out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree you need luck to win CL,, however, ai really did not hear Zidane, Ronaldo, Ramos, Messi, Suarez etc always keep saying that they need luck. It is not just Allegri, also our management and the Italian players who keep saying this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because thats a good excuse to come up with when everyting else fails. The supernatural card.

But what i saw in the first leg against ATM, was nothing that resembled supernatural. Just a lack of guts

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Every football manager needs a bit of luck to secure a legacy, whether it is a single incident, the inheritance of a golden generation or the literal luck of the draw.
Zinedine Zidane can point to his route to the Champions League final as evidence that even with a team full of superstars, good fortune is paramount when the stakes are so high.
http://www.espn.in/football/club/re...-luckpart-judgment-as-another-ucl-final-looms

Jun 6, 2015
Allegri is right though. The expectations are unrealistic. We are currently going through one of the most successful spells in the clubs history. I do understand that the CL is an obsession for many Juve fans, but it's not healthy to evaluate everything through it. It's not like the players, coach and owners don't want it just like we do.

I have to say that I find the way some people talk about him pretty disgusting,. He has been hugely successful here and has given this club so much. It's fine to feel it's time for a change, but people are acting like he's a total turd these days. Which he clearly is not. Gratitude really isn't a virtue that is appreciated around here.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri is right though. The expectations are unrealistic. We are currently going through one of the most successful spells in the clubs history. I do understand that the CL is an obsession for many Juve fans, but it's not healthy to evaluate everything through it. It's not like the players, coach and owners don't want it just like we do.

I have to say that I find the way some people talk about him pretty disgusting,. He has been hugely successful here and has given this club so much. It's fine to feel it's time for a change, but people are acting like he's a total turd these days. Which he clearly is not. Gratitude really isn't a virtue that is appreciated around here.
Most people think that changing coach will solve all our problems pep has spent 500 million euros and still man city has not won the champions League

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

He is diverting from specific criticism using generic statements

'Max, why didn't you make any subs after your team didn't create a chance in 45 minutes?'
'Ey yooo Juventus fans have way too high expecations'

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I don't know. I feel he's clutching at straws here and looking for excuses. No one is saying it's easy, but at least put up a fight ffs! We barely had a whiff in the first leg. How many shots on target? one, possibly two? Our performance was abysmal.
Yeah idk what his game plan was supposed to be, whether it would work or not is another story..Can't even guess what he was trying for..To attack? Surely not. To defend? By giving that much space? We started to press at 1/4 FFS.. i was surprised by this more than anything. Just by proper pressing and doubling this was a 0-0 at worst I have zero doubt..Almost had to try to F this up this fking joker..

Jun 6, 2015
He is diverting from specific criticism using generic statements

'Max, why didn't you make any subs after your team didn't create a chance in 45 minutes?'
'Ey yooo Juventus fans have way too high expecations'
“I was angry with the way we lost to Atletico Madrid, but I was angry with myself, not with the critics."

"The criticisms are part of the game and I accept them if they are constructive. I work with great passion and enthusiasm and try to set an example with my behaviour."
I'm pretty sure he is disappointed and knows full well we weren't good enough in that game. He is just tired that everything is evaluated through the CL. He has been answering questions about that game for two weeks now. It was prematch presser for Napoli, one of our main rivals. Perhaps focus on that for a while.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pep has a style but I thought we wanted someone to win us the CL?

He has completely underachieved at both Man City and Bayern in Europe. I'm also surprised that they aren't winning the PL given the squad he has.

I do agree about wanting someone to not score and sit back though.
They currently are winning the PL. Liverpool are cracking right now and City I believe will win the league again. Winning CL boils down to mentality of the players. City somehow haven’t got that in Europe. And I can’t answer as to what happened at Bayern.

I just want us to attack teams and have some sort of style to our game and not individuals getting us out of the shit all the time. We have the players to do well but at times we look like a dog tied up outside of a shop.

Jun 6, 2015
If it was the Napoli presser maybe he is the one who should be focusing and not bitching about high unrealistic expectations of CL

He can deal with these expectations or fuck off.

They aren't going anywhere
He answers the questions the reporters ask.

He has dealt with the high expectations just fine. Proven by the fact that he has been here for almost five years.

You can have big goals without those becoming unhealthy obsessions. That is basically what he is trying to say.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Imagine a team with our personel playing tiki taka :lol3:
If Pep was our manager in the past few years instead of Allegri, our current personnel would look quite different.

We’d have more technical players in our team, and less donkeys with”physical presence” like Khedira and Matuidi

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If Pep was our manager in the past few years instead of Allegri, our current personnel would look quite different.

We’d have more technical players in our team, and less donkeys with”physical presence” like Khedira and Matuidi
its been obvious for some time now that the coach doesn't have much input in signing players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

While I agree with everything you said only one thing makes me wonder, the expectations are unrealistic. Really? You claim over and over again that the CL is your goal, you go and invest in Ronaldo mostly to help you achieve your goal. You reach the final twice in the past five seasons and you tell me that winning the CL as an expectation is unrealistic? What qualifies as realistic if you expect your club to win the CL?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
its been obvious for some time now that the coach doesn't have much input in signing players.
De Sciglio was Allegri’s personal request.

If Pep was our manager, we’d probably go after cheaper technical players like Lo Celso and Fornals.

Matuidi wouldn’t even make the bench squad nevermind start regularly. Bernardeschi would probably be converted into a midfielder.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
He answers the questions the reporters ask.

He has dealt with the high expectations just fine. Proven by the fact that he has been here for almost five years.

You can have big goals without those becoming unhealthy obsessions. That is basically what he is trying to say.
Unhealthy obsessions sounds like something winners like CR7 have and we lack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 298)