out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Jesus. Realistically, the team is a bit unbalanced (short on midfield quality), but also in the middle of a significant injury crisis, still grinding out results, and yet the moaning never stops. Spoiled fans!

Pay attention to the great man, he's got some important words for some of you starting around the 8:50 mark.

Aug 2, 2005
So, How often has he made that specific excuse you are referring to?
Many times he said those comments..
- the missed penalties
- Juve goal is to be in the last 8 in CL (now a top 10).
Last year the language used was a top 4 always.
- Juve fans should not expect success every year in CL
- A coach only select players and players do the job
- Winning is extra ordinary and not normal
Winning Serie A is nothing extra ordinary
Though 6 titles in row is extra ordinary, he got 3 of them (2 were very easy for us as there is no competitors, this year also Napoli will fail to continue like this)
Can you imagine this same 11 Napoli losing once (to us) and drawing 3 so far in 25 games.
Our second team would be a top 4 in this serie A

If I search, I would find more comments like these. Those what I remember only.

I cannot say it is 100% his fault, but this particular Juve can and should play a much better football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Marchisio's wife hits out at Allegri

Claudio Marchisio’s wife sent a cryptic message to Juventus Coach Max Allegri via social media about where the line of “tolerance” ends.

The midfielder has barely featured this season, but even with Blaise Matuidi injured and Sami Khedira not 100 per cent fit, he was still left on the bench for the Derby della Mole against Torino.

“Tolerance reaches the line of reciprocal respect, but once it is past that, it is transformed,” wrote Roberta Sinopoli on her Instagram Stories.

It is a quote from writer Gianni Errera, but many took it to be a reference to her husband’s situation at Juve.

Marchisio is a fan favourite, as he is from Turin and spent his whole career with the Bianconeri, but he recently confessed he would look to go abroad if he was to leave Juve.

:baus:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Jesus. Realistically, the team is a bit unbalanced (short on midfield quality), but also in the middle of a significant injury crisis, still grinding out results, and yet the moaning never stops. Spoiled fans!

Pay attention to the great man, he's got some important words for some of you starting around the 8:50 mark.
Spot on. :tup:

Patience... nothing is done and dusted yet!

Mar 17, 2016
Marchisio's wife hits out at Allegri

Claudio Marchisio’s wife sent a cryptic message to Juventus Coach Max Allegri via social media about where the line of “tolerance” ends.

The midfielder has barely featured this season, but even with Blaise Matuidi injured and Sami Khedira not 100 per cent fit, he was still left on the bench for the Derby della Mole against Torino.

“Tolerance reaches the line of reciprocal respect, but once it is past that, it is transformed,” wrote Roberta Sinopoli on her Instagram Stories.

It is a quote from writer Gianni Errera, but many took it to be a reference to her husband’s situation at Juve.

Marchisio is a fan favourite, as he is from Turin and spent his whole career with the Bianconeri, but he recently confessed he would look to go abroad if he was to leave Juve.

:baus:
Is Marchisio getting the Pirlo treatment for some weird reason?

If the lad is indeed physically fine and Allegri insists on playing Stutardo and Khedira over him then he’s a criminal.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I agree. I’m not demanding that we play tiki taka football either. That would be against the identity of Juventus. It would be nice if we could play like how we played under Lippi. Direct football where we attack with purpose. Ferguson’s United had a similar philosophy. They were very attacking but not a possession team, they were just very direct and would open up defences quickly with 2-3 passes.

We have the players to play like this, but we don’t. This is partially because Allegri doesn’t want us to (or he doesn’t know how to coach this kind of football), and partially because our fitness coaches probably suck (we get tired very easily).
Ferguson admitted that he learned a lot from Lippi’s Juve, and you are right both Juve under Lippi and United under Ferguson, played some really entertaining football.

When all is said and done letting go of Allegri at this point would be a mistake, atleast unless he totally looses it for the rest of the season. He definetely deserves a lot of credit for his work here. There is probably 5-10 managers, who is at his level, and even if we get one of them, there is always a risk in changing coach.
Still it is funny to see Post Modern and the rest of the sauna boys go batshit crazy everytime Sarris name comeup.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

man, what a magical night that was.

I loved AA's speech too, something like "We know how to suffer, we know how to grind our teeth, we know how to rejoice, we are the people of Juventus".

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Ferguson admitted that he learned a lot from Lippi’s Juve, and you are right both Juve under Lippi and United under Ferguson, played some really entertaining football.

When all is said and done letting go of Allegri at this point would be a mistake, atleast unless he totally looses it for the rest of the season. He definetely deserves a lot of credit for his work here. There is probably 5-10 managers, who is at his level, and even if we get one of them, there is always a risk in changing coach.
Still it is funny to see Post Modern and the rest of the sauna boys go batshit crazy everytime Sarris name comeup.
Yeah whoever comes in for Allegri will be a downgrade. Neither Sarri or Tuz's new favourite Simone Inzaghi will be good enough to get immediate results.
So yeah we'll basically be left in an 'underwhelming but I'll take it' situation if Allegri leaves since Beppe will never sign a high profile coach.

Having said that, a change won't be all that bad.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Yeah whoever comes in for Allegri will be a downgrade. Neither Sarri or Tuz's new favourite Simone Inzaghi will be good enough to get immediate results.
You really can't know that for sure. Almost everyone considered Allegri a downgrade on Conte back in 2014. Look how that turned out.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You really can't know that for sure. Almost everyone considered Allegri a downgrade on Conte back in 2014. Look how that turned out.
He still was an accomplished coach who had experience at the highest level.
Neither Sarri or Inzaghi have that on their CV as of yet especially Inzaghi. I don't expect them to get results from the get go if we hired either of them.

Apr 19, 2007
The one argument I have against playing "attacking" style is that it will bring good results. I dont neccesarily think thats the case. Did Pep change his styke at Bayern? They didnt do much in europe with him there. Why?
Real and Barca are miles ahead of everyone in the last 6-7 years.
The last time that someone owned them was the germans and that was mainly due to their brilliant pressing.
If you want to attack well thats fine but remember that its not guaranteed to give you CL. The list is much longer for teams using attacking teams and failing than winning. Thats the nature of the CL.
You could say that madrid just beat a more attacking side with better attackers by having a strong defense and staying compact an countering.

Once again there are many good ways to play but their is no right way or better way for results.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
He still was an accomplished coach who had experience at the highest level.
Neither Sarri or Inzaghi have that on their CV as of yet especially Inzaghi. I don't expect them to get results from the get go if we hired either of them.
No one knew who Valverde was before 2017. He had zero experience at a big club. Now he will probably win the domestic double in his first season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the CL either.

Again, you can never know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 447)