Martin Fenin (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Fenin Agent Admits Juventus Interest

The agent of Czech sensation Martin Fenin has admitted that talks are in progress to bring his client to Juventus.

The 20-year-old FK Teplice striker was one of the stars of this summer’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada, scoring three goals for the Czechs, including one in the final against Argentina.

Tuttosport revealed last week that Bianconeri star Pavel Nedved had recommended his compatriot to the club, and it appears they have heeded his advice.

“At the moment we are at the first stages of negotiations,” agent Pavel Zika revealed.

“At the end of November we will go to Turin and talk directly to Juve’s directors.

“Fenin could stay at Teplice until the end of the season or he could go out on loan to another Italian side in January.”

Fenin is available for around £4m and Teplice are willing to do business as early as January.

The starlet, who has won two caps for the Czech senior side, is also of interest to Premiership duo Arsenal and Liverpool, with Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger said to be a big admirer.

Carlo Garganese

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
for 7.5M I would pass on him as I have never heard of him and Trez can do that goal himself and has done it so many times in the past so it doesnt really impress me

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
for 7.5M I would pass on him as I have never heard of him and Trez can do that goal himself and has done it so many times in the past so it doesnt really impress me
No disrespect Orgut, but remember the recommendation does come from Pavel Nedved. Wenger is also an admirer.

The fact that you have never heard about him seems somewhat irrelevant.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We are already investing for the future anyways with Marchisio, Nocerino, Chiellini, Giovinco and now this Ekdal kid. I guess the club are serious about scouting young talent now.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The fact that Fenin is already a full international is encouraging. At 20, he would, at the sort of fee being mentioned, have to be pretty damn good to justify the outlay. Don't forget, Manchester United paid €40m for a 17 year old and have no regrets whatsoever.

Neverthess, as Turk_Bianconero mentions above it seems as though we are going down the same path as Arsenal in spotting and then nurturing young talent.

What we have to remeber is that Arsenal have the finest, not to mention the most cunning, scouting and acquisition methods in Europe. Take the way they have captured Fran Merida at the age of 15 from Barça 18 months ago. This results from the contract restrictions in Spain preventing Spanish clubs from completing registrations on players till they reach 16 years of age. This is not the 1st time Arsenal have done this taking players from under the noses of Spanish clubs. They are hopping mad at Wenger's tactics.

Juventus are to be applauded at looking at 16 -20 year olds and let us hope that they can sort out the wheat from the chaff. Talking of Barcelona, they too are not frightened of signing and then playing a 17 year old alongside Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry and Messi as we have witnessed this season. So Secco, no loaning out these prospects to Empoli, Reggina or whoever. Let's see them in the 2008 -2009 - and 2010 sides.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
So is this Fenin guy all ours like Ekdal is..???Im really hoping that its completed,seeing that He was a recommendation by Nedved and like some people have mentioned,he was also tracked by Wenger which says a lot...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
So is this Fenin guy all ours like Ekdal is..???Im really hoping that its completed,seeing that He was a recommendation by Nedved and like some people have mentioned,he was also tracked by Wenger which says a lot...
i won't believe he is ours until I see him wearing our jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)