out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Patience the winning cycle is over.There are many wrong things that has happened over the last three seasons to have lead to such a situation but the coach is the easiest scapegoat to find.
It's not a matter of being a scapegoat, this job is no charity. There's expectations. He's being paid well to achieve those. The performances aren't good, period. The team shows no signs of a working system. I'm not saying he's responsible for the club's downfall but he's the one at the helm right now.

But of course it falls down to whether the club is willing to give him another season. They probably are.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
It's not a matter of being a scapegoat, this job is no charity. There's expectations. He's being paid well to achieve those. The performances aren't good, period. The team shows no signs of a working system. I'm not saying he's responsible for the club's downfall but he's the one at the helm right now.

But of course it falls down to whether the club is willing to give him another season. They probably are.
So on point for me with the situation. Teams usually get rid of the coach and not players no matter how much it appears the players being responsible. Your bold statement is what scares me. No matter how subpar the quality of players a system should be in place. AA has more money than God but of course I see Max getting another year but if no 4th place this season wouldn't surprise me if gone by Christmas with no improvement first half of season.

After the initial season with CR7 and lack of an potent offensive strategy I was all for a change with Sarri. That didn't work out like Sarri's success at Napoli so we went to Pirlo. Of course Pirlo appeared overmatched but thought better management of knowing when to sub players in Juve would have been more successful. On a managing scale of (1-10) I was happy we got Max (say 9) back and let go of Pirlo (say 1) but honestly have to say enjoyed watching Pirlo's Juve more than this year's team.

Yes no CR7 and never seen so many shots that should have been goals that weren't converted with this Juve. Though with what players Max has available, games like today have happened too often. Max is in charge, scapegoat or whatever one wants to call it, he will take the fall.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
According to Maxi, Allegri should have scored those. :boh:
If we use this logic then we might as well excuse all of Conte's defeats with tottenham while we're at at it. After all, it's just the players fault, never the manager's. Be consistent with your reasoning.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
@Juventino[RUS] A lot that you post I'm not in agreement with but in another thread you replied to posters that stated Juve isn't able to press teams successfully which we have seen too often over relegation-like quality opponents. And you mentioned what about against Inter. I thought the same thing watching that match.

Well here's a stat line showing how much Juve was controlling the match. I have no idea how this can't happen against the Bologna's of serie a?
1650145189193.png

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't think it's effective or sustainable. We'd be worse off if we played this whole season like that
Exactly.

Every time we played “high pressing” yolo football we came out on the losing end.

This team is atrocious and Allegri has been right most of the season playing defensive and on the counter. It simply isn’t capable of more.

Allegri has been a disappointment so far this season, but this is a shit squad of unmotivated and overrated players. We need a HUGE mercato this summer to even try to begin to fix the mess that the predecessors have left.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We control the game but we are not clinical. we need chance after chance to get a goal
If we compare what happen when Villareal beat Munchen last week, they only need 1 shot on goal at late game to turn things around and get that crucial goal and last laugh at Bayern and Nagelsmann

Basically Emery play the Allegri gameplan against big team, but once we are the big team, Bologna play that gameplan and can stole that goal today

To make things worse, our response when this kind of things happen(score left behind) we will be rushing and sometimes we lost the ball by wrong pass at final third, wayward or high above shoot.

Statistically we will add way more shoots to our stats but rarely of them is a real danger/threat
The players try so hard to get a goal and they didn't have schematic movement to disrupt enemy defensive line, so it become a frontal clash in tight space for us (where that is put us at disadvantage). while we did get some shoots or chance from the cross, we can't finish it clear because of that stumble block

And the more bad news too add, we dont have someone to sent the ball from deep in the midfield as a trough pass as surprise move and capitalize the space when that happen, even if someone did that forward passing the accuracy, the coordination between passer and receiver is not there

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Let's fast forward to next season...we bring in better midfielders, say SMS, even jorginho(sorry B81), a good left back and a replicate of chiesa to support vlahovic on the opposite side...of course this team will improve, just through better talent alone, but does it drastically improve this style or brand of football enough to bring us to the top domestically and in the CL? I don't think it does. Football has past what allegri is trying to dish out.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly.

Every time we played “high pressing” yolo football we came out on the losing end.

This team is atrocious and Allegri has been right most of the season playing defensive and on the counter. It simply isn’t capable of more.

Allegri has been a disappointment so far this season, but this is a shit squad of unmotivated and overrated players. We need a HUGE mercato this summer to even try to begin to fix the mess that the predecessors have left.
We lack so many things. With Chiesa out and Dybala half assedness, our offense is toothless. Pass to Cuads is all we know to do. Midfield doesnt exist for a few years now. Danilo, a RB, is our 2nd best distributor in midfield after Loca. We need leadership in every line, we need husstlers, and creators. This is to get us back to where we used to be 5-6 years ago, let alone improve on that

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
This so called "elite coach" (y'know, Pep/Klopp level apparently) is paid 9m/y and can't even teach these players how to put a through ball for Vlahovic. There were 3 or 4 really good opportunities where he made a run and someone like Cuadrado would just turn around, pass back or horizontally. You could see him get visibly frustrated with this.
I mean, what the heck do they do in training?

rainhard

May 5, 2004
This so called "elite coach" (y'know, Pep/Klopp level apparently) is paid 9m/y and can't even teach these players how to put a through ball for Vlahovic. There were 3 or 4 really good opportunities where he made a run and someone like Cuadrado would just turn around, pass back or horizontally. You could see him get visibly frustrated with this.
I mean, what the heck do they do in training?
Agree you can see how many times Vlahovic start timing his run for through ball just to jog off again. The others just can't see that
because we are focusing on keeping the possession and forget to launch the attack. When the attack come, opponent defender already thick in defense and brawl Vlahovic then make him looks like a loser

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thanks for above and I understand. What I ask you, would you prefer to have a Juve that could do that? Just totally take subpar serie a teams out of any chance of winning by halftime.
You need to play at a high tempo for that, and all year doing it wont be sustainable with our squad. Quality and stamina isnt there, plus the constant injuries. I prefer the Juve way, play ourselves into form until February and then finish the season strong. It makes us win due to individual quality and solid organisation first half of the season (which we dont have now), and then steamroll the most important part of the season, end of February to May. If Allegri can find his formula again, and we give him some top class players, thats when we used to be at our best

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Agree you can see how many times Vlahovic start timing his run for through ball just to jog off again. The others just can't see that
because we are focusing on keeping the possession and forget to launch the attack. When the attack come, opponent defender already thick in defense and brawl Vlahovic then make him looks like a loser
Seen Ronaldo make 100s of runs playing for us only to be left frustrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 578)