• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
OR Dybala as CF and Higuain benched

lol

this is such a conundrum for Max :D
i dont see what the issue is with this whole dybala thing...its good to have mutliple options and depth..there will be players who have dips in form and other players will step in...and also with @Hustini still counting injuries, all the front 7 will get there opportunities

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Max is probably the only coach among the big teams who picks his attacking players in a 433 based on how much they contribute defensively.
and thats not true either. Cuadrado and Mandzukic are crucial for our build up, since Matuidi and Khedira wont contribute much in that regard obviously

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
3 man gives us so much more support though. Man, I'd hate to sacrifice that with the risk of leaking goals. Personally, I'd like to see Dybala as the front CF again.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, why can Barca make it work with Messi but we can't with Dybala?
Our defense has gotten gradually sturdy and one of the reasons may be due to switching to a 3 man midfield

But when the 4-2-3-1 worked so well for us last year, why not this year ? We essentially have the same team except we have Benatia at the back and a more athletic mid in Matuidi. We do like to focus on the formation a lot but in reality is it really the game changer ? Now that we are stable and not leaking goals, we can transition to 4-2-3-1 more easily.

Dybala and Higuaín are both essential players and we can't afford to bench them. Our mercato was based on upgrading the attack and now that we have more options, Allegri should use it more efficiently.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i dont see what the issue is with this whole dybala thing...its good to have mutliple options and depth..there will be players who have dips in form and other players will step in...and also with @Hustini still counting injuries, all the front 7 will get there opportunities
:D smart ass

I am not bothered by Dybala on the bench at all. Team is winning and not leaking goals. Nothing else matters to me.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I said once and again last three league games. We r playing like a EPL team so we r scoring like any EPL team and suffering at the end of the game like any EPL team... iMO it's gonna be enough for italy but in europe our entire options would pass for our players overrun rivals and I can't see it happen

High pressure, high tempo and workrate over technique... if Beppe buy Messi, he would have to defend or eat bench too
It might be your own personal oppinion so I won't criticize even tho I strongly disagree with most of it.

If you did watch the game tonight, do not forget that if it was not for both lack of finishing and poor decision-making in the final third than this game could have easily been a 3:0 long before Roma even had their first clear chance at goal...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our defense has gotten gradually sturdy and one of the reasons may be due to switching to a 3 man midfield

But when the 4-2-3-1 worked so well for us last year, why not this year ? We essentially have the same team except we have Benatia at the back and a more athletic Matuidi. We do like to focus on the formation a lot but in reality is it really the game changer ? Now that we are stable and not leaking goals, we can transition to 4-2-3-1 more easily.

Dybala and Higuaín are both essential players and we can't afford to bench them. Our mercato was based on upgrading the attack and now that we have more options, Allegri should use it more efficiently.
As long as we never see the 352 again lol

The only time the 4231 is working well is when Dybala and Higuain are actually on form. One of them goes out then we either hope Dybala scores (out of form Higs) or Cuadrado creates (out of form Dybala) because we know Mario offers hardly anything going forward.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Dybala isn't competing with Messi for a spot, he's competing with our front line of Higuain, Mandzukic, and Cuadrado. Dybala is objectively a better player than all of them.
Its not just with us, but even in the argentina team they arent able to fit him in...he cant even get in against papu gomez, di maria, icardi and some other no names

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, just posted this in his thread. A 4-3-1-2 formation wpuld also be suitable for him and good for this team, both Mandzo and Higuain as ST's and Dybala behind them.
our midfield doesent work good enough two ways for qa 4312 to work without wingers. Mandzukic and Cuadrado do a hell of a job for this 3 man midfield to work. id sell Higuain and buy a great mid, but we wont do that sadly

- - - Updated - - -

Berna and Costa are both significantly better at build up play than Mandzukic,
we havent had one attack run through Berna for his time on the pitch. nearly every attack goes to Mandzukic.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Max Allegri explained his tactical choices as Juventus beat Roma 1-0 and reassured Paulo Dybala. “Winning 1-0 is always a nice feeling.”

Medhi Benatia scored the only goal of the game, but late on Alessandro Florenzi’s chip hit the bar and Wojciech Szczesny performed a desperate save on Patrik Schick.

“It was a good game, but we didn’t finish it off and then struggled at the end,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“We could’ve had more goals, but winning 1-0 is always a nice feeling. In truth, we gifted the last chance to Roma and others too when we should’ve been comfortable.”

For the third Serie A game in a row, Allegri dropped Paulo Dybala and used Blaise Matuidi in a 4-3-3 formation.

“Matuidi and the midfielders like Miralem Pjanic are important to push forward into spaces. Paulo is absolutely not a problem for Juventus. The problem would be not having him. At this moment, that’s just how things are, but it’s a long season, there are many games and we will need his goals.

“There are moments when you need some players and moments when you need others. Today we needed solidity. If Dybala had come off the bench, he would’ve done well tonight.

“Dybala understands the moment, he respects the decisions and the whole squad wins the game. On Wednesday he put in a great performance in the Coppa Italia against Genoa and I explained when he arrived that he can’t really be a centre-forward.”

This weekend’s results mean Napoli and Juventus open up a consistent gap at the top of the table, as both Inter and Roma lost in third and fourth place.

“Roma and Napoli are candidates for the Scudetto. Inter are still up there and so are Lazio. It’s an important result tonight, because if Roma win their game in hand against Sampdoria next month, they’d have been level with us.

“There is no anxiety, because Juve live for games like this.”

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Its not just with us, but even in the argentina team they arent able to fit him in...he cant even get in against papu gomez, di maria, icardi and some other no names
Dybala is the most gifted talent on our team. Ofcourse he eventually needs to be reinstated. If we had Messi like Argentina , it would've been a different matter but he essentially plays the same role as Messi , it obviously would be tough to fit him in.
Allegri needs to find a way to put him back on.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
we havent had one attack run through Berna for his time on the pitch. nearly every attack goes to Mandzukic.
The delusion is strong with this one.

Looking at the stats, Mandzukic' key passes and chance creation per 90 minutes is mediocre. If you watch them play, you notice how much better Berna and Costa are on the ball than Mandzukic. They can take people on, play through balls. Mandzukic isn't technically gifted enough to do that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The delusion is strong with this one.

Looking at the stats, Mandzukic' key passes and chance creation per 90 minutes is mediocre. If you watch them play, you notice how much better Berna and Costa are on the ball than Mandzukic. They can take people on, play through balls. Mandzukic isn't technically gifted enough to do that.
thats a BS stat. watch us play and see that Mandzukic, Cuadrado and Pjanic are our pass to guys. we play through these 3 players most of our attacks. Bernas chance creation stats with tons of space at the end of games (aka garbage time) are not relevant in this

- - - Updated - - -

same reason as with us. Dybala is a pure striker with a bad 1st touch and technical abilities. hes not a winger nor is he a AM, he needs to be close to the goal and receive passes around the box, which wont happen with Icardi and Messi there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 213)