Martin Cáceres (4 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
i like the kid. he is more than good going forward. he is a little weak wean defending but he is young and he can learn to defend properly. he can learn how to use his pace to cover his defending mistakes.

the great about the kid is that he gives his heart in every game. something you can't find easily. many times this year, the kid was the only reason that our defense contributed to the attacking part...

forza martin...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 17, 2009
Me neither. Rafinha is also the epitome of unprofessional.

I love how people just write Caceres off at CB when the vast majority of them have never seen him play there. That's the position he made his name playing. RB and CB require very different tasks that the player must perform also.

Don't write him off because he's very talented at Cb and also a very capable Rb as he has shown us.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't want him as a CB either. His pace is suited to the sides.

Bit over the top.
He's no better than Grygera in defending.

i like the kid. he is more than good going forward. he is a little weak wean defending but he is young and he can learn to defend properly. he can learn how to use his pace to cover his defending mistakes.

the great about the kid is that he gives his heart in every game. something you can't find easily. many times this year, the kid was the only reason that our defense contributed to the attacking part...

forza martin...
Like Molinaro?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
We need our defenders to be good now though.
What's truly required is a solid centre pairing. You can surely get away with Caceres on the right, Chiellini, another solid central defender, and a good left back (lure Santon with candy?).

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
i would like someone who is good going forward and not so good defending for the dr position
:disagree: defence should "always" be a first priority over attack specially for "defenders".

Imagine at some point in the future we were leading 1-0 in a really important game and we needed to defend that lead but one error from our defenders could cost us a title or a cup.

Who would you rather have at that moment, a fullback who can defend well but average going forward or someone who is great going forward but poor in defending ? I'd rather have the first guy.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
i am fed up with fullbacks who are good in defending and average in attacking. grygera is one. he is good in defending. he does no mistakes always there. but can't go forward...

i am tired of those type of players.

of course i would like fullback who can defend and attack well. but this is difficult to find...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
i am fed up with fullbacks who are good in defending and average in attacking. grygera is one. he is good in defending. he does no mistakes always there. but can't go forward...

i am tired of those type of players.

of course i would like fullback who can defend and attack well. but this is difficult to find...
I have got to disagree about Zdenek, buddy.

Grygera played pretty well today (a couple of decent crosses to boot), especially given what we're used to seeing from him, but he certainly isn't a quality defender. Not particularly skilled in any area, Grygera's most glaring faults are frequently blowing the offside trap, and constantly losing his mark in the box; his gaffes are usually back breakers. He's 29 and a mediocre defender, who, as you pointed out, isn't good at getting forward.

In my opinion, this guy was our worst player last season, and we should have unloaded him this past summer and brought in a proper RB. It's absolutely insane that Grygera and Zebina are BOTH still members of this team, considering that RB was without a doubt our worst position last year (with an honorable mention to LB).

Oh yeah... Caceres thread... Forza Martin. We need this guy healthy ASAP, so that we can make the right decision about his status come summertime. He's a high quality athlete, without a doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)