out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
one sale in the winter covers salary of a new coach. Just sell Rabiot and McKennie and rescue the club.
You're right but imagine going to work and burning your office down, and not getting sacked. With that much security, I'd be on a mission to sex up someone on each level. My guess is that I could sleep with the owners wife and daughter before getting a slap on the wrist.

Allegri is the immediate problem, get rid of him and then everything changes on the pitch and off from transfers, finances, club image, share prices, the lot.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Serious question; Why does your club, management, coach etc have such a hard on for washed players and anything other clubs are dumping?

Just from memory, Rabiot, Di Maria, Pogba, Arthur, Paredes. I probably forgot some.
first of all, it's not the coaches that make these mercato moves but the club itself. allegri might have had some influence on this current mercato, still, it's a tendency that started well before allegri arrived and never stopped with pirlo or sarri either.

marotta-paratici were the pioneers for this practice. we signed barzagli from the wolfsburg bench (10/10 purchase), pirlo on a free (10/10), solid players like llorente (7/10) or khedira (8/10), duds like anelka (0/10), ramsey (2/10) or lucio (0/10). we traditionally like to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. and nothing really sticks lately. the latest free transfer i'd still do is di maria (i had high hopes for him), before that it was dani alves in '16, nothing great in between.

i think we should really start doing some stats based analysis before purchases. we were basically the only serious big wealthy stupid enough club interested in signing pogba, arthur, ramsey or paredes. no way those guys' actual performances warranted their salaries.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Serious question; Why does your club, management, coach etc have such a hard on for washed players and anything other clubs are dumping?

Just from memory, Rabiot, Di Maria, Pogba, Arthur, Paredes. I probably forgot some.
Because Pirlo and Tevez worked, to lesser extend Khedira and Matuidi too.

Tbf Rabiot, Di Maria, and Pogba were good opportunity signings. They offer quality but unfortunately it doesn't really work for us now because attitude problem or injuries.

Arthur was just plusvalenza thing he doesn't belong in that list but it is a bad transfer. I think Paredes was special request from Allegri but he's just decent at best, should have never sign him.

Oh yeah Dani Alves was great too

abstract

Mar 3, 2012

They call it ''opportunities'' not only washed up players. That strategy worked during the Conte era, and our management thought it would work forever, not realizing there's something called chance and luck that plays a big factor, especially when with this strategy you have a much smaller pool of players to pull from.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It's a bit of an Italian thing to go for experienced players, even back in the dominant days of the past. It's just that the clubs can't buy or attract many top 28 years olds anymore as they play in the PL or at PSG/Bayern/RM/Barça. So we end up with a lot of second rate players now. And at Juve we do have this thing of going for freebies and balancing out the cost against high salaries. It's weird.

Milan have slowly cottoned on to buying young players, but only out of necessity as they were a broke joke. We could have been in a really strong position right now by implementing this at our peak but hey ho, we went for Higuain, Ronaldo and immediate CL glory attempt with a backdrop of Covid, and here we are.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Agent Max is doing a great job. We are about to get even lower than Milan a few years ago while being the best paid coach in Serie A… that’s a win-win situation for them, Milan and him

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Sad to say we are pretty much man utd after fergie now.. gonna manage my own expectation that this is gonna be a while before we start winning again.. sigh..
If by winning you mean titles then yes, you better sit down cause it’s gonna be a long while.

This rebuilding without someone like Marotta will be a real struggle. Then there’s the fact we won’t be able to attract top talent anymore nor be able to afford it and that includes top coaches.

We’re basically back to 2011 but with shitty scouting, shitty medical, shitty coaching staff and no solid foundation like we had with BBC and that midfield.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Everytime we enter the pitch there seems to be a serious lack of motivation and desire.. in my opinion the players don't believe in the allegri way of playing and maybe even training.. to enter a game like last night with the attitude we saw is a serious problem and surely only a new coach will solve this problem

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Sad to say we are pretty much man utd after fergie now.. gonna manage my own expectation that this is gonna be a while before we start winning again.. sigh..
With the right signings and a good coach we could win again next season or the next after. Serie A is weak league and our competition don't have oil money.
EPL is just too strong with 6 to 7 clubs challenging for 4 spots and City is miles above the rest

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
While Allegri is not THE problem, he is not the solution and is PART of the problem. I thank him for the last stint and all the good memories but this was a wrong step for him and for us. Its time to go. The quality of the players is the biggest problem I think and the unbalanced squad + the club being leaded from a guy who has his mind set on SL and vice president who only thinks about boobs.

Plus its obvious since that SL scenario, legal battle come out of nowhere just for Juventus, its time Agnelli to step down once and for all.

I just hope they wait for the World Cup and that they have that kind of a agreement with Allegri and that they will act then with new coach..

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Arrigo Sacchi: “Against Benfica the absence of ideas was obvious. The Portuguese dominated the pitch far and wide, highlighting the current gaps of the Bianconeri who do not move in a coordinated way.”

- - - Updated - - -

Arrigo Sacchi: “One thing is certain: of the team that has dominated in Italy for almost a decade, and that twice reached the Champions League final, there is nothing left. It takes a revolution to get back to the top."

- - - Updated - - -

Arrigo Sacchi: "Whats most evident is Juve’s inability to be a team. The club has always made a strength of grit, determination, will and spirit of sacrifice the strength. Now there aren't even those.” [GdS]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 294)