out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Worse teams than ours have made the semis
And far better teams have failed to get out of group stage. Multiple times under your boy, Conte.

But What the fuck does that have to do with anything? If somehow we managed to win the scudetto and get to CL quarters this year, that would be a smashing success given the state of this club. I doubt either will happen. I’m in the “Allegri is done as a top level coach” group at this point too.

But if he against all odds somehow turns it around, firing him for not getting to CL semifinals would just about be the dumbest thing ever lol

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And far better teams have failed to get out of group stage. Multiple times under your boy, Conte.

But What the fuck does that have to do with anything? If somehow we managed to win the scudetto and get to CL quarters this year, that would be a smashing success given the state of this club. I doubt either will happen. I’m in the “Allegri is done as a top level coach” group at this point too.

But if he against all odds somehow turns it around, firing him for not getting to CL semifinals would just about be the dumbest thing ever lol
Why are you even bringing Conte into this argument? For one he's a limited manager who's strength lies in motivation and organisation that will never change.

Irrespective of the manager this current squad even with injuries and suspensions should be challenging for the title, there's no 2 ways about it and should be our bare minimum this season

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Worse teams with far better cohesion and spirit, i.e. better teams.

We've made the CL semis 3 times in the last TWENTY years, and 2 of those were under Allegri. Reaching the semis this year and winning the scudetto isn't the minimum requirement to stay, it would be a fucking miracle.
:lol:

This team is nowhere near a top 4 squad in all football. Maybe top 12 at best. Semifinal :howler:

Failing to get out of group stage should be sackable offense.
I know it would be a miracle and that's why I said they are the only conditions I would allow Max to stay. I exaggerated it because I hate him and want him gone.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We have to finish in CL spots, we also have to be competitive against the likes of Milan, Napoli, Inter, Atalanta ie, not having to park the bus against them. We need a SF in Coppa Italia, not CL. For CL we need to collect as much money as possible so getting out of the group is a minimum.

There are Allegri targets but also club targets. Players like Arthur need to be sold and finance sorted out. I read somewhere that fan attendance has dropped around 27%, that in a relatively low capacity stadium. Maybe some of that is because Juve do some douchebag moves as well.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why are you even bringing Conte into this argument? For one he's a limited manager who's strength lies in motivation and organisation that will never change.

Irrespective of the manager this current squad even with injuries and suspensions should be challenging for the title, there's no 2 ways about it and should be our bare minimum this season
But what does that have to do with Champion’s League semifinals?

We should be challenging for scudetto and getting to CL knockouts. If we aren’t finishing over 80 pts and/or go out in group stage the manager should be sacked. Simple.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

We should be challenging for scudetto and getting to CL knockouts. If we aren’t finishing over 80 pts and/or go out in group stage the manager should be sacked. Simple.
Any half decent manager should at the very least get us to the quarter finals, is villarreal for example a better team on paper than us just look at their progress last season in the CL? I wouldn't rule us out of a semi final place if we actually had a competent manager. Having a top 4 squad on paper doesn't mean reaching the semis is a certainty.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Any half decent manager should at the very least get us to the quarter finals, is villarreal for example a better team on paper than us just look at their progress last season in the CL? I wouldn't rule us out of a semi final place if we actually had a competent manager. Having a top 4 squad on paper doesn't mean reaching the semis is a certainty.
So the only competent manager we have had since Lippi is Allegri in his first spell here? Gotcha. :)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Worse teams with far better cohesion and spirit, i.e. better teams.

We've made the CL semis 3 times in the last TWENTY years, and 2 of those were under Allegri. Reaching the semis this year and winning the scudetto isn't the minimum requirement to stay, it would be a fucking miracle.
semis is not an achievement other than monetary. either u win or you don't. this goes for all competitions.

semis is an achievement for villareal or tottenham or roma. clubs that were not expected to even make it to past group stages

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So contradicting.

- - - Updated - - -

This team is nowhere near a top 4 squad in all football. Maybe top 12 at best. Semifinal :howler:

It should be but I guess it will all depend on how the team is performing in Serie A by then. We need a miracle to save this CL campaign but the league is far from over.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

We are already half way dead in CL, itll require a near perfect performance to qualify for knockouts, dont see it happening tbh.

For me the point of sacking was Monza, but Max is still here. If he performs a miracle and we're in the Scudetto race, I'd stick with him. But I wouldnt bet on Max turning it around, this team will probably crumble again and again under any difficulties and Max wont survive the winter.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Can’t disagree with that. Challenging for the scudetto is a must seeing as how weak the other teams are but we stand no chance in Europe. As long as we get past group stage I’m ok with it. My expectations are low. Reaching the semi finals is a pipe dream.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Overrated manager, and to think there was a fair bit of support from some members here to hire him
He was terribly inconsistent with Lazio, ranging from CL places contender to not qualifying for EL to Scudetto challenger to upper mid table again. Nothing has changed at Inter, had some decent moments of form last season, but isnt consistent enough for a top club that wants to win all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 379)