out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's the fans who have an unhealthy obsession, and that eventually spills over to the field and onto the players this affecting the team mentality. The players we have are all winners, if anything is affecting their mentality in CL it is exogenous.
Why is the fans obsession in the CL unhealthy? We have all the right to want to win it and we have all the means for that.

Jun 6, 2015
While I agree with everything you said only one thing makes me wonder, the expectations are unrealistic. Really? You claim over and over again that the CL is your goal, you go and invest in Ronaldo mostly to help you achieve your goal. You reach the final twice in the past five seasons and you tell me that winning the CL as an expectation is unrealistic? What qualifies as realistic if you expect your club to win the CL?
I think winning CL is a realistic goal, but thinking everything is a failure if that goal isn't reached is too high of a standard. Basically at the moment CL is all that matters to some.

- - - Updated - - -

De Sciglio was Allegri’s personal request.

If Pep was our manager, we’d probably go after cheaper technical players like Lo Celso and Fornals.

Matuidi wouldn’t even make the bench squad nevermind start regularly. Bernardeschi would probably be converted into a midfielder.
You do know that you and Pep aren't the same person? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Unhealthy obsessions sounds like something winners like CR7 have and we lack
Ronaldo has an obsession over winning and being the best. It's not limited to CL. Also not everyone is Ronaldo.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
WTF is this unhealthy obsession BS?? At this level it's not acceptable for a team of this Calibre to be so unprepared I don't give flying fuks what he has won all this time... when you drive a car well the police don't pull you over to thank you for good driving but when you F up they pull you over for a ticket.

Jun 6, 2015
WTF is this unhealthy obsession BS?? At this level it's not acceptable for a team of this Calibre to be so unprepared I don't give flying fuks what he has won all this time... when you drive a car well the police don't pull you over to thank you for good driving but when you F up they pull you over for a ticket.
Nice analogy.

Your post pretty much demonstrates the whole point we are talking about. It's completely fine to be unhappy about the result against Atletico, but thinking it's all he should be evaluated on is just ignorant.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nice analogy.

Your post pretty much demonstrates the whole point we are talking about. It's completely fine to be unhappy about the result against Atletico, but thinking it's all he should be evaluated on is just ignorant.
But for this season, just for this season. Why isn't it warranted to evaluate his work as a failure going to such a crucial test without doing his homework?

Jun 6, 2015
But for this season, just for this season. Why isn't it warranted to evaluate his work as a failure going to such a crucial test without doing his homework?
There's absolutely no chance of Allegri not doing his homework against Atletico. He and the team simply got it wrong.

It would be a failure in the CL not to go further. However winning CL isn't our sole goal. He should be evaluated at the end of the season, just like he will be. It's up to him and Agnelli to then decide if there's still the motivation to continue together.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
They currently are winning the PL. Liverpool are cracking right now and City I believe will win the league again. Winning CL boils down to mentality of the players. City somehow haven’t got that in Europe. And I can’t answer as to what happened at Bayern.

I just want us to attack teams and have some sort of style to our game and not individuals getting us out of the shit all the time. We have the players to do well but at times we look like a dog tied up outside of a shop.
A well timed post after they went ahead before Liverpool played :D

I agree with you though, I think City will win the league. My point is with their squad they should be way out in front, not relying on Liverpool to make a mistake.

Pep has certainly underachieved in Europe since leaving Barcelona. It seems that one of the arguments against Allegri and for Pep is that Allegri hasn't won us the CL, but Pep is far from a guarantee given his recent record.

Wanting Pep for attacking football is a different argument though and I can see why people would want him for that, I'm not against it. I have to admit I'm not sure I find his tiki taka any less boring that Allegri's style but would welcome us continuing to attack more when we are in the lead of games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
De Sciglio was Allegri’s personal request.

If Pep was our manager, we’d probably go after cheaper technical players like Lo Celso and Fornals.

Matuidi wouldn’t even make the bench squad nevermind start regularly. Bernardeschi would probably be converted into a midfielder.
And Bonucci (the same Bonucci this forum loves to hate) would be Pep's most important player, as the guy absolutely loves him. :seven:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Especially considering the fact we have not invested enough money in bringing quality midfielders the last midfielder we spent 30 million euros was on the French version of sturaro
I think our midfield needs a leader. Pjanic is a world class player on his day, but he's inconsistent and not the guy to be the leader in the midfield. I think we have some decent players in the midfield, Bentancur could easily still develop into something special, he had a great start to the year, but the mentality is weak. We need that one B2B world class CM, a Vidal sort of warrior to lead our mid.

We get that, and we should be favourites to win CL imo. Without it, and we're always going to have trouble controlling games against top teams.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I think our midfield needs a leader. Pjanic is a world class player on his day, but he's inconsistent and not the guy to be the leader in the midfield. I think we have some decent players in the midfield, Bentancur could easily still develop into something special, he had a great start to the year, but the mentality is weak. We need that one B2B world class CM, a Vidal sort of warrior to lead our mid.

We get that, and we should be favourites to win CL imo. Without it, and we're always going to have trouble controlling games against top teams.
All that except we need someone with vision not Vidal and I would say not even Pogba would unlock opponents for us. We need someone with an eye I'd say right now Pirlo in flip flops would have more of a positive effect.

- - - Updated - - -

“I give my contribution and try to set the right tone. If a defeat prompts people to see total darkness, then something is wrong.”

Really a defeat? It was not A defeat, it was the most important match of the year which YOU got all wrong.take some responsibility..
This is when a manager shows his character and Max is going the wrong way about it. This guy is starting to lose my respect. "Total darkness" so dramatic instead take responsibility. Never had a problem with him or his coaching but he is starting to grow a vagina.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2009
First of all the CL was the objective for the season. However most of us would have been more forgiving if we got knocked out late in the CL.

But last 16 and the manner in which we will most likely go out is inexcusable. Im sorry to say but it's impossible to defend Allegri with the argument of "CL not being mandatory."

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
A well timed post after they went ahead before Liverpool played :D

I agree with you though, I think City will win the league. My point is with their squad they should be way out in front, not relying on Liverpool to make a mistake.

Pep has certainly underachieved in Europe since leaving Barcelona. It seems that one of the arguments against Allegri and for Pep is that Allegri hasn't won us the CL, but Pep is far from a guarantee given his recent record.

Wanting Pep for attacking football is a different argument though and I can see why people would want him for that, I'm not against it. I have to admit I'm not sure I find his tiki taka any less boring that Allegri's style but would welcome us continuing to attack more when we are in the lead of games.
I told my friend who is a Liverpool fan that the league will be like this:
Chelsea Liverpool and City all in front at the start
Then Sarri being Sarri - Chelsea will disappear
Then it will be Liverpool vs City and I told him that he doesnt want to hear the ending...
I believe City depth will be too much for Liverpool in the EPL therefore Liverpool will end 2nd not by a large margin...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 268)