out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singus

Sep 22, 2020
What is this team we are building btw?

I see 8 changes to every lineup (its been like that with Allegri since the start), and its a coin-toss whether we will lose to Monza and Maccabi or scrape a 1-0 miraculous win against the Lecce.. So what is this team thats apparently being built right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Macabi was our lowest point, since then we have at least shown some semblance of a team. Game against Benfica was irrelevant from my perspective, there were like 0.01% chances to make it out of group. Idk for PSG either, we should field a team strong enough to not get embarased but our eyes should be set on Inter game. Far more important.
So this lowest point against Macabi and the loss to Benfica happened in between the 3 Serie A wins you cited earlier. Why are you excluding these very low points from the evaluation of the team's form?

How on God's earth are you becoming optimistic on the basis of the last 5 games we played. You say you're thinking only of the 3 wins in Serie A and ignoring the rest. WHY?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ofc he has a choice, someone as dead set against young players as people describe him doesn't give this many minutes to academy players in general and doesn't oversee the two youngest squads in Idk how many years of Juve history.
Well lets look at the squad today, taken from FotMob -
Defenders:
Fullback:

Cuadrado
Alex Sandro
De Sciglio

Centerback:
Bonucci
Danilo
Rugani
Bremer
Gatti

Midfielders:
Paredes
Pogba

Rabiot
Locatelli (out for "personal reasons")
McKennie
Fagioli
Miretti

Wingers/Wide mids:
Di Maria
Kostic
Ake
Iling-Junior
Soule

Forwards:
Vlahovic
Milik
Kean
Chiesa
Kaio

Cudrig
Da Graca

The crossed out names are injuries. There is truly no one left for him to play but academy players, which the club themselves are promoting at least in part out of financial necessity. Personally, I don't think we'd be seeing them almost at all if not for the injuries we are facing, and I'll use Miretti as an example. The bulk of his minutes this season came when he was starting while Rabiot was out injured, prior to today when he started (although this could also be down to injuries today as well). As soon as Rabiot was back, Miretti hit the bench again and instead we had him starting alongside McKennie, who most here consider horrible. So yes, maybe more minutes than ever, but in my view because that's all he can do.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So this lowest point against Macabi and the loss to Benfica happened in between the 3 Serie A wins you cited earlier. Why are you excluding these very low points from the evaluation of the team's form?
You are either a troll or clueless. Macabi happened before.

Aug 2, 2005
Defenders:
Fullback:

Cuadrado
Alex Sandro
De Sciglio

Centerback:
Bonucci
Danilo
Rugani
Bremer
Gatti

Midfielders:
Paredes
Pogba

Rabiot
McKennie
Fagioli
Miretti

Wingers/Wide mids:
Di Maria
Kostic
Ake
Iling-Junior
Soule

Forwards:
Vlahovic
Milik
Kean
Chiesa
Kaio

Cudrig
Da Graca

The crossed out names are injuries. There is truly no one left for him to play but academy players, which the club themselves are promoting at least in part out of financial necessity. Personally, I don't think we'd be seeing them almost at all if not for the injuries we are facing, and I'll use Miretti as an example. The bulk of his minutes this season came when he was starting while Rabiot was out injured, prior to today when he started (although this could also be down to injuries today as well). As soon as Rabiot was back, Miretti hit the bench again and instead we had him starting alongside McKennie, who most here consider horrible. So yes, maybe more minutes than ever, but in my view because that's all he can do.
You spent time and even if you are right..
The answer to you eventually will be

"Master does not play young player to protect them"

He himself said it 1000000 times that he prefers mature players.. while maturity does not have a specific age.. you might see players at 22, or 24

But for Allegro.. if he had the choice between 2 mature midfielder
One is 22 and the other is 26.. his thought process will be
The 26 is THE STARTER unless the 22 one gave him a reason to think otherwise..

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Defenders:
Fullback:

Cuadrado
Alex Sandro
De Sciglio

Centerback:
Bonucci
Danilo
Rugani
Bremer
Gatti

Midfielders:
Paredes
Pogba

Rabiot
McKennie
Fagioli
Miretti

Wingers/Wide mids:
Di Maria
Kostic
Ake
Iling-Junior
Soule

Forwards:
Vlahovic
Milik
Kean
Chiesa
Kaio

Cudrig
Da Graca

Ofc they're going to play more when there are injuries and overall quality of the team is lower. Unless you have a generational talent like Pogba was that is perfectly normal.

I don't think Miretti was benched because of Rabiot. When Rabiot came back the midfield was Rabiot-Loca-Miretti. He faded away a little bit which is normal, didn't have enough end product and conceded that penalty against Benfica. Still plays a decent amount.

- - - Updated - - -

You spent time and even if you are right..
The answer to you eventually will be

"Master does not play young player to protect them"

He himself said it 1000000 times that he prefers mature players.. while maturity does not have a specific age.. you might see players at 22, or 24

But for Allegro.. if he had the choice between 2 mature midfielder
One is 22 and the other is 26.. his thought process will be
The 26 is THE STARTER unless the 22 one gave him a reason to think otherwise..
Unless one is clearly better why do you care about age? 99.9% of the coaches in the world will side with experience, especially in the tough moments, as in any situation in life, any job etc.

Why is age a determining factor for you but it can't be for Allegri?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Look at his emotions fuck these plastic fans.
Why are you posting this in the Allegri thread? Did he score because of Allegri? Or should we be grateful to the clueless dinosaur for giving him a few minutes to actually showcase his talent, as opposed to playing the same tried and turgid tripe we've had to endure for 18 months?

Aug 2, 2005
Ofc they're going to play more when there are injuries and overall quality of the team is lower. Unless you have a generational talent like Pogba was that is perfectly normal.

I don't think Miretti was benched because of Rabiot. When Rabiot came back the midfield was Rabiot-Loca-Miretti. He faded away a little bit which is normal, didn't have enough end product and conceded that penalty against Benfica. Still plays a decent amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless one is clearly better why do you care about age? 99.9% of the coaches in the world will side with experience, especially in the tough moments, as in any situation in life, any job etc.

Why is age a determining factor for you but it can't be for Allegri?
What I meant

Allegri's thought process is defaulted towards the "older" as the one to get the job done but not necessary "the better" or more experienced even if younger..

We have seen this from him many times...

Also.. it was more towards.. Allegri's throaters even if proved wrong will find a defense such as "Allegro does not play the young to protect them" narrative and I am being sarcastic here..

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
What I meant

Allegri's thought process is defaulted towards the "older" as the one to get the job done but not necessary "the better" or more experienced even if younger..

We have seen this from him many times...

Also.. it was more towards.. Allegri's throaters even if proved wrong will find a defense such as "Allegro does not play the young to protect them" narrative and I am being sarcastic here..
Ok and you're defaulted towards younger. If age is your determining factor you're both wrong, whether you default to older or younger guys.

The only thing that's been proven wrong over and over again is that it's not true Allegri doesn't play young guys, academy or otherwise. He plays them maybe even more than any other Juve coach in recent memory.

It's just that fans want him to play them all the time, every single one of them, regardless of anything else. And never criticize them at all, that kills their poor souls.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You are either a troll or clueless. Macabi happened before.
Who is being the troll? Do you really not see what I am driving at?

Milan is on a different level so we got smashed. Fine. Since then it’s been an all time low performance against Macabi, then terrible performance against a weak Torino but scraped a win, then a good performance against empoli then another all time low against Benfica, and a horrid performance again today.

5 match run against weak opponents, losing twice and scraping wins twice. Where do you get the optimism from?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Who is being the troll? Do you really not see what I am driving at?

Milan is on a different level so we got smashed. Fine. Since then it’s been an all time low performance against Macabi, then terrible performance against a weak Torino but scraped a win, then a good performance against empoli then another all time low against Benfica, and a horrid performance again today.

5 match run against weak opponents, losing twice and scraping wins twice. Where do you get the optimism from?
Defo a troll but I ll bite. After Macabi, we have played 4 matches, Torino, Empoli, Benfica and Lecce. Considering that 99.9% we went out of the CL after Macabi, Benfica game had no significance. Similar like PSG next week. So in 3 Serie A games, we won. Idc if we scraped win against Torino, we WON. Thats all it matters. We could have had 4 more points if not for blatant ref errors against Roma and Salernitana, but Im not referring to prior games.

Tonight's game wasnt horrid by any means. Its wasnt a great game either. We should have been infront before Fagioli's goal if for better finishing. So yes I can base my optimism on 3 wins in a row and loss in a meaningless game doesnt affect it.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Furious we won :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the attitude, as long as hes on our bench, he gets my support during matches
The same posters who were perfectly fine with VAR disallowing a winning goal for offside because they “didn’t have that camera angle available” and stealing a win from us, are now furious that Lecce wasn’t allowed to take a last second corner.

Allegri should be sacked, but that doesn’t change how pathetic the above is.

These dorks aren’t Juve fans. Just sad little trolls living sad little lives.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The same posters who were perfectly fine with VAR disallowing a winning goal for offside because they “didn’t have that camera angle available” and stealing a win from us, are now furious that Lecce wasn’t allowed to take a last second corner.

He also called Benfica a weak opponent. :lol: They are having one of the best seasons in decades and I can see them going far in the CL.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

yup

i found them a direction to head

Screenshot_2022-10-29-23-34-43-33_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329~2.jpg

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Defo a troll but I ll bite. After Macabi, we have played 4 matches, Torino, Empoli, Benfica and Lecce. Considering that 99.9% we went out of the CL after Macabi, Benfica game had no significance. Similar like PSG next week. So in 3 Serie A games, we won. Idc if we scraped win against Torino, we WON. Thats all it matters. We could have had 4 more points if not for blatant ref errors against Roma and Salernitana, but Im not referring to prior games.

Tonight's game wasnt horrid by any means. Its wasnt a great game either. We should have been infront before Fagioli's goal if for better finishing. So yes I can base my optimism on 3 wins in a row and loss in a meaningless game doesnt affect it.
I admire your relentless optimism but I completely disagree with both premises

1) That we didn’t seriously try to win against Benfica (that would actually be worse than trying and failing tbh) or that trying and failing is no reflection of the teams level we can just pretend it never happened.

2) That how we won against Toro/Lecce is not a reflection of our football level. It’s better than losing ofc but nevertheless says a lot about our poor level.

No wonder we got smashed by Milan, Haifa and Benfica we are a team that scraps results against minnows. You’re choosing to ignore the evidence that doesn’t suit your predetermined conclusion. I admire your optimism but seriously hope that you don’t believe this is reasonable data informed decision making and aren’t making business or life decisions on similar grounds

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I admire your relentless optimism but I completely disagree with both premises

1) That we didn’t seriously try to win against Benfica (that would actually be worse than trying and failing tbh) or that trying and failing is no reflection of the teams level we can just pretend it never happened.

2) That how we won against Toro/Lecce is not a reflection of our football level. It’s better than losing ofc but nevertheless says a lot about our poor level.

No wonder we got smashed by Milan, Haifa and Benfica we are a team that scraps results against minnows. You’re choosing to ignore the evidence that doesn’t suit your predetermined conclusion. I admire your optimism but seriously hope that you don’t believe this is reasonable data informed decision making and
The glass is half empty guy.

We can scrape wins, thats fine for the time being and builds a momentum. The team badly lacked consistency and after Macabi, which was our lowest point, we seemed to be finding some. We have enough quality to turn things around, even without all the injured players.
aren’t making business or life decisions on similar grounds
I prefer to have positive outlook. As for football its literally a game of entertainment so why the fuck would I be pessimistic all the time?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 564)