out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he tends to lay low after our annual CL bust

Personally, I don't feel like following this season anymore either but on tuz, all the imbeciles (post above) came out and need patrolling
Dont worry , theres always a next season, ill be here waiting for you.

I feel you not wanting to follow the remaining part of the season. That happens when you find the harsh truth explode in your face.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Out of curiosity, would anyone consider Conte a viable replacement for Allegri should he leave or be forced out?
i think Conte burned his bridges here with Agnelli and the way he left. I dont think there is a way back for him now. At least unless something changes or happens.

It seems there were huge issues behind the closed doors in Juve when he left, between him and the board i mean.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we lose to ATM, he has to go. If, by some miracle, he manages to negotiate that tie, then let's see how far we progress in the competition.

CL RO16 exit coupled with the Coppa humiliation (and more shockingly our attitude and level of performance in these games) should seal his fate, regardless of another Scudetto win. That would simply not be good enough.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
@MikeM What's your take on all of this? Our board pretty much guaranteed his stay so it's unlikely we'll get a new coach, even getting kicked out of the CL this early.

But If I'm wrong who would you see as his best replacement?
Well the big problem for a few years now is that Allegri cannot find a consistent position for Dybala. His refusal to try him steadily as a #9 points to some sort of stubborn block in his philosophy that might not be possible to change (I posted objective stats from this year that show how often Dybala is scoring as a CF). There were lots of opportunities throughout the past couple years to try him there consistently in low pressure situations and he has refused.

So Paratici is then dealing with a situation where Dybala is "unsellable" but he does not provide "unsellable" impact to the team. Now there's another "problem" coming for Paratici because he just spent a ton of money on Ramsey and explicitly stated that Ramsey's best position is mezzala.

So where does a mezzala play? In a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2. But in a 4-3-3, Allegri will use Dybala at RW and that's a disaster. So in a 4-3-3, Allegri is already telling you that two of your biggest players (Ramsey + Dybala) cannot play together. That is a big problem. Of course if Dybala plays RW, then you spent 80M for bench players (Berna/Costa). Another problem.

If you choose a 3-5-2 then Dybala, again, has to play as a CF. There is no escape from this fact!

Again, this is like the Benatia-Bonucci situation where Paratici should be able to see the what's going to happen. So either you bend over backwards to sell and buy multiple players, most likely including Dybala, or you simply change the coach.

As far as replacements, I guess there's Zidane and Deschamps. To be honest, I do agree with a lot of Sarri's tactical principals (e.g. somehow Mertens is a #9 that can score 30 goals and Dybala isn't? Really, a converted winger can score for fun under Sarri but Max can't find a way for Dybala to score?) but I would not want him as manager.

If I could find a profile like Sarri but mentally stable and slightly more adaptable and pragmatic then I would pick that guy. I prefer a 4-3-3 like how Sarri plays. It's fine if you have Ronaldo on the left and in defense you have to defend with a 4-4-2 instead of a real 4-5-1, it's not a big issue.

But to put it bluntly, failing to improve the team when you add Ronaldo is a huge indictment on the coach. It seems almost impossible that could happen.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
I'm pretty sure Allegri decides his own faith. If he feels that he can't give more to this team or that he needs a new challenge, him and Juve will part ways. Paratici and Agnelli won't fire him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well the big problem for a few years now is that Allegri cannot find a consistent position for Dybala. His refusal to try him steadily as a #9 points to some sort of stubborn block in his philosophy that might not be possible to change (I posted objective stats from this year that show how often Dybala is scoring as a CF). There were lots of opportunities throughout the past couple years to try him there consistently in low pressure situations and he has refused.

So Paratici is then dealing with a situation where Dybala is "unsellable" but he does not provide "unsellable" impact to the team. Now there's another "problem" coming for Paratici because he just spent a ton of money on Ramsey and explicitly stated that Ramsey's best position is mezzala.

So where does a mezzala play? In a 4-3-3 or a 3-5-2. But in a 4-3-3, Allegri will use Dybala at RW and that's a disaster. So in a 4-3-3, Allegri is already telling you that two of your biggest players (Ramsey + Dybala) cannot play together. That is a big problem. Of course if Dybala plays RW, then you spent 80M for bench players (Berna/Costa). Another problem.

If you choose a 3-5-2 then Dybala, again, has to play as a CF. There is no escape from this fact!

Again, this is like the Benatia-Bonucci situation where Paratici should be able to see the what's going to happen. So either you bend over backwards to sell and buy multiple players, most likely including Dybala, or you simply change the coach.

As far as replacements, I guess there's Zidane and Deschamps. To be honest, I do agree with a lot of Sarri's tactical principals (e.g. somehow Mertens is a #9 that can score 30 goals and Dybala isn't? Really, a converted winger can score for fun under Sarri but Max can't find a way for Dybala to score?) but I would not want him as manager.

If I could find a profile like Sarri but mentally stable and slightly more adaptable and pragmatic then I would pick that guy. I prefer a 4-3-3 like how Sarri plays. It's fine if you have Ronaldo on the left and in defense you have to defend with a 4-4-2 instead of a real 4-5-1, it's not a big issue.

But to put it bluntly, failing to improve the team when you add Ronaldo is a huge indictment on the coach. It seems almost impossible that could happen.
Remember that coppa game where he started Dybala at CF, he scored and assisted in the 1st half, then Allegri brought on Higuain for the 2nd half after the game was decided. Then he talked about how Dybala is not suited for playing there because he doesent have the physique. I dont understand this guy sometimes

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Remember that coppa game where he started Dybala at CF, he scored and assisted in the 1st half, then Allegri brought on Higuain for the 2nd half after the game was decided. Then he talked about how Dybala is not suited for playing there because he doesent have the physique. I dont understand this guy sometimes
Right. I mean first of all, Dybala is not a baby anymore. And he's not really that short, he just looks like a boy. He is taller than a lot of #9s around Europe. But if you pass it to his feet, he can shield the ball. He does it all the time in midfield. Or he draws a foul. This is not like 1988 where the defender just punches you in the head and takes the ball. They can hardly do anything to you without a foul called.

But also, one of my biggest pet peeves, is that he prefers Mario's physicality but we rarely ever use his head in build up. Instead of playing through our midfield, maybe go straight from Bonucci to Mario to Ronaldo? Have we even seen that more than a couple times this year? So if you are not using Mario's biggest strength, why is he preferred there?

Ok you start Mario against Atletico. But then you are happy with 60% possession in the hands of Bentancur, Matuidi, Chiellini around midfield? Why not sacrifice some useless, dangerous (counters) possession and try having Mario knock balls down for Ronaldo? It really makes more sense to try and go station to station against Atletico away? How many teams can do that with even twice the caliber of midfielders we have?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm pretty sure Allegri decides his own faith. If he feels that he can't give more to this team or that he needs a new challenge, him and Juve will part ways. Paratici and Agnelli won't fire him.
That will depend on how mad, or pressed agnelli will be... is not entirely on max.

Theres a lot of money that has been used in ronaldo, and if we get kicked out by atletico...the lost CL money will be considerable. Agnelli will have to face the people who puts the money on the team in the form of main investors and he will have to explain whats going on.

IMO he will be forced to show the door. Maybe if Ronado never came, allegri could be ok with this defeat,,, but with ronaldo here things change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 224)