out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
thats a BS stat. watch us play and see that Mandzukic, Cuadrado and Pjanic are our pass to guys. we play through these 3 players most of our attacks.
Mandzukic is a completely innefective winger. He cannot create chances or dribble to save his life.

Statistics per 90 minutes:

Attack Score
Total Forward Passes
Key Passes
Assists
Goals Scored
Successful take-ons

What Mandzukic does best:

1. Win headers
2. Help defend
3. Safe backwards and lateral passes to maintain possession

Mandzukic does not create anything, he's not technically gifted enough to create. He's also too slow to play counterattacking football with. That is why we need to upgrade on him in the winger position.

Bernas chance creation stats with tons of space at the end of games (aka garbage time) are not relevant in this
3 of Berna's best games this season have came when he started for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mandzukic is a completely innefective winger. He cannot create chances or dribble to save his life.

Attack Score
Total Forward Passes
Key Passes
Assists
Goals Scored
Successful take-ons

1. Win headers
2. Help defend

Mandzukic does not create anything, he's not technically gifted enough to create. He's also too slow to play counterattacking football with. That is why we need to upgrade on him in the winger position.

:tup:

I will say how important it is for him to be effective in the air. Brings the ball down and lays it off nicely.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Attack Score
Total Forward Passes
Key Passes
Assists
Goals Scored
Successful take-ons

1. Win headers
2. Help defend

so lets put this in perspective. 1st i have to say youre too focused on stats, if thats how you view most things in football i have bad news for you. 2nd, Mandzukic quite clearly plays the most important games and minutes this season, Berna most of the times plays either bad teams or at the end of games, yet his forward passes, key passes and chances created are only marginally better than Mandzukics per 90 minutes? well, thanks for confirming what i was saying i guess. if you dont see the importance of Mandzukic on that left side/next to Higuain (should be next to Dybala), then you either dont pay attention to the game or simply dont like Mandzukic for not being fancy enough.

so again, drop the stats and watch the game. granted, you need to be able to understand what you are even watching, so not sure thats for you either

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
so lets put this in perspective. 1st i have to say youre too focused on stats, if thats how you view most things in football i have bad news for you. 2nd, Mandzukic quite clearly plays the most important games and minutes this season, Berna most of the times plays either bad teams or at the end of games, yet his forward passes, key passes and chances created are only marginally better than Mandzukics per 90 minutes? well, thanks for confirming what i was saying i guess. if you dont see the importance of Mandzukic on that left side/next to Higuain (should be next to Dybala), then you either dont pay attention to the game or simply dont like Mandzukic for not being fancy enough.

so again, drop the stats and watch the game. granted, you need to be able to understand what you are even watching, so not sure thats for you either
I think part of his point with the stats is to show that Bernie is getting MUCH less playing time and still achieving pretty decent results, hence the statistical comparison.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

There's a good reason no other top team plays with a player like Mandzukic on the wing.

Also, Berna creates 43% more chances per 90 minutes. That is not a marginal difference. Berna's number would probably be even higher if he got regular playing time and actually had a chance to develop chemistry with the rest of our attack.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

if you dont see the importance of Mandzukic on that left side/next to Higuain then you either dont pay attention to the game or simply dont like Mandzukic for not being fancy enough.

Can't +rep you again yet, this last part in particular was damn accurate! :tup:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think part of his point with the stats is to show that Bernie is getting MUCH less playing time and still achieving pretty decent results, hence the statistical comparison.
he says Berna is better than Mandzukic in build up. he thinks that because Berna is more technical probably, and scores/assists a lot in limited minutes. but thats not what im talking about. Mandzukic is top 3 of our most important players in buildup, the other 2 are Pjanic and Cuadrado. thats just something you can conclude while watching as much as 10 minutes of Juventus football.

Berna will eventually start for Juve in a year or 2 as he still learns the ways of the EuroMaxx, but at this point, benching the 2 way monsters that are Mandzukic and Cuadrado is simply a no go

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
he says Berna is better than Mandzukic in build up. he thinks that because Berna is more technical probably, and scores/assists a lot in limited minutes. but thats not what im talking about. Mandzukic is top 3 of our most important players in buildup, the other 2 are Pjanic and Cuadrado. thats just something you can conclude while watching as much as 10 minutes of Juventus football.

Berna will eventually start for Juve in a year or 2 as he still learns the ways of the EuroMaxx, but at this point, benching the 2 way monsters that are Mandzukic and Cuadrado is simply a no go
:tup:

alright fellas, the next few games till the jan break are pretty boring...happy holidays everyone, see you on the other side ::rambo::::rambo::

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Cuads and Mario can either help our attack or completely dismantle it. There is not middle ground and that is where frustrations are coming in. Today, Mario held the ball up nicely. Cuads didn't really do much. All of our attacks bar Higuain can help in the build up, that's their job but whats more important is who does it more consistently.

Anyway, you know where I stand on the matter.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Here's a comparison between Mandzu and Costa

In this case, Mario has scored more goals, but Costa absolutely blows him away in creativity. Costa creates almost 3 times as many chances, 3 times as many key passes, 3 times as many assists, and 10 times as many dribbles.

But I guess that some people just don't want us to be anything resembling exciting going forward. :boh:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
There's a good reason no other top team plays with a player like Mandzukic on the wing.

Also, Berna creates 43% more chances per 90 minutes. That is not a marginal difference. Berna's number would probably be even higher if he got regular playing time and actually had a chance to develop chemistry with the rest of our attack.
only 3 other teams have reached the CL final in the last 3 years, one lost and the other 2 have twice the budget we are on. so we should emulate those other teams that couldnt get anywhere near the CL final? no other team had Vidal as a trequartista either, no other team played 352 then 4312 and so on. your point is invalid.

again, its not about the numbers. and if we had a Pjanic-Pogba-Vidal midfield, id even agree with you, Berna or Costa should play. but with Pjanic isolated and the only mid that can create attacks, we need Mandzukic out there. and Dybala, so Higuain should be the one benched

- - - Updated - - -

In this case, Mario has scored more goals, but Costa absolutely blows him away in creativity. Costa creates almost 3 times as many chances, 3 times as many key passes, 3 times as many assists, and 10 times as many dribbles.

But I guess that some people just don't want us to be anything resembling exciting going forward. :boh:
now Costa is an interesting case. he definitely challenges Cuadrado for a starting spot, and should be an early sub when Cuadrado has one of his off games. hes slowly getting the rhythm of the team and is integrating well. but, that should be on the right side. hes twice as effective on the right side as he is on the left, so no threat to Mandzukic

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
again, its not about the numbers. and if we had a Pjanic-Pogba-Vidal midfield, id even agree with you, Berna or Costa should play. but with Pjanic isolated and the only mid that can create attacks, we need Mandzukic out there. and Dybala, so Higuain should be the one benched
Mandzukic is not creative, not in the slightest. If you think that Mandzukic is a creative player then you have no idea what an actual creative player looks like.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Attack Score
Total Forward Passes
Key Passes
Assists
Goals Scored
Successful take-ons

1. Win headers
2. Help defend

Berna plays as an impact sub when teams are tired. Explains the numbers being in his favor. Mandzu plays all game long. Completely apples to oranges.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Cuads and Mario can either help our attack or completely dismantle it. There is not middle ground and that is where frustrations are coming in. Today, Mario held the ball up nicely. Cuads didn't really do much. All of our attacks bar Higuain can help in the build up, that's their job but whats more important is who does it more consistently.

Anyway, you know where I stand on the matter.
my ideal attack in the ending months of this season is Mandzukic-Dybala-Costa/Cuads (whoever is in better form). i think we will play the most effective with that kind of setup, with the midfield we have (or dont have). hopefully we will get to the point where we are comfortable to let Higuain come off the bench eventually

- - - Updated - - -

Mandzukic is not creative, not in the slightest. If you think that Mandzukic is a creative player then you have no idea what an actual creative player looks like.
dude, you simply dont understand what im saying. and i cant explain it to you because even if i did, you would still not understand. you have your fancy glasses on and your mind set already, nothing can convince you

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Berna plays as an impact sub when teams are tired. Explains the numbers being in his favor. Mandzu plays all game long. Completely apples to oranges.
What about the comparison with Costa. Is different opposition the reason to why Costa is literally 3 times more creative than Mandzukic?

- - - Updated - - -

now Costa is an interesting case. he definitely challenges Cuadrado for a starting spot, and should be an early sub when Cuadrado has one of his off games. hes slowly getting the rhythm of the team and is integrating well. but, that should be on the right side. hes twice as effective on the right side as he is on the left, so no threat to Mandzukic
2015/16 was the best season of Costa's career. He played the vast majority of the season on the left. He scored more and assisted more (per game) playing on the left than he did on the right.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What about the comparison with Costa. Is different opposition the reason to why Costa is literally 3 times more creative than Mandzukic?

- - - Updated - - -

2015/16 was the best season of Costa's career. He played the vast majority of the season on the left. He scored more and assisted more (per game) playing on the left than he did on the right.
He's still only played half of Mandzu's minutes with almost the same number of games so yeah, not quite an impact sub but still is able to expand a lot more energy in a short period.

Define creative tho. Mandzu is not a traditional winger, he's a striker who plays on the wing. The numbers make sense for their respective styles. I'm okay with playing Costa more but definitely not okay with benching Mandzu unless we get a better player and Costa is not better imo.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
dude, you simply dont understand what im saying. and i cant explain it to you because even if i did, you would still not understand. you have your fancy glasses on and your mind set already, nothing can convince you
You are in complete denial of the fact that Mandzukic just isn't that effective on the wing.

Mandzukic wins headers, helps defend, and plays safe passes. He doesn't create anything.

We will be much better off long term if we play a winger who can create.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 272)