out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 22, 2016
What's with this hate on Pep and his style of play? Is it really bad to have actual goal scoring plan and exciting football throughout the season ?

I much rather we have a coach like Pep and destroy every team in the league and build a big team mentality rather than boring 1-0 football with bringing defenders to protect it.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You’ve gotta give praise to managers like Pep. He has his ideas and philosophy and brings energy. That’s the type of manager I’d like. Watched an interview from him the other week where he says it’s his job to get the team to take the ball towards the box and it’s then the job of the forwards to take it from there. I don’t have a favourite. But either Zidane, Pep or even Sarri I’d take. All who like to play football. None of this we score and sit back and watch you play bollocks.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Allegri is a fantastic coach in the fact that he bring results, so in Serie A its an absolute guarantee we're gonna win the league every year since we have such depth and we play the games safely; usually 1-0 or 2-0 and sit back after the 75th minute. Our game style is not intensive pressing, nor is it fast paced tiki taka. It's slow build up play with usually high possession levels where we try to grind out gaps to cross or pass to the middle for our strikers. If we can't find any, we roll the ball back to the CBs or GK to try again from the start.

However in the CL the quality gap is absolutely massive and this style doesn't work, as we don't ever have to face the likes of Atletico or Bayern there. When we go in the games with a play-it-safe mentality while the opposition goes in pressing like mad dogs, we become overwhelmed. We pass around our own 16 yard box until we are forced to cross it right into the opposition who starts the attacks again. Our mids constantly misplace passes since our players don't actively search for passing lanes and we let them run right over us.

We have the players to win these games, but our tactical approach is all wrong, and Allegri is doing the Einstein quote of insanity by keeping the 4-3-3 with three strikers and starting De Shitlio and Khedira. I'd suggest we should try a 3-4-3 to get another extra man in CB for solidity and allowing Bonucci more freedom to get long passes to our attackers and wings. We have to get through the wings as we only have two quality midfielders. Khedira is ass, Bentancur is ass and Can is ass. Matuidi and Pjanic are the only ones that are CL-quality mids and we need to play to our real strengths. This the formation Conte used to bulldoze the PL, as the team played to its strengths. There's unfortunately no space for Dybala, who needs to play in a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-3-1 to be at his best. He sucks ass when played out of position.

---------------------Szcesny---------------------
----------Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini------
-Cancelo--Pjanic--Matuidi--Sandro-
-------Costa-----Mandzu---Ronaldo-----

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You’ve gotta give praise to managers like Pep. He has his ideas and philosophy and brings energy. That’s the type of manager I’d like. Watched an interview from him the other week where he says it’s his job to get the team to take the ball towards the box and it’s then the job of the forwards to take it from there. I don’t have a favourite. But either Zidane, Pep or even Sarri I’d take. All who like to play football. None of this we score and sit back and watch you play bollocks.
Pep has a style but I thought we wanted someone to win us the CL?

He has completely underachieved at both Man City and Bayern in Europe. I'm also surprised that they aren't winning the PL given the squad he has.

I do agree about wanting someone to not score and sit back though.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Pep has a style but I thought we wanted someone to win us the CL?

He has completely underachieved at both Man City and Bayern in Europe. I'm also surprised that they aren't winning the PL given the squad he has.

I do agree about wanting someone to not score and sit back though.
People assume it is easy to win the champions league but you need your fair share of luck to win the champions League apart from having a good team and good manager

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
People assume it is easy to win the champions league but you need your fair share of luck to win the champions League apart from having a good team and good manager
The very basic of winning the champions league for the past five years have been to...ATTACK ATTACK AND ATTACK. When you can’t even do that, don’t bother thinking about luck, Mr. Allegri.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The very basic of winning the champions league for the past five years have been to...ATTACK ATTACK AND ATTACK. When you can’t even do that, don’t bother thinking about luck, Mr. Allegri.
No it's been Real, Real and Real. Atletico being in the final twice and narrowly missing (once by a last minute goal and once in penalties) is not in favor or that narrative.
We attacked the same Real in 2017 final first half, and the rest is history.
It's much more complicated than that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Not necessarily attack like mad men, cuz that could get you wrecked too... but i agree that having a healthy those of attacking tactics and players is the way to go.

Right now we lack a lot

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
No it's been Real, Real and Real. Atletico being in the final twice and narrowly missing (once by a last minute goal and once in penalties) is not in favor or that narrative.
We attacked the same Real in 2017 final first half, and the rest is history.
It's much more complicated than that.
I do think that you need a good midfield to succeed in Europe

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree and I wouldnt hold it against him. Having one of the best players in the world doesnt automatically make you CL winner or finalist. Messi and Barca would have been undisputed winners or finalists over the last decade. However this isnt an excuse for uninspiring and gutless performance against Atletico, where we lacked any kind of structure or cohesion.

I believe for return leg Allegri can at least set up a team that would keep QF hopes alive, where would be chasing 1 goal for most of the game. It's far from over. He has made very few mistakes over the last 5 years and he reads the game better than any other coach, hence my optimism we could pull this off.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree and I wouldnt hold it against him. Having one of the best players in the world doesnt automatically make you CL winner or finalist. Messi and Barca would have been undisputed winners or finalists over the last decade. However this isnt an excuse for uninspiring and gutless performance against Atletico, where we lacked any kind of structure or cohesion.

I believe for return leg Allegri can at least set up a team that would keep QF hopes alive, where would be chasing 1 goal for most of the game. It's far from over. He has made very few mistakes over the last 5 years and he reads the game better than any other coach, hence my optimism we could pull this off.
I don't know. I feel he's clutching at straws here and looking for excuses. No one is saying it's easy, but at least put up a fight ffs! We barely had a whiff in the first leg. How many shots on target? one, possibly two? Our performance was abysmal.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't know. I feel he's clutching at straws here and looking for excuses. No one is saying it's easy, but at least put up a fight ffs! We barely had a whiff in the first leg. How many shots on target? one, possibly two? Our performance was abysmal.
True, that is what bothers me the most. We got bullied around without throwing back any punch. Most of our attempts were easily shut down in areas Atletico lured us in. We lacked organization in the final third and initiative to put up a fight when they came at us. For the return leg however all bets are off and there wont be time for cautious approach.

Aug 2, 2005
I agree you need luck to win CL,, however, ai really did not hear Zidane, Ronaldo, Ramos, Messi, Suarez etc always keep saying that they need luck. It is not just Allegri, also our management and the Italian players who keep saying this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 41, Guests: 337)