out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If you ever needed any proof that money doesn't guarantee results, just look at Juve.
We are spending a shitload of money on players who aren't even good enough to be backup players. Our squad isn't even worth half of what we're actually paying for it. 20 or 30% seems about right.

I still think Allegri can make something of this season, but some players need to be frozen out of the squad asap.
Please elaborate.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Arthur, Rabiot & probably Ramsey.

So yeah, that does leave us with a lack of midfield options. :grin:
Fully agreed on Rabiot and Ramsey, the Welshman barely plays and Rabiot cannot really claim to be better than Bentancur who is paid 3 times less. Not agreed on Arthur though, first I'd like to see how he does under Allegri, but at this time of course his starter level salary and performances is a big contrast.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If you ever needed any proof that money doesn't guarantee results, just look at Juve.
We are spending a shitload of money on players who aren't even good enough to be backup players. Our squad isn't even worth half of what we're actually paying for it. 20 or 30% seems about right.

I still think Allegri can make something of this season, but some players need to be frozen out of the squad asap.
While i do agree with that, fully, I also think they should be capable of easily beating teams that just joined Serie A or bottom table clubs. It's beyond pathetic. Hell, I don't even mind dropping points as much as I mind playing like absolute crap or not showing anything on the pitch.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
While i do agree with that, fully, I also think they should be capable of easily beating teams that just joined Serie A or bottom table clubs. It's beyond pathetic. Hell, I don't even mind dropping points as much as I mind playing like absolute crap or not showing anything on the pitch.
Well we are so lethargic it's awful. And while we have some great, we lack that grinta. I would just fuckin sold for penauts or even release half of the team, show them that they are replaceable.

Bring in youngsters, who gives a shit if they are worse then the current crop of players, we can hardly play worse then we are aplaying at the momen.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Absolutely he is a really good coach and did exceptionally well for us especially the first 3 years. He had better material to work with for sure both in terms of individuals and in terms of how the work together and the collective mentality.

Overall I think Conte was perfect for us when the team had many big holes on paper and had a broken spirit with no game plan/style. Allegri was perfect to take this high functioning team to a new level in Europe. Conte is great at laying foundations for success (tactical & mental), Allegri takes this inheritance and optimizes it for even greater success. You want Conte when you are starting a new build, Allegri when you have a solid system in place and need to inject the extra optimization.

We are now watching Allegri attempt the Conte job of building from rubble. I am really interested in seeing how he fares and what an Allegri team built from scratch will look like.
This is exactly my thought. I feel at the moment the need of a coach like Conte was. I stand my point, Allegri doesn't seem to be the one to deliver it.

Chelsea were champions in 2015, those exact same players, so there is nothing he rebuilt. They just needed Mourinho gone and a great coach in, which he filled in well. Also, what happened to Chelsea the following year when they finished 5th? Doesn't his rebuild last well into the next coaches tenure, so why it crumbled during his there?
Champions 14/15 then crumbled to a 10th place 15/16. Exactly what seems to be happening with us right now. We need somebody to superglue the balls back to our players, else we'll stay at this midtable rank. I hope Allegri can do it, but i kinda doubt it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
This is exactly my thought. I feel at the moment the need of a coach like Conte was. I stand my point, Allegri doesn't seem to be the one to deliver it.

Champions 14/15 then crumbled to a 10th place 15/16. Exactly what seems to be happening with us right now. We need somebody to superglue the balls back to our players, else we'll stay at this midtable rank. I hope Allegri can do it, but i kinda doubt it.
gold :lol:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

allegri cheated on his wife before he divorced her. I think he has family problems atm.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Champions 16/17 then crumbled to a 5th place 17/18. Exactly what will be happening to us?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We need somebody to superglue the balls back to our players, else we'll stay at this midtable rank. I hope Allegri can do it, but i kinda doubt it.
Did it once already.

He superglued the balls back onto our players after Conte downtalked them in interview after interview, stating we not good enough for the CL, when it's just him sucking donkey balls in europe ever since.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He managed to keep us winning after the directors replaced Tevez, Vidal and Pirlo with Pjanic, Hernanes and a 21 year old from Palermo. Makes no sense to me why any Juve fan wouldn't trust Allegri to make this team right.
Imo even this season he could have managed something if the directors didn't replace Ronaldo with Kean, or get some else instead of spending 10m on mediocrity for a 1 year loan.

Aug 2, 2005
Conte did a remarkable job with the team we had.
People tends to forget his first season

- he made a coherent and functioning team.
- No midweek games.
- new stadium.
- thirsty champions (ADP, Buffon, solid defense, MVP)
- decline of Inter and Milan
- lack of quality in other Serie A teams

All combined made the success in the first year.
The Conte effect was a fundamental factor.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 36, Guests: 399)