out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
so why u put so much into what i say? clearly my prediction was wrong. difference is i am willing to accept reality. i even told everyone here allegri was bad from begining of last season and i was mocked. remember how i was mad fun of for saying ALLEGRI and alzheimer allegri?

as usual i am the beacon of reason in this forum.
stop the sabotage

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
As much as I dislike Allegri and his stupid views on football, I don't think letting him go now will solve our problems. I don't even trust in a sudden increase of the performance level - unless players start actively boycotting him (which could happen down the line).

The team has chronic problems, which have been going for years now, which range from poor squad building, poor mentality of the coach, mentally fragile players (individually), poor fitness, poor focus, excess of injuries, injury prone players, club dettachment from supporters.

You don't solve all that at once.

They should consider doing it after the WC, if reaching the 4th place is becoming more and more unlikely. But only for a short fix. Do not sign anyone for a long contract, under any circunstances.

Next season, first step is signing Giuntoli to oversee all decisions. Absolute priority. Get rid of Arrivabene. Let Giuntoli decide, along with Agnelli, Cherubini and Nedved, who could be the guy to lead the team.

I'm not sure how to get rid of Cherubini and Nedved though, and it's not clear if they are indeed the most important part of the problem.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
As much as I dislike Allegri and his stupid views on football, I don't think letting him go now will solve our problems. I don't even trust in a sudden increase of the performance level - unless players start actively boycotting him (which could happen down the line).

The team has chronic problems, which have been going for years now, which range from poor squad building, poor mentality of the coach, mentally fragile players (individually), poor fitness, poor focus, excess of injuries, injury prone players, club dettachment from supporters.

You don't solve all that at once.

They should consider doing it after the WC, if reaching the 4th place is becoming more and more unlikely. But only for a short fix. Do not sign anyone for a long contract, under any circunstances.

Next season, first step is signing Giuntoli to oversee all decisions. Absolute priority. Get rid of Arrivabene. Let Giuntoli decide, along with Agnelli, Cherubini and Nedved, who could be the guy to lead the team.

I'm not sure how to get rid of Cherubini and Nedved though, and it's not clear if they are indeed the most important part of the problem.
I don't mean to dismiss you and I understand your take, and I also agree to some extent.
But the short-term issues will have significant impact on the long-term. I can't see us managing any spot in Europe this year so will make huge losses and have to dismantle the team in ways we may now want and fail to attract players we need. We can't wait-and-see to the extent that we keep Allegri around. He needs to go. I agree that the long-term appointment should be deliberated now and decided in the summer but in the mean time we need a temporary replacement. Someone that can funnel some positive energy and simple solutions. Even someone like Ranieri would be sufficient for me until the summer. In all sincerity I think the club should let us have a vote here on who should take the reins until the summer. S/he will perform terribly, but at least spread some joy by being starstruck and forcing him/herself into players every day for dinners and pool parties.
So I agree with the sentiment that the bottom can always get lower but my expectations right now are a relegation battle for this team this year if nothing suddenly changes. And that sudden change is not around the corner, it will not come. Allegri putting his hopes up on two long-term injured players to save his career speaks volumes of his ability. I expect them to return but face minor or major set backs throughout the rest of the season. I am not counting on them, hence I can only see us battle it out at best as a low-mid-table team.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We’re not going to qualify for Europe under Allegri so the options are simple…

a) Stick with him, fail in all our targets and have a complete rebuild under him this summer where we clear the deadwood and high earners. Total reset

b) Sack him now, appoint an interim until the WC break and then try to entice a top level coach to get us into the CL next season

I know what I prefer. And sadly I know what these incompetents will end up doing…

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If we wanted to appoint a low cost interim manager that should be possible. We don't have to sack Allegri, just relieve him of duties while keeping him on contract. Obviously not ideal, but doable, as opposed to paying his compensation as a lumpsum. Then in the summer we may have more options, still low cost, like Tudor or Sottil.

Just sayin...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we wanted to appoint a low cost interim manager that should be possible. We don't have to sack Allegri, just relieve him of duties while keeping him on contract. Obviously not ideal, but doable, as opposed to paying his compensation as a lumpsum. Then in the summer we may have more options, still low cost, like Tudor or Sottil.

Just sayin...
What if Maxx gets longterm payments but he needs cash now?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Maybe it's because I'm not watching the games anymore. I can withstand more pain lol.

But rationally, do I think a Ranieri would manage to do something much different with the current players available? I'm not sure.

But I agree they must at least try. I just don't think it would have much effect now.

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, I also don't see how Allegri will turn this around, but I also don't like how everyone's just screaming for change. I want solutions. Do we hire an interim coach? Who? I know people are blinded by their Allegri hate, but what makes you think this interim coach is going to solve the problems a serial winner isn't able to solve? What if we perform even worse?

This club is rotten from top to bottom. People in management each have their own views on things and are simply incompetent, the players are mentally fragile and lack the most basic technical capabilities, the fitness department sucks, etc. Allegri is, as everyone else at the club, responsible for the mess we're in and should face the consequences but it's again so incredibly easy to blame this all on the coach without really addressing all the other issues. I want systematic change, starting with a coach who we can rely on for 3+ years and all of management (whoever that may be by the end of the season) approves of.

Again, we have so many issues right now but I don't see how an interim coach is going to solve any of this shit.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yes, I also don't see how Allegri will turn this around, but I also don't like how everyone's just screaming for change. I want solutions. Do we hire an interim coach? Who? I know people are blinded by their Allegri hate, but what makes you think this interim coach is going to solve the problems a serial winner isn't able to solve? What if we perform even worse?

This club is rotten from top to bottom. People in management each have their own views on things and are simply incompetent, the players are mentally fragile and lack the most basic technical capabilities, the fitness department sucks, etc. Allegri is, as everyone else at the club, responsible for the mess we're in and should face the consequences but it's again so incredibly easy to blame this all on the coach without really addressing all the other issues. I want systematic change, starting with a coach who we can rely on for 3+ years and all of management (whoever that may be by the end of the season) approves of.

Again, we have so many issues right now but I don't see how an interim coach is going to solve any of this shit.
Imo that's why it hasn't happened yet, no viable alternatives.

But eventually if it gets bad enough they will have to try someone, anyone. Or they could stick with him even in the relegation zone

Aug 2, 2005
As much as I would love to see this fraud out.. IT IS NOT HAPPENING

Why are we discussing next coach when his position is not under dispute now???

We only have hopes of him getting his shit together

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
This guy is a terrorist using Di Maria as SS, all the tactics, coaching and fitness are wrong. How incompetent can one be honestly. It’s his job to make the most of the squad he has at hand, which he’s incapable of. Still stuck to his shitty tactics even if the players don’t fit the formation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 165)