out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Allegri: Morata is not scoring at the moment. Maybe tomorrow he scores and then for a few games he will be consistent in scoring. It's not that Morata suddenly became bad. Some moments you just don't score

Allegri: I feel myself the coach of Juventus. A challenge I accepted. To give some help to go back to win. It's not easy because it's not that you can do it in one day.

Together with the players we are working towards it. At the moment it's not working well. 5 days ago, things were going well. In 5 days we threw everything away

Allegri: Playing vs teams like Verona is never easy. We didn't even start bad. We conceded a goal being passive. Arthur and Locatelli can play together. Sometimes they can play together, sometimes one will play or the other. Tomorrow it's an important game to reach the first objective of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri: Tomorrow it would be beautiful to reach the first objective of the season to focus on Serie A then

Allegri: De Ligt & Chiesa are ok. The ones not availables are Kean Ramsey De Sciglio

Allegri: Playing a lot of games in a row it's difficult to play with the same players that are 100% starters in the midfield

Allegri: In a few game days we throw away all the good we did previously. We conceded too much goals to teams that with all the respect won deserving it but are between the 20th & 10th place. Even with the ones we won like Spezia

Allegri: If I had the guarantee that playing with 3 in the back we would never concede I would even go with 7 behind but football is not like this. It's important to understand the different moments of the game

Allegri: even vs Zenit, we won but during a lot of moments we didn't play well

Allegri: We don't have to speak about what the problem is but how to solve it.
In football there is a rule: Who's winning is right, who's losing is wrong. At the moment for us it's best to shut up and concentrate on the field to win.

In football, like in life we have to do more than just speak.

We can't just change the way we played until now. Because we already did great before the last 2 games.

We have to be SILENT. not always speak. What do you want to speak about

Morata, Dybala & Chiesa already played together vs Sassuolo for example.
The teams can play in a lot of ways. Then it depends of what they are disposed to do.
If Chiesa can start tomorrow we will see who will start

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
wouldn't be surprised if some in here attribute it to merda screwing
us in 06.. they watch the documentary "bad sport" on Netflix it explains why our players stand around our box scratching thier balls against inter it's because of club history and mismanagement.
Not to say that all the mismanagement arguments is not true but like you say if we went 10 unbeaten and won 8 what so our players forget about the 5 years of mismanagement or that "much deeper problem" during those 10 games? No it has nothing to do with not being able to beat a mid table team(s) and everything to do with approach of the coach and the system set up and organization thats the "deep" problem.
Lol no

Evra said literally two days ago that Allegri cares much more about smaller matches and prepares more for them. Almost all of the matches during that run were CL or derbies. He got a reaction out of them after the bad start and they became comfortable again.

Jun 16, 2020
It wouldn't be good enough for me, but still a lot depends on how we look at the end of the season. Is there clear improvement?

There was none under Pirlo. The same all season, just a back and furth. Nothing that indicates he's capable of building a team. It'd have been madness to continue with a newb that offers zero guarantees for ever getting it right.

Max has shown before he can build teams, so of course I'll be more patient with him, as we know what he's capable of.
This is a transitional season, as it was last year. There was so much to rebuild in the squad while being limited by covid. The mercato went from 6,5b, to 4,5b to 3b (Agnelli’s words during the shareholders meeting), that it’s in every sense quite logical that the rebuilding process takes some time.

Most went wrong due to Paratici and we kicked him out.

For me this season is working on the sustainability. Finding a tactic that works while being able to play our best players (Chiesa and Dybala together). And cleaning the last bits of trash out. From next year and on we should be able to aim higher.

Reaching the top 4 is our aim, as it’s provides the financial benefits and of course the experience that this young team needs in CL.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
This is a transitional season, as it was last year. There was so much to rebuild in the squad while being limited by covid. The mercato went from 6,5b, to 4,5b to 3b (Agnelli’s words during the shareholders meeting), that it’s in every sense quite logical that the rebuilding process takes some time.

Most went wrong due to Paratici and we kicked him out.

For me this season is working on the sustainability. Finding a tactic that works while being able to play our best players (Chiesa and Dybala together). And cleaning the last bits of trash out. From next year and on we should be able to aim higher.

Reaching the top 4 is our aim, as it’s provides the financial benefits and of course the experience that this young team needs in CL.
Agree with the transitional season...but this is juve and patience is never an option.

What I expect from allegri now is first to find the right tactical formula and start to implement it consistency. Then two, work out who is worthy of being part of the juventus future.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Don't you agree that through the 5 years of his first stint this coach molded the team, brought his touch in the end, and we were still successful?

We don't act like a team since two thirds of the squad are mentally fragile and don't have work ethics. Change coach as many times as you want, it was apparent with all our previous coaches irrespective of the quality of the coach.

His team in his first stint had great players, its disingenuous to say he has the same material now.
Absolutely he is a really good coach and did exceptionally well for us especially the first 3 years. He had better material to work with for sure both in terms of individuals and in terms of how the work together and the collective mentality.

Overall I think Conte was perfect for us when the team had many big holes on paper and had a broken spirit with no game plan/style. Allegri was perfect to take this high functioning team to a new level in Europe. Conte is great at laying foundations for success (tactical & mental), Allegri takes this inheritance and optimizes it for even greater success. You want Conte when you are starting a new build, Allegri when you have a solid system in place and need to inject the extra optimization.

We are now watching Allegri attempt the Conte job of building from rubble. I am really interested in seeing how he fares and what an Allegri team built from scratch will look like.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Conte has never approached the acumen that Allegri showed in Europe. I don't even think he has gotten close tbh. What Allegri is up to nowadays is an entirely different story, I agree.

I'm not even sure if Conte is a proper team builder. What kind of team did you build if you're going out in the group stage. He's a drill sergeant that squeezes every ounce of value from your average players because of his insanely structured system (they don't have to think or express themselves).

How far that gets you in Europe has been seen for a while now. Not very far.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Conte's limit was domestic domination but we were miles off the European elite, not winning the Europa League was disgusting. Allegri took us higher and nearly to the top of the pile. There is a gulf in quality but of course, Conte deserves credit for his achievements. I'd take Conte for the Sarri/Pirlo seasons but still come back to Allegri to take us beyond. Until Conte does something in Europe, my opinion will remain the same.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte has never approached the acumen that Allegri showed in Europe. I don't even think he has gotten close tbh. What Allegri is up to nowadays is an entirely different story, I agree.

I'm not even sure if Conte is a proper team builder. What kind of team did you build if you're going out in the group stage. He's a drill sergeant that squeezes every ounce of value from your average players because of his insanely structured system (they don't have to think or express themselves).

You are making it seem like teams that just finished 7th or 8th, and haven't won in a long time to League champions sound like a cake walk. Conte did it thrice first with us, then with Chelsea and if neither of these convinced the doubters he then went on to do it with eternal losers Inter. All 3 went from considering top 4 an achievement to local champions that are now looking to win in Europe.

Insanely structured system is exactly what broken teams need

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You are making it seem like teams that just finished 7th or 8th, and haven't won in a long time to League champions sound like a cake walk. Conte did it thrice first with us, then with Chelsea and if neither of these convinced the doubters he then went on to do it with eternal losers Inter. All 3 went from considering top 4 an achievement to local champions that are now looking to win in Europe.

Insanely structured system is exactly what broken teams need
Chelsea were champions in 2015, those exact same players, so there is nothing he rebuilt. They just needed Mourinho gone and a great coach in, which he filled in well. Also, what happened to Chelsea the following year when they finished 5th? Doesn't his rebuild last well into the next coaches tenure, so why it crumbled during his there?

At inter he lost the league his first year by a team that won 83pts. That's less than we won in his first season at Juve, and least by a champion in 9 years. Inter finished just 4 above Lazio as well, who were carrying momentum and played great before the covid break, and their form dropped off badly after the restart. The team was more or less the same as the following year with the exception of wingbacks, so what prevented him from winning more than 82pts here?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

If it was just a one-off failure in Europe that’d be one thing. But multiple group stage and/or early exits speaks volumes.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
So people are saying that if Conte gets to coach a top team in the world (like a top 4), he would never get his team to a CL semi final or so? because he didnt have great success in CL so far? So even if he could make a team play at a super high level, then some sort of curse would hinder that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So people are saying that if Conte gets to coach a top team in the world (like a top 4), he would never get his team to a CL semi final or so? because he didnt have great success in CL so far? So even if he could make a team play at a super high level, then some sort of curse would hinder that.
Well he hasn't really coached mediocre teams has he? Failed to pass the group with us and then twice with inter, behind teams like Gladbach, Shakhtar, Galata. And you guys are praising him to be a great "league coach", and group stage is the part of CL that's played in league format

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah his CL campaigns definitely dont look good! But I dont see why that would continue like that.
Just like Ranieri and Sarri were eternal losers (and still are maybe), before they also eventually won. Ranieri even won higher international recognition than Allegri ever has, with his wonder season.
In my opinion, current form and process are more important than past success, in predicting the future success. But of course, if you have both, then you are set!
So lets hope Allegri can pick up some form and that we can start to see some real game plan and movement patterns in the next 5 games. Its crunch time, starting tonight!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Exactly. This has nothing to do with transfer windows.

Our squad is worth dozens of millions and our wages are incredibly high. Saying we're not good enough for Empoli and Verona is just plain stupid and silly.
If you ever needed any proof that money doesn't guarantee results, just look at Juve.
We are spending a shitload of money on players who aren't even good enough to be backup players. Our squad isn't even worth half of what we're actually paying for it. 20 or 30% seems about right.

I still think Allegri can make something of this season, but some players need to be frozen out of the squad asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)