out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah whoever comes in for Allegri will be a downgrade. Neither Sarri or Tuz's new favourite Simone Inzaghi will be good enough to get immediate results.
So yeah we'll basically be left in an 'underwhelming but I'll take it' situation if Allegri leaves since Beppe will never sign a high profile coach.

Having said that, a change won't be all that bad.
I would try our luck with any decent coach than keeping Allegri with this philosophy of his. If he does not change. Out style of play is just ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
No one knew who Valverde was before 2017. He had zero experience at a big club. Now he will probably win the domestic double in his first season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the CL either.

Again, you can never know.
Valverde was hardly unknown. He had been a fairly successful coach in La Liga a number of years before landing the Barcelona gig. I think Inzaghi will turn out to be a good coach, but the chances of him being a dud is huge. He barely has any coaching experience to his name. You can point out coaches who have been successful managing big clubs with barely any experience, but those are exceptions not the norm.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
At this point, the fitness staff matters more than the coach.
:agree:

When Khedira and Benatia are your fittest players, and when players like Matuidi who have been injury free their whole careers are broken after playing less then 500 minutes for Allegri, there's a serious problem.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
At this point, the fitness staff matters more than the coach.
If its a fitness staff as terrible as the ones living off Allegri, you might start to think that. Its been years since our team was able to go full force for more than 30 minutes without running out of breath and lets not even talk the amount of injuries we suffer

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
No one knew who Valverde was before 2017. He had zero experience at a big club. Now he will probably win the domestic double in his first season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the CL either.

Again, you can never know.
Barca won a league title literally without a coach some years ago. Valverde, Enrique and the likes have had some of the best players in the world at their disposal , have the most resources to work with and most importantly have not had to deal with their first eleven being dismantled every year. Besides Valverde is a highly reputed name in Spain. He's not somebody that emerged out of the shadows just yesterday. The Barca example doesn't reinforce your argument very well here. We are not run like them, we don't have the same footballing philosophy as them and we sure as hell don't have the best player in the world at our disposal.

We are at that phase of our progress as a club where we need more proven commodities to coach the team if you ask me.

If you think someone like Inzaghi will come in and make us challenge for a potential treble right off the bat like Allegri has done in 2 of his 3 seasons here , you are in for a rude awakening.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah whoever comes in for Allegri will be a downgrade. Neither Sarri or Tuz's new favourite Simone Inzaghi will be good enough to get immediate results.
So yeah we'll basically be left in an 'underwhelming but I'll take it' situation if Allegri leaves since Beppe will never sign a high profile coach.

Having said that, a change won't be all that bad.
I have this horrible hunch, that we will get that shithead Mancini if Allegri leaves.

I think that sometimes a change is needed to come in with some fresh ideas. Even though I personally dont like the kind of football that we play, there is no denying it is getting results, and as long as that is the case I think Allegri will stay.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...2000881/match=2021593/statistics/index.html#/

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...2000881/match=2021665/statistics/index.html#/

According to this, we covered 3.7 kilometres more ground than Barcelona did when they beat us 3-0 at Camp Nou. We covered 7.8 kilometres more ground than them when we drew 0-0 at home.

However, in both of these games, we only had 38-39% possession despite all our hard work.

Clearly our players are running, they are just running without any aim or purpose. We are not making passing triangles. We’re running around like headless chickens.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...2000881/match=2021593/statistics/index.html#/

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...2000881/match=2021665/statistics/index.html#/

According to this, we covered 3.7 kilometres more ground than Barcelona did when they beat us 3-0 at Camp Nou. We covered 7.8 kilometres more ground than them when we drew 0-0 at home.

However, in both of these games, we only had 38-39% possession despite all our hard work.

Clearly our players are running, they are just running without any aim or purpose. We are not making passing triangles. We’re running around like headless chickens.
Barcelona is not a good example though, they move the ball around faster than anyone, its their obsession. How many times per season they have less than 50% possession, none?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I have this horrible hunch, that we will get that shithead Mancini if Allegri leaves.

I think that sometimes a change is needed to come in with some fresh ideas. Even though I personally dont like the kind of football that we play, there is no denying it is getting results, and as long as that is the case I think Allegri will stay.
I do see us strongly considering Sarri if Allegri leaves tbh. Sarri is a yes man so he will fit in well with Beppe.
For me whoever comes in should have some decent experience at the highest level especially in terms of Europe.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Barcelona is not a good example though, they move the ball around faster than anyone, its their obsession. How many times per season they have less than 50% possession, none?
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...2000882/match=2021683/statistics/index.html#/

We ran slightly more than Tottenham (0.3 km) but had only 33% possession.

This has became a theme for this Juventus side in the Champions League. We run around like headless chickens chasing the ball. When we do win the ball, we can’t keep it because we don’t make passing triangles. We get tired, we defend deep, we concede.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
This has became a theme for this Juventus side in the Champions League. We run around like headless chickens chasing the ball. When we do win the ball, we can’t keep it because we don’t make passing triangles. We get tired, we defend deep, we concede.
Three players will always make a triangle, unless all three of them stand on a line.

- - - Updated - - -

We should get wenger. Good coach and loves to play attacking very entertaining football.
I know a Dildo or two who would prefer him to Allegri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 100, Guests: 462)