out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'll rephrase for your dumbass. If he was your second choice, explain why you think he is useless now.
So Pirlo finally out of the equation now? Thanks for the rephrase lol.

I said make a decision on him at the end of season. As for right now, I don't know, take a look at the table and results again? Eat something healthy or get some sleep or whatever else you need to do?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The Ronaldo experiment meant we never properly invested in the rest of the squad. His late departure was not well prepared.

We progressed from one of the champions league favorites when Ronaldo joined to a team with a quality level barely able to achieve a top 4 finish. The team is weaker than last season where we were lucky to make the top 4 with an unproven manager.

Our Goalkeeper is unreliable. Our midfield is packed full of mediocre players perhaps with the exception of Locatelli. Ironically, our defense is actually one of the strongest points. Our strongest offensive players in my opinion are Chiesa and Cuadrado - whose optimum position is attacking right wing. Dybala can't get a decent run of consistent physical form. Morata is average and inconsistent at best, Kean is not a proven goal scorer. We lack real leadership in midfield and attack at present.

I don't totally blame Allegri. His DNA on the team has gone after Sarri, and Pirlo's push to play a completely different brand of football.

I think we should persist with Allegri - would be silly to sack him. He needs time. Top 4 finish is the priority right now. We are 4 points off and still a realistic chance but it will be very tough.

Jun 6, 2015
He was my second choice after Zidane. Also depends on the availability and quality of other coaches but I was wrong. Great cup coach even with some shortcomings and "just" a good league coach, not best of the best (there are people who actually thought we won those 5 titles thanks to him and not bc we had the best squads by far). But with Conte and Lukaku gone, thought that was enough.

Obviously should get the rest of the season (unless there's downward spiral and top 4 is in serious jeopardy) and then evaluate. Coaches are usually let go when they lose the dressing room.
When is Zizou arriving by the way? I thought the prophecy was that Agnelli had that deal sorted long ago :p

- - - Updated - - -

Someone pointed out that Allegri used Benta-Arthur just to see if the combination would work, basically throwing ingredients against the wall to see if it sticks, possibly because he didn't follow our matches at all last season. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, this is unacceptable to me. Anybody can throw together a team with whatever combinations and permutations and see if something works. That's not coaching, a freaking computer algorithm can do that.

Sometimes second stints at a job don't always work out. Organizations change, people change, processes change, the competition changes, et cetera. Hoping to garner results based on a snapshot of time a few years ago isn't a competent strategy. Some of these players need to be broken of their ways, or benched forever, not coddled because they've been there forever or have high salaries.
Arthur and Bentancur were actually our best midfield combination last season. They played together when we had our longest run of good results.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The lengths people will go to defend this man by shifting all the blame onto our players, yet they couldn't give the same benefit of the doubt to Sarri and Pirlo who both, at this rate, did a better job than Allegri is currently doing (not that I liked either of them)
Maybe its because he has won 11 titles with Juve and taken us to two CL finals? I dont know, maybe that track record earns you little more trust and patience?

Maybe thats just silly me, basing how to evaluate coaches in what they actually done.

If it was novice coach I would said fouri. But since this is the same coach who had worst start in club history in 2015-2016, then went on a tear of 25 undefeated games to grab unexpected title, I would say he MAYBE has another gear to get out of this team.

Don't expect titles or huge unbeaten streaks, this squad isn't built for that. But maybe, just maybe, he has it in him to tacticallly take it up a notch and improve this sinking ship.

God help us all if he cant do it, one of the most successful coaches in clubs history.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our squad is not good and I agree with that. But the way we played when Conte arrived was brilliant and something we should strive for. Conte had a team with plenty of mediocrity and played way better. Not only he had a bad squad but years before his arrival we looked like absolute shit. The change of mentality was INSTANT and our players bad balls, ran their lungs out. You may like Conte or not, face it, when he arrived here we started playing amazing. With Allegri we're getting 5% of that. It's disappointing. Hell, I even wanted Allegri here but this stuff is horrible so far.
Conte is made for building teams from scratch. Allegri isn't. That's the main difference between them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Maybe its because he has won 11 titles with Juve and taken us to two CL finals? I dont know, maybe that track record earns you little more trust and patience?

Maybe thats just silly me, basing how evaluate coaches in what they actually done.

If it was novice coach I would said fouri. But since this is the same coach who had worst start in club history in 2015-2016, then went on a tear of 25 undefeated games to grab unexpected title, I would say he MAYBE has another gear to get out of this team

Don't expect titles or huge unbeaten streaks, this squad isn't built for that. But maybe, just maybe, he has it in him to tacticallly take it up a notch and improve this sinking ship.

God help us all if he cant do it, one of the most successful coaches in clubs history.
Sounds fairly easy to understand to me.

Let's see who's still confused.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Conte is made for building teams from scratch. Allegri isn't. That's the main difference between them.
also, conte can't be relied on for more than 2-3 seasons.

btw allegri rebuilt his squad almost every summer, and somehow always found a way to make his half new team tick. we look shit and he looks like out of ideas sometimes, i still trust him. forza max.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
People blaming the quality of the squad for not being able to beat likes of verona are so precious :rofl:
None of the results happen in a vacuum so this reasoning makes no sense

Loss to Verona is a product of the general state of the club and squad. Allegri has done far from a great job this season, but if your players are capable of going 10 unbeaten, 8 wins and then lose two in a row to Sassuolo and Verona it shows a much deeper problem

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
None of the results happen in a vacuum so this reasoning makes no sense

Loss to Verona is a product of the general state of the club and squad. Allegri has done far from a great job this season, but if your players are capable of going 10 unbeaten, 8 wins and then lose two in a row to Sassuolo and Verona it shows a much deeper problem
wouldn't be surprised if some in here attribute it to merda screwing
us in 06.. they watch the documentary "bad sport" on Netflix it explains why our players stand around our box scratching thier balls against inter it's because of club history and mismanagement.
Not to say that all the mismanagement arguments is not true but like you say if we went 10 unbeaten and won 8 what so our players forget about the 5 years of mismanagement or that "much deeper problem" during those 10 games? No it has nothing to do with not being able to beat a mid table team(s) and everything to do with approach of the coach and the system set up and organization thats the "deep" problem.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
The Ronaldo experiment meant we never properly invested in the rest of the squad. His late departure was not well prepared.

We progressed from one of the champions league favorites when Ronaldo joined to a team with a quality level barely able to achieve a top 4 finish. The team is weaker than last season where we were lucky to make the top 4 with an unproven manager.

Our Goalkeeper is unreliable. Our midfield is packed full of mediocre players perhaps with the exception of Locatelli. Ironically, our defense is actually one of the strongest points. Our strongest offensive players in my opinion are Chiesa and Cuadrado - whose optimum position is attacking right wing. Dybala can't get a decent run of consistent physical form. Morata is average and inconsistent at best, Kean is not a proven goal scorer. We lack real leadership in midfield and attack at present.

I don't totally blame Allegri. His DNA on the team has gone after Sarri, and Pirlo's push to play a completely different brand of football.

I think we should persist with Allegri - would be silly to sack him. He needs time. Top 4 finish is the priority right now. We are 4 points off and still a realistic chance but it will be very tough.
I agree with everything but something will need to be done if we keep losing to bottom table clubs like this.

It sucks that this is what we have to offer him in terms of squad but his job is to get results no matter what and him being such a professional guy surely knows that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 579)