out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Thinking that bringing in another coach would change much is wishful at best. The biggest issue by far is our players' quality and the lack of strategic approach in team building. We go for "deals" and we even think we are so fckin smart to get "good" players on the cheap. Then reality hits in. When's the last time we scouted a good young player that was a game changer? Our home grown players are absolute trash so we go for other teams' unwanted/problematic prospects. Napoli is getting Kvara while we go for a "deal" in 30 year old Kostic with no resell value. And the dude has no pace at all. In 2022 you buy a winger with no pace... Wtf are our scouts doing???

This is our biggest problem, we think we're awfully smart by getting these "deals" (Ramsey, Rabiot, Kostic, Arthur, Zakaria, Mckennie etc the list is superlong) but our player evaluation is trash. We're throwing shit at the wall and hoping it will stick. No plans, no strategy.

Once a new coach comes most will realize that this hasn't got that much to do with Sarri, Pirlo or Allegri. It's mostly the players' ability and the people in charge of constructing the roster. The current team with the injuries is midtable Serie A level. I do admit that Allegri is somewhat responsible for this but it's not always clear and I feel the blame he gets is disproportionate. People were crying to play 352 but when your outside options are Kostic Cuadrado DeSciglio and the rest... How do you want to play 352 without pace/proper wingbacks? You cannot really play Di Maria outside in a 352. Again, our squad is imbalanced, old, overpaid and mediocre.

Perhaps we could fight for the podium with another coach but expecting this shitshow to get much better with the same roster is utopistic.
The strategy of how a squad is built, scouting (lack thereof in Jj case) all starts from the top

:agnelli:

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Thinking that bringing in another coach would change much is wishful at best. The biggest issue by far is our players' quality and the lack of strategic approach in team building. We go for "deals" and we even think we are so fckin smart to get "good" players on the cheap. Then reality hits in. When's the last time we scouted a good young player that was a game changer? Our home grown players are absolute trash so we go for other teams' unwanted/problematic prospects. Napoli is getting Kvara while we go for a "deal" in 30 year old Kostic with no resell value. And the dude has no pace at all. In 2022 you buy a winger with no pace... Wtf are our scouts doing???

This is our biggest problem, we think we're awfully smart by getting these "deals" (Ramsey, Rabiot, Kostic, Arthur, Zakaria, Mckennie etc the list is superlong) but our player evaluation is trash. We're throwing shit at the wall and hoping it will stick. No plans, no strategy.

Once a new coach comes most will realize that this hasn't got that much to do with Sarri, Pirlo or Allegri. It's mostly the players' ability and the people in charge of constructing the roster. The current team with the injuries is midtable Serie A level. I do admit that Allegri is somewhat responsible for this but it's not always clear and I feel the blame he gets is disproportionate. People were crying to play 352 but when your outside options are Kostic Cuadrado DeSciglio and the rest... How do you want to play 352 without pace/proper wingbacks? You cannot really play Di Maria outside in a 352. Again, our squad is imbalanced, old, overpaid and mediocre.

Perhaps we could fight for the podium with another coach but expecting this shitshow to get much better with the same roster is utopistic.
Do you want to talk about quality of the players? Again?

Then explain to me how Napoli with Lobotka, Mario Rui and Politano trashes Liverpool which is a true powerhouse in football, unlike fu***** Benfica or Salernitana.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

The players that we signed over the summer are what Allegri requested. He was also reportedly happy with the fullbacks that we have.

He wanted to build the team around an injury prone Pogba

He insisted on 34 year old Di Maria

He wanted Paredes as his regista

He wanted someone to play with his back to goal and got Milik

Allegri insisted on signing experienced players for the team and he got them. He was complaining last year that the squad lacked 'experience'.

The argument about 'scouting' goes out of the window when your head coach is incapable of working with young players.

I agree the problem is not Allegri. The problem are the people who rehired him and who foolishly believed his outdated philosophy of football will bring us back to the top again.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
So it’s back to “it’s the players” excuse again :lol:

I hope tuz never dies. This place can’t be replicated anywhere else.

Now back to the topic at hand, are people SERIOUSLY believing this squad isn’t quality enough to beat the likes of Salernitana and Sampdoria? You must be fucking insane.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006

Now back to the topic at hand, are people SERIOUSLY believing this squad isn’t quality enough to beat the likes of Salernitana and Sampdoria? You must be fucking insane.
We just need Mbappe, Haaland, Neymar and then MAYBE that'll will be enough to beat Salernitana

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The players that we signed over the summer are what Allegri requested. He was also reportedly happy with the fullbacks that we have.

He wanted to build the team around an injury prone Pogba

He insisted on 34 year old Di Maria

He wanted Paredes as his regista

He wanted someone to play with his back to goal and got Milik

Allegri insisted on signing experienced players for the team and he got them. He was complaining last year that the squad lacked 'experience'.

The argument about 'scouting' goes out of the window when your head coach is incapable of working with young players.

I agree the problem is not Allegri. The problem are the people who rehired him and who foolishly believed his outdated philosophy of football will bring us back to the top again.
100%

- - - Updated - - -

It’s all of the above

Players, staff, management leadership

It’s all rotten and clearly not a winning culture

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
100%

- - - Updated - - -

It’s all of the above

Players, staff, management leadership

It’s all rotten and clearly not a winning culture
Allegri is just the tip of the iceberg. Can’t be blamed for everything but getting rid of someone who’s clearly at this point causing the team harm is a start. Agnelli, Nedved and their cronies next.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we can't think a new coach won't change anything.

this was the mentality back when conte was hired thinking team can't compete with inter and milan. he got a bunch of players that were ok to average at their teams and an aging pirlo. turned that team into a monster undefeated team

then when his team was failing in europe and he quit last second, allegri got hired. the sentiment was same . squad wasn't good enough to compete in CL. yet that team went on to CL final.

chelsea literally proved sacking coaches can save your season multiple times. madrid same.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Dude has been an assistant coach for a decade. He's happy where he is and there's nothing wrong with that. He didn't have a job when Allegri left and got one back because of Max. Like Dominic said above, they are the same manager.
(Remember Conte's assistants who were on the sidelines when he was banned? I remember the same folk going on about how good they were back then too. Those guys (the coaches) are no where to be found now)
yes, because 99% of the preparation already happens before the match

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Seriously, we were dropping points against small teams even at our best, but the frequency is much higher now. And we were ugly before too, hence why people wanted Allegri gone in the first place. But we were able to grind out results even when playing ugly, especially later in his Juve career as the midfield got weaker and we had more and more ugly wins. Right now we struggle to do that, even when we go ahead first we just can't sustain it. Or we concede first and chase teams. Blame Allegri, it's fine, when the team looks as lethargic as we do at times, you naturally blame the coach. It's part of his job to keep them motivated and ready to perform when a starter is missing. Starters choices too, although I get that since we are thin at the moment and we play every 3 days, so he needs to rotate a bit. But still, some of these guys I wouldn't play over primavera kids even. Grinding results is easier to do when you have the best defense in the league, a Pjanic/Pirlo to control tempo, runners in midfield, and then you can let Cuadrado, Dybala, Tevez, Pogba etc do their thing up front. And we had more often than not, enough depth to deal with a injury crisis which was always a given to happen as we know. This team lacks a lot of that. Maybe not when the carriers are back since this is a different team with 2 competent wingers and a mid who can create in the final third. And if you give them time to gel (playing time without constant injuries), I'm sure it's a scudetto team with or without Allegri. Yesterday's team however is just not good enough offensively and since we didn't bury the game early, a collapse was imminent with our current mentality and quality. Who can create something? Paredes is great at progressing the ball but to who? McK fucks up everything he touches, Miretti moves well but is raw, Vlahovic away from the goal isn't great. Cuads will die on the pitch one day and honestly looks finished already. Kostic can't create space for himself, he depends on others. This is not to defend Allegri, he probably has a word in most of our signings so you can say a lot of these are his players, but just maybe for us to lower our expectations until we get our best players back

- - - Updated - - -

Can the return of Pogba and Chiesa overturn our season?

I actually don't think so.

We're deeply rotten as a club, squad, team...
It will solve some issues, but it won't turn the season around. if they and Di Maria stay healthy (big if) we should challenge for scudetto though

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
best players back? pogba was not even best player at man united lmao he was bench player.

chiesa's form under allegri looked questionable as well. he was playing RWB for him.

let's not pretend these two are messi and we are barca. they are ok players at best. can't hide behind blaming woj since he injured and dybala since he gone now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 140)