out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
People do remember second place. Look at England fans under Southgate. They go on about reaching the semi final of the World Cup never mind reaching the Euro finals.

Under Allegri's first reign, we were battling giants on a yearly basis. These days we get knocked out by chumps lol. L
When you have watched 5 finals lost, you tend to remember it...

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
context matters too. 2nd place against the odds is considered a success. was di francesco successful in the cl with roma when they beat barcelona? of course. was spurs' run impressive with pochettino? obviously. if only wins were considered to be an acceptable result there would be hundreds of literal losers every season, and only one winner.

fucking spoiled jj fans take scudetti for granted too lol. and they even differentiate. conte scudetti: great success, cemented the foundation for sarri too. allegri scudetti: cardiff :baus:

i remember and appreciate progress against the odds. it was nice to beat real en route to berlin. morata goals, sturaro's incredible tip of the toe clearance with james' header, those are gold moments. same for the run before cardiff. finals were a bummer of course. but those were great seasons against the odds. it rarely happens in football, so we better appreciate those too.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
People do remember second place. Look at England fans under Southgate. They go on about reaching the semi final of the World Cup never mind reaching the Euro finals.

Under Allegri's first reign, we were battling giants on a yearly basis. These days we get knocked out by chumps lol. L
Ofc fans will remember what their team achieved. But people in general, won't care much about 2nd place teams.
International competition is a bit different though since it only held every 4 years. It gives special feeling even for casual fans.
We get to see UCL every year so even the champions of 2 or 3 years ago people already forget them. Who won it before Real? I can't remember and need to look it up on google, seriously

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
people remember the 2nd place of the team they support, as for the rest they tend to only remember the champion.
But why are we still discussing past results? It's irrelevant here.

Current Allegri is a disgrace and should be booted out of the club. We have been lowering our standards by each month ever since he's been rehired because '2 CL finals and Barca 3-0'

When's the last time a Juventus team lost 5 times in the group stages in the CL?

We haven't won more than 3 games in a row in the league in the last 18 months which is ridiculous for a club of our standard. 1 win against a big-ish team in like 20 big games isn't going to change my mind.

His football is damaging to the club in the immediate and long run. I just can't wait for him to get sacked.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
why? because you said so? del piero's birthday, tevez's brilliant goals, conte's current job, ex-players like kulu, bentancur or de ligt can be discussed, why not talk about past results?

chill a bit

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022

Current Allegri is a disgrace and should be booted out of the club. We have been lowering our standards by each month ever since he's been rehired because '2 CL finals and Barca 3-0'

When's the last time a Juventus team lost 5 times in the group stages in the CL?

We haven't won more than 3 games in a row in the league in the last 18 months which is ridiculous for a club of our standard. 1 win against a big-ish team in like 20 big games isn't going to change my mind.

His football is damaging to the club in the immediate and long run. I just can't wait for him to get sacked.
Oh I agree with all you said, I'm just talking about how people remember champion and runner-up

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Except we just did. No further point here.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
context matters too. 2nd place against the odds is considered a success. was di francesco successful in the cl with roma when they beat barcelona? of course. was spurs' run impressive with pochettino? obviously. if only wins were considered to be an acceptable result there would be hundreds of literal losers every season, and only one winner.

fucking spoiled jj fans take scudetti for granted too lol. and they even differentiate. conte scudetti: great success, cemented the foundation for sarri too. allegri scudetti: cardiff :baus:

i remember and appreciate progress against the odds. it was nice to beat real en route to berlin. morata goals, sturaro's incredible tip of the toe clearance with james' header, those are gold moments. same for the run before cardiff. finals were a bummer of course. but those were great seasons against the odds. it rarely happens in football, so we better appreciate those too.
You sound like Allegri...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 189)