Bonucci need to play tonight? We have Rugani, Gatti on the bench. Leo is a huge liability at this point. Alex Sandro is okayish, he can settle in a 3 men backline.

And exactly, he was brought to win trophies here otherwise we could have continued with Pirlo. He was given enough time and chances like no other coach recently. We fired Sarri after he won Scudetto, fired Pirlo after he won Italian cup and Supercup. I hold Max in higher regard than both of them and he should have done better until now.
Let's not compare a squad that had Ronaldo in it who hid the flaws of our team in Serie A but also got exposed in the champions League against Lyon and porto. Agree with rest of the part that we have been more patient with allegri despite him not delivering results or trophies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Let's not compare a squad that had Ronaldo in it who hid the flaws of our team in Serie A but also got exposed in the champions League against Lyon and porto. Agree with rest of the part that we have been more patient with allegri despite him not delivering results or trophies.
Yeah, Ronaldo bailed his ass plenty of times but he won that title and was fired, which imho was the right call, since we crashed out of the CL early on and in general we played like shit.

If someone had told us before this season started that after 14 rounds we would be 3rd/4th, 10 points trailing behind Napoli, knocked out of the CL after a humiliating loss to Macabi, even the most ardent supporters would ask him to be removed. We adjusted our expectations as the season went on but he should have done better. Im happy with recent results but he has a long way to go until he redeems himself.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We ain't winning shit playing like this. We have fewer shots against everyone, even this disaster of a Verona team. We should've smashed this team into Serie C but no, we barely scrape it. Our luck will run out soon enough, I'd predict Lazio because of their style of play.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The three in bold are all out this summer I think, no?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We ain't winning shit playing like this. We have fewer shots against everyone, even this disaster of a Verona team. We should've smashed this team into Serie C but no, we barely scrape it. Our luck will run out soon enough, I'd predict Lazio because of their style of play.
I hate this kind of reasoning. You cannot extrapolate performances to other games. Each game and team is different. We literally beat Inter just a few days ago…. which is impossible according to your logic.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"I am not an obsessive manager. I really like football, it's my passion, but I try to run things as simply as possible. To me, football is not complicated, it's simple. So is the strategy of the games, it shouldn't complicate things. Because there's two aspects: defence and attack. Attacking is more about creativity, and defending is more about organization. I believe I can give more to the players in the defensive aspect than in the offensive aspect. I can organize them to defend well, but the attacking aspect is about talent and creativity and I don't want to get in the way of that talent. Am I supposed to tell Kean how to move inside the box, train certain movements with him? No, he doesn't need that. The passes that Rabiot pulls out of nowhere: do you think I ever tell him "pass the ball like this, if this player moves here you do that? No, that's all him."
And people laughed at Max for saying this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 77, Guests: 429)