Martin Cáceres (52 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Trying players out is what you do when you get a player on loan, like we did Cáceres this year. Thing is, we still don't really know what to make of him, as it's also hard to judge players after a terrible overall season.

12m ( or what was his pricetag again? ) is pretty high, and he seems quite a big risk still. Maybe re-loan, if that's possible? I really don't know.

What are the alternatives? It's not like good RBs are lying around on the floor for us to pick up.

Like I said, I don't know what to make of him. He could come good, he could not improve at all.
Rafinha could be bought for less than 12 million and is better going forward than Caceres and has the ability to defend.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He is not that bad at defending. He certainly has the guts and heart, he just needs to work on his timing and patience. Learn the art of tackling and positioning.
Timing, patience, tackling, positioning...??? these are the ESSENTIAL skills of any defender, yet they are his major failings. I appreciate his heart, and am bothered to have not seen him play in the middle, where perhaps he could have shined, but as a right back...his defensive failings make him a shockingly overpriced punt at 10m.

Defenders need to have natural ability to defend. Then youc an try to teach them other things, like passing, short and long. Improve their stamina, the accuracy of their heading, bulk them up muscle wise...but a team like Juventus, even a mid table serie A team, needs defenders who already have some natural ability in Timing, Patience, Positioning, Tackling.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If he hasn't learned to judge when to tackle and how to tackle in a decade of, presumably, fairly intensive coaching, why would anyone think he would suddenly improve now?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
surely he can defend, he is a natural CB after all.
Great theory.

I'm naturally a CB.

Doesn't mean I'm good enough at defending to play for Juve, though.

this was his first game back as well. i can only see im improving TBH.
I didn't see the Parma game.

I'm slagging him off on the basis of earlier games when most folk though he was great.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If he hasn't learned to judge when to tackle and how to tackle in a decade of, presumably, fairly intensive coaching, why would anyone think he would suddenly improve now?
You're right. Let's sell Chiellini now while we can since he still makes mistakes. Crazy me for thinking defenders can improve their game. We can't have a CB surging forward so often, fouling, or going hastily into challenges.

Uh oh...did Hustini just compare the two? Shame on him:disagree:

(And yes, I referenced myself in the third person)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
2 years ago Chiellini wasn't the defender he is today. At 23 years old he made plenty of misakes, in fact still does. Give Caceres 2 years playing 95% of the games each season for club and country and watch how significant his improvements will be.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
2 years ago Chiellini wasn't the defender he is today. At 23 years old he made plenty of misakes, in fact still does. Give Caceres 2 years playing 95% of the games each season for club and country and watch how significant his improvements will be.
2 years ago Chiellini single handedly kept Italy in the game against Spain at the Euro's. And that's just one example.
I'm not saying that Caceres can't or won't improve with regular playing time, but we shouldn't expect him to turn out as a great defender. That much should be clear by now.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
You're right. Let's sell Chiellini now while we can since he still makes mistakes. Crazy me for thinking defenders can improve their game. We can't have a CB surging forward so often, fouling, or going hastily into challenges.

Uh oh...did Hustini just compare the two? Shame on him:disagree:

(And yes, I referenced myself in the third person)
Comparing the two, in theory, on virtual paper, is moderately acceptable...but in reality, its a joke comparison. For even as a fullback, Chiellini had sown MUCH MORE. No need for me to write an epic, for the caceres situation, AS A RIGHT BACK, can be surmised as simply as...he is a defender who has major problems in defence.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Give him as much playing time as Chiellini please, until then I will stand by my opinion whether I am the only one or not.

Whether you guys want to frown on his mistakes he did have some excellent tackles this year, and he adds some much needed pace to our backline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)